From Africa, With Love
Latest Blog Posts »
- Three Things to Remember if You're Searching for the Perfect Christmas This Year 3 weeks ago There’s this image deep in the recesses of my mind, that’s as much a feeling as it is a picture like you’d see on a post card. It changes a little every year, but underneath the trappings and trimmings somewhere, I see children that belong to me with clean faces and Christmas jammies....
- One Great Way to Unwrap Presence This Christmas 2 months ago Each year, with more little eyes and more little ears and more little feet padding their way around our nest, I’ve been hungry to find traditions that would celebrate this most wonderful time of the year with reverence and sincerity. The commercialism seems to get bolder. The advertising seems...
- In Stormy Political Seas, These are Words To Remember about Faithfulness 3 months ago As far as colors go, gray might just be one of my favorites. I’m sitting on a gray couch beside gray arm chairs resting their feet on a gray area rug. I painted the clock on the wall gray. And, how’s this for timing, I’m wearing a gray t-shirt this very moment. But when it comes […]
- What to Do When Dreams Look Like Hard Work 4 months ago I stared across the table at her for just a moment or two this morning. She scarcely has more hair today than she did a year ago when she was born. She’s one year old and I’m thinking about where it all began, and how it all began on the outside. A little smirk crosses […]
- How To Develop a Supernatural Six Pack 4 months ago It was after 11:30 – probably closer to midnight when they came out of my mouth, and it felt like they were never in my mind first. I was scrubbing the carpet in earnest, in the boys’ bedroom, and suddenly, I heard them as I said them. Maybe I should back up and tell you how I […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on From Africa, With Love
20:56 PM October 15, 2012
Hello, A friend and I are traveling to South Africa in the spring. Cape Town and then Kruger National Park. Any suggestions for a couple of fellow Americans who are interested in good (but modestly priced) food, local art and nature? We are both excited about the trip. Thanks! A Sinclair