Letters on the Wind
Latest Blog Posts »
- How I'm using flashcards to learn a new language 3 weeks ago Flashcards are what's getting me through Thai class with a minimum amount of pain. I've employed them sparingly in the past, but for Thai I am going all out. And it's really helping.
- Back to Bule 2 months ago Just before classes started this semester, I read Benedict Anderson’s memoir, A Life Beyond Boundaries. Benedict Anderson is a quite well-known scholar of Southeast Asia. He wrote the important book Imagined Communities, which compares different societies within Southeast Asia and which will be...
- Learning (Another) New Language 2 months ago So Thai it is, and now I'm back to square one with a new language.
- Photo Friday: Rehearsal 2 months ago Here's a photo of one of the rehearsals I observed during July.
- New Semester, New Schedule 2 months ago Starting over in a new program at the same school is weird. On the one hand, I’m a pro at registering for classes, understanding the various schools and divisions that this university is made up of, and getting on wait lists in order to effectively class shop. On the other hand, I have no idea...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Letters on the Wind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!