An American in Ireland
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Importance of Being Scrappy 7 months ago San Francisco, 1999. I was in a major pickle. I’d spent the night at a friend’s flat after too much wine. She had to go to work early, but told me I could sleep in and let myself out as the front door would lock behind me. That’s what good friends do. I woke up […]
- A Rush of Memories...from Food 9 months ago It’s funny how certain foods can transport me back to a very particular place in time, and how some of my fondest and strongest memories are tied to certain dish or flavour. I remember a trip to Westport back in November 2010, which was my first-ever weekend getaway with my then-boyfriend...
- The "Ex" in Expat 10 months ago In a few short days, I’ll be meeting my best friend from back home in New York City for a long weekend. It’s been over six years since we’ve had time by ourselves face-to-face, mainly due to this hectic day-to-day thing called life and the literal ocean that sits between us. As an expat, you...
- From Humble Beginnings... 10 months ago When my sister and I were little kids, we loved to pretend like we were cooks – not always with great results. I recall a couple of “cooking” disasters as kids that really should’ve put us off for life. In Japan, where we lived until the age of 5, we loved to rifle through the […]
- Rockstar Dreams & Destinations 1 year ago When I was still going to university, I wrote for an online music magazine called Addicted to Noise, covering the emerging Britpop beat. I was obsessed; I pored over the liner notes of CDs, recorded and replayed videos of the bands from MTV and devoured the UK music publications. Though I was on a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » An American in Ireland has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!