Latest Blog Posts »
- If you leave me now... 1 week ago As the timer’s counted down, I’ve spent a lot of time whizzing about the city in cabs, most of which are tuned in to Singapore’s bluesy, drowsy retro radio stations. WHY there is this national interest in cheesy schmooze I … Continue reading →
- Nine days around South Island: lakes, peaks, prairies and pies 1 month ago A month after our return, time to head back to this very special place for a review. None of the pictures do it credit, none of the words either. This is a proper travel-bore post so no offence taken if … Continue reading →
- That's not MY memory 1 month ago “What have been your favourite countries?” I asked Mr PC on his second Last Night In Singapore. “Mine are Japan, China and New Zealand. Japan for culture: ninjas, sushi, kimonos, geishas, waving cats and temples. China for history: the Great Wall, the Terracotta Warriors, Shanghai …...
- Special delivery 3 months ago Today, one third of the PC household returns to the UK to pick up his new role, galloping into Heathrow just in time for St George’s Day and his Dad’s 79th birthday in Marlow. First he’ll have lunch and birthday cake with the … Continue reading →
- There will now be a short intermission 3 months ago Writer’s block. First time in five years. The bin is full of scrumpled up introductions. That country cannot be put into words, it is just not possible, and since I have been unable to write real or imagined postcards I’ll stick up … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Welcome to Singapore: don't look down Expat Blog Awards 2013 Not long after we moved to Singapore a friend came to visit. Together we worked out a list of places she wanted to see and then we caught a bus to town, ready to hop onto the tourist trail.‘There’s just one thing,’ she warned me as we trundled...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Partly Cloudy
16:24 PM May 22, 2013
Genuine, funny, thoughtful. This is the best ex-pat blog, even better than my own.
16:34 PM May 22, 2013
Brilliantly written and so evocative. Love how this blog highlights the highs and lows of being away from home with great humour but also such tenderness. Beutiful.