Moon over Martinborough
Latest Blog Posts »
- Interview about expat life in New Zealand 5 years ago A while back, ‘Moon Travel Guides’ approached me and asked if they could interview me for the new edition of their book, ‘Living Abroad in New Zealand’. Well, with a name like ‘Moon Travel Guides,’ how could I say no? Read the interview here. Olives and Moonlight: A profile of Jared...
- Windy day on Radio New Zealand 6 years ago It was howling a gale outside when Amelia from Radio New Zealand showed up at my door. We immediately headed out for a walk through the paddocks. She had a black box hanging from her side, and she was holding two very large, imposing microphones. When the gusts picked up she would jump from one...
- Carrot cake everyone wants 7 years ago This is just one of the recipes that appears in the bestselling book, ‘Moon Over Martinborough,’ from Random House New Zealand. “Why won’t you share it?” I asked CJ. We were standing in the kitchen, looking at a carrot cake recipe written on the back of a long, white envelope. “Because...
- Getting intimate with a cast sheep 7 years ago When a sheep is sick in the paddock, Hamish the stock agent asks me to help out. "Prop her up and she'll be right," he says.
- Moon's in a video 8 years ago I was sitting in an internet cafe at Bondi beach in Sydney. Just outside the waves curled blue into the sand. Surfers had left their boards leaning on the railings of sunny outdoor cafes to have breakfast. But I was in a dimly lit room full of computers, trying to find out if I had […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 21 reviews on Moon over Martinborough
07:37 AM October 24, 2012
I've loved reading this blog from the very first time I stumbled upon it - the posts have made me laugh and made me cry. And I've also learnt to make the meanest carrot cake, ever. 5 stars only?! I reckon Moon over Martinborough and Jared should get 10 stars!
07:51 AM October 24, 2012
I'm a confirmed fan. I love the happenings at MoM.
07:56 AM October 24, 2012
Wonderful blog! I really enjoy the way in which is written!
08:10 AM October 24, 2012
Even though we are "almost" neighbours I love reading Moon Over Martinborough's blog - he has a wonderful way with words, and the love for his feathered and sometimes woolly friends comes shining through. The photos are always stunning.
08:38 AM October 24, 2012
Inspiring, charming and uplifting. Yes, I vote for them!
09:26 AM October 24, 2012
I love reading Moon over Martinborough blogs as they are such interesting stories covering a multitude of subjects with love and humour obviously written by a kind and caring person. I am waiting for all his writings are published in a book or even two! 10 stars at least.
09:27 AM October 24, 2012
Jared is a wonderful story-teller and writer - who clearly has a unique view of living a rural life. He charmingly expresses special moments with innocence, guts and obvious genuine affection. Those boys are living the dream, and thankfully sharing all the drama!
09:28 AM October 24, 2012
I have been hooked on Moon Over Martinborough since I first stumbled upon it last year. Out of the dozens of blogs I follow, I am always very excited when a new post appears there! Jared's writing voice is very unique, and never fails to make me feel like I'm right there living their adventures on the farm. I can't wait for the book!
13:23 PM October 24, 2012
I have followed Moon Over Martinborough for several years now. I always look forward to hearing about Jared's latest exploits, it's kind of like Tales of the City but set in rural NZ! They are living the life so many of us city slickers would love to be brave enough to embrace.
14:04 PM October 24, 2012
Jared has the amazing skill of drawing the reader into his rural life adventures. His words bring laughter and sometimes tears as we travel along with him. When the moon is full, I know it is time to check MoM.
14:06 PM October 24, 2012
This is absolutely, by far, my favorite blog! The stories are laugh out loud funny and Jared can make anything from escaped animals, hungry chickens, baby lambs, or harvesting olives sound like the greatest of fun. I love the writing and their olive oil is the best too! Two thumbs up for Moon Over Martinborough!! I love it!
14:16 PM October 24, 2012
Jared's writings have been fascinating reading for me each and every time. Jared's has a great talent for sensing the heart and soul of each situation, each human, and each animal that becomes a part of each marvelous story. After sensing the heart and soul, he then has the ability to transform the essence of the moment into words that connect with the heart and soul of the reader. Moon over Martinborough is very worthy of the Expats in NZ Blog Award.
17:30 PM October 24, 2012
I love this blog. Reading the posts let's me imagine that I am there in New Zealand (where I've only visited, but hope to return someday) The writing is warm and real.
20:08 PM October 24, 2012
I love this blog. It's engaging, entertaining with just the right dollop of humour. Jared has a special talent for the written word :-)
20:52 PM October 24, 2012
This blog is amazing. I feel as though I have experienced many NZ adventures without ever having left my USA living room!
23:09 PM October 24, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog and eagerly await each months installment. LOL!
08:54 AM October 25, 2012
Love reading the latest adventure. Jared's writing always makes me laugh, and occasionally makes me cry.
10:52 AM October 25, 2012
Love this blog, it's real and it's fun.
10:39 AM October 26, 2012
Jared is an engaging, entertaining, first class storyteller. He captures stories with the kind of mindfulness that slows the world down long enough for emotion to burst through and delight us with laughter and tears. Long may he and the moon shine.
06:40 AM December 08, 2012
I love the stories from the heart and the realism. This blog is all about living 'the good life' - when you haven't a clue! It's what people dream of doing - but few have the guts - or the craziness - to see it through! These guys rock and Jerad - the writing is AMAZING! A real winner x
09:12 AM December 08, 2012
Jared is an amazing writer, engaging blogger, and a wonderful person. His writing has an easy style that just seems as if you reading with an old friend. What he makes seem effortless is, I know, a rare talent. An absolute favourite.