Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Is the Fairytale Over for Norwegian? 1 day ago It’s one of the greatest success stories ever seen in the travel industry. From their humble beginnings operating three Fokker 50 turboprops around western Norway in 1993, Norwegian Air Shuttle today operate 98 aircraft to destinations as far afield as Los Angeles and Bangkok. But with political...
- The Norwegian Obsession with Skiing 3 days ago If there’s one thing that stokes the pride of Norwegians more than any other it’s skiing, and the cross-country variety in particular. Right now, the country is going crazy over their total dominance of the FIS World Championships in Sweden, but to me, it seems more about relief than pride. The...
- Working Culture in Norway 3 days ago This week, I have continued to search for jobs, attend Norwegian language classes, work with recruiters, and attend networking events and conferences here in Trondheim in an effort to make myself a better candidate for job opportunities. I have learned very quickly that Norway has one of the most...
- An Introduction to Norwegian Nosh 1 week ago I am British and have a passion for eating, drinking and exploring the cuisine of other cultures. So, when my Norwegian partner offered me the chance to visit her homeland, I was very excited to pack British tea bags (my travel essential) and discover Norway’s culinary delights. We...
- Funny Expressions and Idioms in Norwegian 2 weeks ago When I started learning Norwegian I tried to translate every world in order to get the meaning of a sentence. Most of the cases it did work, but others, it does not. Here is my list of some expressions that you will hear while in Norway and which directly translate in a funny way. — […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Norway Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Norway!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
14:46 PM December 04, 2012
A great read as both an expat living in Norway, and also since I left!!
22:01 PM December 04, 2012
A very good blog! The blogger's observations on Norwegian society and Norwegians are very good, interesting, and quite funny! For me as a native Norwegian it's very interesting to read a foreigner's perspective on my country.