Random thoughts of an Aussie expat
Latest Blog Posts »
- #Nomaggedon 2015 in the ATL 6 months ago Spare a thought for us here in the greater Atlanta area. We have been suffering this past week. SUFFERING! There have been severe winter storms threatening us, for at least 5 days. Sorry North Easterners and your 58.5 inches (1.48 metres) of … Continue reading →
- He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich...... 6 months ago Recently someone asked me what were some of the silliest things people had ever asked me about Australia. I didn’t have to dig too deep for the most recent. A couple of weeks ago a lovely American (bolded because it is … Continue reading →
- Giving Thanks 9 months ago Change is hard for most people, some more than others. As an expat for the last 11 years I have been through my fair share of countries and changes. Recently my belly button contemplations have centred around when the change becomes the … Continue reading →
- Expat ouch AKA the toughest snip 13 months ago What makes you wince, sends a shiver down your spine and wriggle around a little uncomfortably? Is it fingernails down a blackboard, you know when we had blackboards in classrooms and not just chalkboard paint on my kitchen wall? Is … Continue reading →
- Sunday Funday 1 year ago Today is Father’s Day in America, and a great part of the world it turns out when you look at Facebook feeds (see – still a relevant social media tool). Not so in Australia, when Father’s Day is the first … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: USA Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in USA!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 13 reviews on Random thoughts of an Aussie expat
21:21 PM October 03, 2012
Poignant and sincere. Love the worldly insights!
21:48 PM October 03, 2012
Nikki, who I met in Hong Kong, has an amazing ability to see the little things that make a situation what it really is, then home in on them to write a blog with humility and humour (yes the American spell check tried to remove the 'u'), that people can relate to. She has a unique perspective on the World bourne of her unique situation and as a result her Blog is a terrific insight into the life of an ever moving expat. Nikki, you're an inspiration!
22:02 PM October 03, 2012
I love this blog. Being an expat myself, I know it's not the big stories that are often worth telling, not the monumental events, but the little things, the daily situations when you're in a new country that often suck but are so much funnier when written about in the right way. This blog absolutely has these stories the right way!
22:04 PM October 03, 2012
It is easy to get caught up in my own paradigm and lose sight of the humor / oddities in the city, state and country I so love…..You provide an insightful, witty and fresh look at it all and I am so grateful for it!
02:45 AM October 04, 2012
Love Nikki's articulate prose. I think her US anecdotes served me better for our current trip than any of the travel guides I pored over.
03:48 AM October 04, 2012
Great blog Nikki. I laugh and cry at your random thoughts. You're such a great chick!! Inspirational.
04:53 AM October 04, 2012
Nikki was a work colleague from ooooooh 1O+ yrs ago. She was an inspiration then for her knowledge, leadership and skills. She is an inspiration now for her writing. I loved her face book updates first for their ability to transport me to daily family and social life of an expat princess in hong kong, then stay at home mum in sth africa, and now america. She has taken me up and back from mt kili, and I am going along to the NY marathon too. I am tuned in fOr the next adventure after that. No pressure noo. X
07:15 AM October 04, 2012
Love your work, Nikki! I'm always excited to see a new entry pop up in your blog. A wonderful mix of humour and emotion. Well done!
07:31 AM October 04, 2012
I feel like I have know Nikki all of my life. I have laughed and cried reading her blog. I love her style, her humour and her energy. I always look forward to the next installment! Go Nikki!!!
14:08 PM October 04, 2012
Being an Aussie expat myself and now find myself living in this crazy bubble of East Cobb...Nikki's words are the humour and wit needed to get through a day of "did that really happen?" or "did they just say that". Love reading Nikki's view as it is what I see, feel and experience every day! Thank you for putting it into words.
02:02 AM October 05, 2012
I look forward to each thought provoking, humourous, heartfelt and wonderful episode. Each blog is a little ray of sunshine in my - at times - rather dull suburban life. Keep it up Nik and i look forward to your next adventure. I too have a WASYO!
19:39 PM October 10, 2012
I love Nikki's blog! She can write! She's actually the only one of my friends on FB who I like to overshare, as her posts are such spot-on snapshots of life. Nikki's blogs were really insightful for us as first time expats. Also I really admire her for not shying away from heavier content. Please never stop writing Nikki!
11:57 AM November 05, 2012
Nikki has a beautiful writing style and her blog posts are poignant and moving.