Latest Blog Posts »
- Travel Challenge: Visiting countries for every letter of the alphabet 4 days ago Photo credit In one of my daydreaming moments on which place to visit next, I thought of creating a list of countries I visited so far and categorise them according alphabetically. The aim of this self-imposed challenge is to visit at least 26 countries in this lifetime, at least once per country....
- 10 Reasons why we love living in the UAE 1 week ago Photo credit In celebration of the UAE’s 45th National Day, here’s recalling reasons why we love living here. I was 30 when we moved here and now that I just turned 40, it meant we’ve been in this country for a DECADE. Please give me a moment to digest that. OMG, a decade. I lived […]
- 5 Things I'm glad I did before turning 40 2 weeks ago When 2016 rolled over, the first thing that came to my mind was – this is the year I will be 40. The thought of being four decades ‘old’ didn’t actually bother me. But then the annual birthday blues hit me again. Around this time of the year, I just want to curl up in a […]
- Things to do in Japan: Visiting shrines and temples 2 weeks ago Thinking about it, I’m frequently asked: “What are the top things to do in Japan?” I’ve lived there for more than ten years so people expect me to blurt out answers faster than Google. But actually, I always get stumped when asked that question. I tend to over-think things. So I ask back,...
- Missing Niigata 3 weeks ago My mother in law called me last weekend, and asked the perpetual question, as she does almost every year: “When are you coming here again, aren’t you doing the taiken nyuugaku anymore?” The last time we were in Japan was already more than three years ago and though we would have loved to go...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Really Come to Dubai in Summer Expat Blog Awards 2013 Have you ever flipped through the glossy travel magazines and stopped at the page, “Dubai – the center of now” and think, why not? There’s a photo of the pristine, turquoise waters off Jumeirah beach, the unbroken blue skies, glorious sun....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Sandier Pastures
09:47 AM October 31, 2012
Grace's blog is an indispensable read for gaining insight on Dubai and its culture.
14:40 PM November 02, 2012
I love reading Grace's blog, a true blogging professional I have learnt so much from her, lovely to see her here.