Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Where Only Boats Can Go 12 hours ago When I tell my family and friends in Cyprus that I have been sunbathing or swimming in the sea in Norway I sense the puzzlement in their voices – ”Really? In Norway?” Having spent my teenage years on Cyprus with the warm, calm waters of the Mediterranean sea and average temperatures of 30...
- On Board Disney's Frozen Cruise of Norway 1 week ago Norwegian tourism is booming thanks to a combination of economics and emotion. The weakening Norwegian kroner means that it’s cheaper to visit Norway than it’s been for years. Today, £1 buys 12.7kr compared to the 8.5kr it bought when I moved here in 2011. But there’s a big emotive pull...
- The Norwegian Allotment 3 weeks ago It is a bright summer’s day in June and I am standing at the bus stop opposite my house heading into downtown Oslo when I see a hen walking down the street. The hen starts jumping, repeatedly crashing into a fence as it tries to get back into the peaceful garden it came from. ARead More
- Another UNESCO World Heritage Award for Norway 3 weeks ago The Rjukan/Notodden Industrial Heritage Site has been awarded UNESCO World Heritage status. The site includes hydroelectric power plants powered by the powerful natural waterfalls of the area, along with the transmission lines, factories, transport systems and towns. Altogether the site...
- Summer Living in Norway 2 months ago It sure was a treat to be in Trondheim this weekend. On both Saturday and Sunday I took a long walk around the city, which is always lovely and friendly when the sun shines. On Saturday evening we took a trip up the hill to Steinan for a grill party thrown by our friends Ruud andRead More
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Norway Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Norway!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
14:46 PM December 04, 2012
A great read as both an expat living in Norway, and also since I left!!
22:01 PM December 04, 2012
A very good blog! The blogger's observations on Norwegian society and Norwegians are very good, interesting, and quite funny! For me as a native Norwegian it's very interesting to read a foreigner's perspective on my country.