France This Way
Latest Blog Posts »
- To QROPS or not to QROPS...is that a question? 3 months ago If you are an expat in France (or elsewhere) there is a good chance that you have heard of QROPS (pronounced Kew-rops). The letters stand for Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme and it is a way for ex-UK residents (or soon to be ex-UK residents)
- Learning to drive in France 3 months ago Since we are going through it ourselves (as parents, who are quite involved in the process!)
- On the spot fines for foreign speeding motorists in France 5 months ago One of the harder aspects of running francethisway involves putting on a pair of sunglasses, turning up the air-conditioning in the car, and whistling along the motorways to visit sun-baked resorts and villages, preferably with loud music on the stereo. I call it work although to an outsider it...
- Gite holidays in the rain.... 8 months ago If truth be told running gites is about the easiest job you can have, once they are up and running. OK there is the occasional bit of urgent maintenance when a fridge breaks down, a child drops an ice-cream on the settee or a snake falls in the swimming pool but generally these incidents are [...]
- Cycling holidays in France: advice for the ladies! 9 months ago As soon as spring arrives here in south-west France we start to see the happy sight of young couples taking cycling holidays together, a perfect way to explore the countryside, chat peacefully and to commune with nature – or so you might think. The reality is almost always slightly...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on France This Way
09:39 AM September 12, 2012
Lovely blog, have been a regular visitor for a few months now as I'm looking to become a French expat myself later next year.