Latest Blog Posts »
- Sorry for the long hiatus. An update. 1 week ago I’ve lost track. I’ve been on a blogging hiatus for the longest time in my ten years of blogging. Not writing anything for a month has been tougher than not eating chocolates for a month. I expected it. I didn’t fully wanted it – semi-quitting blogging and all but it happened. I still...
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi 2 months ago We had a long weekend last week for the Islamic holiday, Isra wal miraj and we chose to spend it in more laid back Abu Dhabi. What is a visit to Abu Dhabi without checking out the grand mosque? We’ve visited so many times, taking friends and family visiting us in the UAE. I wrote […]
- When the fear of travel creeps in 2 months ago Stockholm and Alexandria were on my mind and in my travel plans this year. By now, you must already know what happened lately to these two cities: a truck being driven into a crowded shopping street in Stockholm and there was a church bombing in Alexandria during a Palm Sunday mass at a Coptic...
- How I got my Japanese family name 3 months ago I was doing the car registration renewal process a few days back when the Emirati guy behind the counter at Tasjeel chit chatted me while he holds my car registration card, “So you are Japanese? You have a Japanese family name and nationality but you look Filipino!” If I attempt to count this...
- Tuesday's surprise: rain, in late March! 3 months ago Photo credit The National. You can find more photos of the rain here. After days of grey skies and wind and dust, we woke up to rain this morning. I know I heard some pitter patter at the break of dawn but didn’t realize it had been raining heavily outside. I mean, c’mon, it’s already […]
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Really Come to Dubai in Summer Expat Blog Awards 2013 Have you ever flipped through the glossy travel magazines and stopped at the page, “Dubai – the center of now” and think, why not? There’s a photo of the pristine, turquoise waters off Jumeirah beach, the unbroken blue skies, glorious sun....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Sandier Pastures
09:47 AM October 31, 2012
Grace's blog is an indispensable read for gaining insight on Dubai and its culture.
14:40 PM November 02, 2012
I love reading Grace's blog, a true blogging professional I have learnt so much from her, lovely to see her here.