Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Buying a House: The Bidding Process 3 days ago For those following our journey to buying a house, I have some exciting news! But first, following on from the viewing process, I’d like to explain how the bidding process works. Note: this is not intended to be an exhaustive guide. Use our experience as a starting point for your own research....
- The Day of the Dugnad 1 week ago If I were challenged to describe Norwegian culture and society in a few words dugnad would definitely be one of the words thrown in to the mix. Dugnad is one of those concept type words. You know the ones that cannot be defined by a few sentences on paper because they embody so much moreRead More
- Religious Membership Scandal in Norway 1 week ago In a recent episode of Alt for Norge, the Norwegian American contestants were told that “around 75% of the Norwegian population belong to the Church of Norway”. Having lived in the country for almost five years I immediately called bullshit! As it turns out, those claimed membership figures are...
- Chris Does Norway on a Budget: Bergen 2 weeks ago This is the final part of a three-part series about how to see the best of Norway on a budget. Read part one: Oslo, part two: Flåm. — Obviously, the Norway in a Nutshell folk have another surprise up their sleeve – once you disembark the ferry at Gudvangen if you don’t want to hangRead More
- Buying a House: The Viewing Process 3 weeks ago A few weeks ago I wrote that after almost five years in Norway, we are looking at buying a house. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of emailing listings back and forth, zooming in on photographs, researching areas, examining survey reports and of course, checking out houses in person....
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Norway Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Norway!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
14:46 PM December 04, 2012
A great read as both an expat living in Norway, and also since I left!!
22:01 PM December 04, 2012
A very good blog! The blogger's observations on Norwegian society and Norwegians are very good, interesting, and quite funny! For me as a native Norwegian it's very interesting to read a foreigner's perspective on my country.