Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Trondheim's Night of the Northern Lights 1 day ago This week the skies above Trondheim exploded with colour as the northern lights season kicked off in spectacular fashion. Catching the northern lights in Trondheim isn’t something that happens every day. It’s a rare event even this far north and I normally manage to catch the lights just once...
- Norway Cuts Taxes In Response To Oil Slowdown 2 days ago In an attempt to encourage employment, growth and a structural adjustment in the economy, Norway’s centre-right coalition government has announced big tax cuts in the 2016 budget proposal. “The 2016 fiscal budget will help dampen the macroeconomic effects of the decrease in activity in the...
- The House Hunt Starts Here 5 days ago After more than four years living in Norway the time has finally come. We are buying a house! Well, starting the process at least. Last week we took a trip to the bank to enquire about a mortgage. Given that we are two foreign citizens, Gerry is here on a work permit and not yetRead More
- Reflections on One Year in Norway 1 week ago I’m not one for anniversaries. Not because I don’t think they are special (any excuse for a celebration is a good one), but because I am just too lazy to try and remember them all, too many dates. I just about remember people´s birthdays and these days I have Facebook to thank for that....
- Cycling in Norway with Andrew P Sykes 2 weeks ago Earlier this year, British long-distance cyclist and writer Andrew P. Sykes attempted to cycle from the south of Europe all the way to Nordkapp at the very northern tip of the Norwegian mainland. Rather him than me! Having said that I am rather envious, as such a trip must take you through places...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Norway Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Norway!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Life in Norway - An expats blog for Norway lovers
14:46 PM December 04, 2012
A great read as both an expat living in Norway, and also since I left!!
22:01 PM December 04, 2012
A very good blog! The blogger's observations on Norwegian society and Norwegians are very good, interesting, and quite funny! For me as a native Norwegian it's very interesting to read a foreigner's perspective on my country.