Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Weekend in Kirkenes 2 days ago Kirkenes has been on my Norwegian bucket list pretty much since I moved here over three years ago. Not for anything in particular I wanted to see, more to say I’ve been there. When the opportunity came up to visit a local mine for one of my publishing clients, I jumped at the chance. I […]
- Christmas Markets in Norway 1 week ago For the last few weeks, my Facebook feed has been dominated by the latest Christmas TV adverts from John Lewis, Sainsburys and the like. As the Christmas season seems to start a month earlier in the UK than Norway, it serves as a useful heads-up for me to start thinking about my plans. As usual...
- Recipe: Salmon Fish Cakes 1 week ago Salmon Fish Cakes with Apple and Carrot Salad Laks Fiskekaker med eple og gulrot salat I can honestly say that fish cakes were the first traditional Norwegian dish I ever learned to make. However, my first batch of fish cakes were made with cod not the salmon you’ll find in the recipe. Although...
- The Norwegian Birthday Song 2 weeks ago Yesterday was a big day in the Life in Norway household. I turned the grand old age of 33! As two of my friends guessed my age at 31 and 35, I guess I look my age. Or more likely, I look 35 and one friend was being nice. Anyway! Celebrating birthdays in Norway is […]
- Adopting new habits in Norway 2 weeks ago Moving to a new country which has a very different culture than yours translates into having to quickly face and adopt new trends and new habits. I have now made a list of the new trends that as a Latin American I have found in a Scandinavian culture, as well as some of my reactions […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Norway Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Norway!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
14:46 PM December 04, 2012
A great read as both an expat living in Norway, and also since I left!!
22:01 PM December 04, 2012
A very good blog! The blogger's observations on Norwegian society and Norwegians are very good, interesting, and quite funny! For me as a native Norwegian it's very interesting to read a foreigner's perspective on my country.