Latest Blog Posts »
- Interview with the rattan peddler 2 days ago “How old are you?” “I was born in 1917.” One of the things I love about traveling is meeting unique, interesting people. This morning, my mother came home from her exercise (she goes to an outdoor zumba class every day, except Sundays) with an old man carrying a roll of rattan on his head...
- At the grandparent's house 3 days ago Hello friends, sorry for the silence. My blogging life has ceased to exist since the kids and I arrived at my home town. I am on vacation – which means no work but it only meant no official desk work but there are tons of other work to do because we do not have a […]
- Getting around the islands: Domestic flights in the Philippines 2 weeks ago It may not look like it but the Philippines is composed of thousands of islands big and small, inhabited and uninhabited. There are 7,107 islands to be exact (though so many claim that number could change, depending on the tide). The main point of entry to the country from abroad is mainly from the...
- It's been 7 years 2 weeks ago Even the airport in my home town has changed. The kids and I are in the Philippines right now. It’s been seven long years since I was here. More than the fact that I’d be travelling with two children, the youngest being just 3, alone, I was anxious of the unstable Philippine weather in July....
- Where we stayed: Yas Island Rotana, Abu Dhabi 3 weeks ago We had an impromptu trip invite to Abu Dhabi last week to attend the press conference of the “Kids Rule on Yas Island” at Ferrari World. My husband had been out of town so me driving all the way to Abu Dhabi was out of the question. (I never drive past Maktoum bridge – shameful, […]
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Really Come to Dubai in Summer Expat Blog Awards 2013 Have you ever flipped through the glossy travel magazines and stopped at the page, “Dubai – the center of now” and think, why not? There’s a photo of the pristine, turquoise waters off Jumeirah beach, the unbroken blue skies, glorious sun....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Sandier Pastures
09:47 AM October 31, 2012
Grace's blog is an indispensable read for gaining insight on Dubai and its culture.
14:40 PM November 02, 2012
I love reading Grace's blog, a true blogging professional I have learnt so much from her, lovely to see her here.