Latest Blog Posts »
- Special delivery 6 days ago Today, one third of the PC household returns to the UK to pick up his new role, galloping into Heathrow just in time for St George’s Day and his Dad’s 79th birthday in Marlow. First he’ll have lunch and birthday cake with the … Continue reading →
- There will now be a short intermission 1 week ago Writer’s block. First time in five years. The bin is full of scrumpled up introductions. That country cannot be put into words, it is just not possible, and since I have been unable to write real or imagined postcards I’ll stick up … Continue reading →
- New Zealand for starters 2 weeks ago The decision not to christen their children was on balance one of my parents’ better ones, I’ve always thought. I’m grateful that they left it up to my sister and me to decide, even though since a very young age I’ve often found … Continue reading →
- Space balls 1 month ago Houston, we have a hoarding problem. All removal companies have told us off for having way too much rubbish. I’m getting loads ready to trash, donate or sell but it’s like dismantling Marina Bay Sands with a fork and spoon, … Continue reading →
- Fat lady to the green room 1 month ago In my second year on this island, while studying on a museum guiding course, a fellow student took umbrage at something I had written on an online profile – ‘Head in Singapore, heart in London’. A short and simple sentence but it really … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Welcome to Singapore: don't look down Expat Blog Awards 2013 Not long after we moved to Singapore a friend came to visit. Together we worked out a list of places she wanted to see and then we caught a bus to town, ready to hop onto the tourist trail.‘There’s just one thing,’ she warned me as we trundled...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Partly Cloudy
16:24 PM May 22, 2013
Genuine, funny, thoughtful. This is the best ex-pat blog, even better than my own.
16:34 PM May 22, 2013
Brilliantly written and so evocative. Love how this blog highlights the highs and lows of being away from home with great humour but also such tenderness. Beutiful.