Latest Blog Posts »
- Emergency Services: which service do you require? 3 months ago You need fire and ambulance service? Choose one. In July 2012, a 2-seater light aircraft landed in a ditch, short of the runway at Newcastle Airfield, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. Fuel spilled into the ditch, but fortunately did not ignite. Although the plane was destroyed, the occupants were uninjured....
- Holy Well 3 months ago The feast day of St Nahi is on the 9th of August, and in times past the people of Blackrock, Co. Dublin would make a pilgrimage or “pattern” every August to a holy well associated with St Nahi at the base of the low sea cliffs at Seapoint, near Blackrock. The water of this well […]
- Flying around Co. Meath 5 months ago We went flying today, and Yuko brought her camera. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t very good (for flying or for photography) but Yuko got some good photos nonetheless. Here we are on the take-off roll, just on the point of leaving the ground. Cows don’t pay any attention to aeroplanes....
- リンゴ酒—Cider 7 months ago A few years ago, I started making home-made cider. It’s not hard to make cider. If you take some fresh apple juice and wait, it will turn into cider all by itself. You don’t have to add anything at all – just let nature take its course. This approach, appealing in its simplicity […]
- Author Focus is on PJ Connolly 6 months ago Originally posted on Trace Literary Agency:PJ Connolly is on the point of publishing his debut novel, The Priest’s Wife, in his mid-seventies! So why did he wait so long? In his early life PJ spent eight years training to be a Catholic priest but pulled out in the final stages when he realized...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » awordfromjapan has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!