Latest Blog Posts »
- Ellen versus Matt Lauer: the Prank War (Sequentially) 3 weeks ago I was asked yesterday why I am so happy all the time, and I responded that it was because of yoga and practicing mindfulness. Then, I realized that’s not entirely true: I also watch Ellen. So, when I heard that my friend Darrell has not seen the Ellen Degeneris / Matt Lauer prank war, I […]
- Lifting the Corners of your Mouth 2 months ago When too many days go by without a trip to Swan River Yoga, it feels like ‘something is not right.’ A few months ago, during class, a yoga instructor said to “turn the corners of the mouth up.” At the time, it was difficult for me to recognize which direction was up, so I made […]
- Job Search is Over! 1 month ago Finally, I can announce to everyone: I will be starting a tenure-track faculty position in the CS department at Montana State University this Fall. Really, it is a relief to have this decision over with. The MSU Job Interview: I arrived the night before my interview, and had to prepare my...
- The Bus Stop 5 months ago Today I had a rather interesting experience waiting for the bus. (I usually bike from my car to my office, but I brought in my electric tea kettle today, so I decided to take the bus). A woman waiting for the bus comments that it is always late (I think — not my experience, it’s […]
- First Official Rejection Letter 5 months ago Mid-December, I finished applying to faculty positions (well, for the most part … there might be one or two more applications I submit). The academic job market “calendar” is as follows: Deadlines for submitting applications: September through February. Some schools have a “soft”...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Brittany's Blog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!