I Eat My Pigeon
Latest Blog Posts »
- Eau du Thief 4 months ago Don’t quote me on this because I have no idea what the hell I’m talking about, but there was this study somewhere, at some time, done by some psychologists. Basically, these psychologists set up two rooms – Candy Shop A, and Candy Shop B. Both Candy Shop A and Candy Shop B were virtually...
- Eat Me 7 months ago After six years of teaching English to Italians – themselves, byproducts of their culture; themselves, an intriguing blend of impatience and laziness – I have come to the succinct understanding that only 2% of their grammar questions are serious. What’s the different to the past simple and...
- The Day the Earth Stood Still 11 months ago In the days since the election, reading my Facebook feed has become a lurid exercise, like picking the edges of a scab. Admittedly, reading Facebook posts and op-ed pieces might not be the best way to come to terms with what happened, but I simply can’t help myself; I’m an American expat who...
- Why I Did Not Celebrate Halloween (and Will Not Celebrate Thanksgiving) 4 years ago The zucche are back in season – round squash with bright melon-like flesh and ivory-colored bulletproof rinds. I see heaps of them in a plastic milk crate at the market and think about it for a heartbeat, but then remember the toughness of that rind, my desperate awkwardness with knives and,...
- The Sound of Silence 5 years ago Eva, they say, you’re quiet tonight. They get nervous when I’m quiet – these friends of mine – and they’re not wrong to be. I like to talk, and I can do it in twoalmostfour languages. It’s rare that I stop – What’s that? What’s that word mean? Conjugate this verb in dialect for...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on I Eat My Pigeon
17:31 PM October 03, 2012
Pigeon-eater Liv never fails to entertain. Whether it's tales of Old Man Antonio and his craziness, or pointing out those uniquely Italian moments that make me nod my head in recognition, her blog posts are always top value and beautifully-written.
17:58 PM October 03, 2012
Love the blog yo'. EMCx
13:31 PM October 10, 2012
Big fan. Top notch writing. Really a hammer of the written word.
13:45 PM October 10, 2012
Really love seeing the world through your words and photos. Always entertaining. Congrats.
15:28 PM October 10, 2012
A new post by Liv is always a special treat. She makes the world around her come alive, invoking the most vivid of images and characters. She is also skilled at making the reader feel what she is feeling and think what she is thinking -- she gets into our heads by making us get into hers. In sum, this is the best expat blog on the web!
16:03 PM October 10, 2012
great visual experience to read your incredibly interesting articles. Makes the reader really travel to the place in question and entertain himself with the stories described. Great writing qualities that make the reader wanting to travel more! Love it!!!
00:20 AM October 12, 2012
Liv's writing comes from the heart - and her keen, quirky, vibrant insights make foreign lands seem not so foreign, and her own expat tales a howl to read. A true gem of the Internet!!!