Latest Blog Posts »
- Is Wadi Rum worth it? 1 day ago When Ridley Scott was directing the blockbuster film The Martian, he knew he needed a landscape that closely resembled Mars in order to keep the film as realistic as possible. He settled on filming in the Wadi Rum desert region of Jordan. I have not seen that movie but when I got to Wadi Rum […]
- Where we stayed: Movenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba, Jordan 1 week ago If I tell you, “I was in a wonderful beach resort in Jordan!” would you look at me like I got my geography wrong? Or if you think of a “beach vacation” would you even think of Jordan? When I thought of Jordan at first, beach was far from my mind (except the “beach” at […]
- My year 2016 in review in twelve blog posts 2 weeks ago Another year is about to end, in like, a few hours. Ready or not, 2017 is just around the corner. How was your 2016? Was it full of (hopefully) good surprises? A couple of weeks ago at home, our house help blurted out, “It’s a lonely/sad Christmas!” maybe because she misses Christmas in her...
- Petra, from the Siq and beyond 3 weeks ago If you hear the word, “Petra”, the above photo comes to mind. In fact, until I went there early this month, I thought this iconic building was all there is to Petra. The Treasury is one of the most elaborate temples in the ancient Arab Nabatean Kingdom city of Petra. The great facade of the...
- Guide to visiting Petra for first timers 3 weeks ago This guide to visiting Petra is meant to make this glorious site just a bit easier to get to. Depending on when you stumble upon this blog post, the data and information (especially the entrance fee) may not be accurate anymore, so do check from Jordan Tourism Board’s official website. ***** Ah...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Really Come to Dubai in Summer Expat Blog Awards 2013 Have you ever flipped through the glossy travel magazines and stopped at the page, “Dubai – the center of now” and think, why not? There’s a photo of the pristine, turquoise waters off Jumeirah beach, the unbroken blue skies, glorious sun....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Sandier Pastures
09:47 AM October 31, 2012
Grace's blog is an indispensable read for gaining insight on Dubai and its culture.
14:40 PM November 02, 2012
I love reading Grace's blog, a true blogging professional I have learnt so much from her, lovely to see her here.