Latest Blog Posts »
- Italy's Cycle Motorway Takes a Step Closer to Reality 1 week ago Back in September I wrote about an innovative proposal for what amounts to a cycle motorway in northern Italy – The Vento Project. My post on the VenTo initiative caught the eye of The Guardian and the result was this article: Hopes grow for VenTo, a proposed 422-mile cycle path in northern...
- Berlusconi's Last Ditch Attempt to Derail Senate Vote Fails 1 week ago On Monday, Silvio Berlusconi attempted to derail Wednesday’s vote on whether to strip him of his senate seat after his tax fraud conviction. The ploy does not appear to have borne fruit, and Berlusconi’s revelations revealed nothing new at all. What
- The Vatican - Big Changes Coming 1 week ago Big changes are coming at the Vatican – Italy’s state within a state.
- Berlusconi's Removal from Italy's Senate Nears 1 week ago On Wednesday, November 27,
- Beware of Toxic Italian Food from the Triangle of Death 2 weeks ago Alarmingly, an area of Italy close to Naples has been christened the Triangle of Death by locals. It is an area where the camorra mafia has been running a very lucrative, highly illegal and dangerous, toxic waste dumping business. Basically, the camorra mafia has been dumping – and probably...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Italy Chronicles
11:46 AM September 29, 2012
Not only news from Italy - but politics...economics.... analysis & background on why the country Alex Roe clearly loves has found itself in its current mess. Also links to original articles in Italian - and the occasional pic. News From Italy goes far beyond the good food/dolce vita view of most other blogs (much as I enjoy them) - while never neglecting these aspects of the Bel Paese. Essential reading for those of us on the outside looking in!
12:30 PM September 29, 2012
Splendidly knowledgable. Just needs more 'fiction'