From Africa, With Love
Latest Blog Posts »
- What I've Learned About Trust From Math Worksheets 58 minutes ago “I am ready to accept whatever He gives and give whatever He takes with a big smile.”* —Said by Not Me… Hypothetical Question that I’m sure is not based in anybody’s actual reality for ya: How does a person go from being totally worried that they won’t be able to make it through what...
- Is This One Thing The Heart Of What's Hard About Being Human? 1 day ago Last week I mentioned my own journey with grief, four years down the road. And while pondering my own journey and what I’ve learned in the process, I’ve also been thinking about my precious Mother-in-Love, back in our beloved South Africa, grieving the loss of my second “Dad,” her wonderful...
- Two Things I'm Sure Of Four Years After Losing My Dad 2 weeks ago It’s a Monday afternoon, four years to the day after I watched my Dad take his last breaths on earth. There’s a baby he never met watching Little Einsteins from the vantage point of her comfy high chair in the next room. Her older sister dances on either side of her — the four month […]
- How To Find Your Way Back When You've Been Gone For So Long 3 weeks ago It’s been swirling, echoing in my head for a few days now. Well, life feels so busy and the pace so frenetic, it might be a few weeks… a month? Okay, I’ve lost count, but here it is: We have as much of God as we actually want. If it was my own thought, out […]
- What the Wonder Pets Can Teach Us After This Presidential Inauguration 2 months ago While millions of Americans woke up this morning to look out the window and see if the sky was falling yet, check their Facebook news feed, and choose words of complaint or fear to update their statuses, I think a trio of Nick Jr. characters might have a plausible solution for the problem we’re...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on From Africa, With Love
20:56 PM October 15, 2012
Hello, A friend and I are traveling to South Africa in the spring. Cape Town and then Kruger National Park. Any suggestions for a couple of fellow Americans who are interested in good (but modestly priced) food, local art and nature? We are both excited about the trip. Thanks! A Sinclair