OppositeOcean - American expat in Ghent
Latest Blog Posts »
- For the love of hygiene. 1 month ago On Wednesday it happened. The last straw was placed on the delicate little camel’s back and my toes crept right up to the very end of the ledge of sanity. I was washing my hands in one of the women’s restrooms in my faculty building and as I rinsed away the soap bubbles a girl [...]
- Words, Woords, Woorden 3 months ago In this video David Crystal, a linguist with great authority on the English language, discusses his favorite words in the English language. Lately I’ve been thinking about my favorite words. I don’t necessarily think I have chosen any favorite words consciously, but I think I...
- Testosterone Terrier 3 months ago I regularly take the tram to and from the city center of Ghent and I’ve found that there is a pattern involving the occurrence of unusual events and my presence on the tram. The other day I was just on my way home after a long day of classes at Ghent University and I was [...]
- How I traveled across the Atlantic with my kitchen mixer. 3 months ago I never thought one of my ambitions would be to carry a 37 lb (16.7 kg) kitchen mixer through the Atlanta airport. Now that I’ve done it, I must say I guess I feel a bit more accomplished. After all, it’s probably not an endeavor that anyone would want to undertake. If given another...
- Now on Pinterest 4 months ago I’ve been working on building a Pinterest board for OppositeOcean for a while. At first I was using my personal Pinterest account and had created just one board for OppositeOcean but I experienced a lot of limitations with this. Therefore, I’ve created a separate Pinterest account just...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » OppositeOcean - American expat in Ghent has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!