Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Why Sortland Turned Itself Blue 23 hours ago On the final days of my recent trip to Lofoten, I turned north to explore the lesser-known Vesterålen. As the largest town in the region and for its central location, Sortland was my choice of stop for the night. Much like many towns on Lofoten and Vesterålen, Sortland is an ordinary...
- Sortland Hotell, Vesterålen 1 day ago It might not seem it at first glance, but there are many choices of accommodation in and around Vesterålen. Although there are just two hotels in Sortland, numerous campsites, cabins and guest houses across the archipelago offer a choice to visitors. After days of driving Lofoten, I wanted to...
- NW168: Helicopter Crash, Strike Looms & Carlsen Wins 3 days ago Norway Weekly 168: Norway’s top stories from the last seven days Hey everyone, well I’m back from the truly spectacular Lofoten Islands. If you’ve never been, I advise you to stop what you’re doing right now and go book a flight! Speaking of flights, my flight back home was a...
- Introducing Svolvær, the Capital of Lofoten 3 days ago After five years of living in Norway, I finally ticked Lofoten off my bucket list. Despite travelling in April, I was rewarded with spectacular weather for the entire week. Surely only a British guy can get sunburnt in the Norwegian Arctic in April… My first stop on the trip was Svolvær, the...
- Vestfjord Hotell, Svolvær 1 week ago When planning my recent trip to Lofoten I wasn’t exactly sure where I would be spending my days, how long I would want to be in each area, what to see, and so on. So I decided to stay for two nights in the regional capital, Svolvær. As the biggest town on the Lofoten archipelago, Svolvær […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Norway Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Norway!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
14:46 PM December 04, 2012
A great read as both an expat living in Norway, and also since I left!!
22:01 PM December 04, 2012
A very good blog! The blogger's observations on Norwegian society and Norwegians are very good, interesting, and quite funny! For me as a native Norwegian it's very interesting to read a foreigner's perspective on my country.