Piglet in Portugal
Latest Blog Posts »
- Why does my Aloe Arborescens have black leaves? 2 weeks ago Is there a cure? About a year ago I noticed my Aloe Arborescens were covered in dappled black marks, and after a few months the leaves turned black, shriveled and died. There is an old adage: Don’t put off till … Continue reading →
- Narrow: Locks, Dams And The Douro River, Portugal 2 weeks ago The theme for this week’s photo challenge is narrow. When I was reviewing my photographs for this challenge I was reminded of a weeks cruise with Croisi Europe along the Douro river in Portugal. The river cruise was a seven-day … Continue reading →
- All Aboard The Aperitivo Train! 2 months ago On my last visit to France I discovered an unusual way to serve my favourite dips hummus, Tzatziki and guacamole. The idea was SO simple yet effective I’m surprised I did not think of it myself! As you can see … Continue reading →
- Gazanias - Unusual Daisies With Exquisite Detail 1 month ago I love the way the droplets of water linger on the petals and leaves like tiny bubbles. These are small details we often fail to notice yet when captured in a photograph remind us of the simplicity of nature. Other … Continue reading →
- Monster Tomatoes! 1 month ago I don’t know the name or variety of these tomatoes but they sure are HUGE!!! (I’ve since been informed they are ‘Rosa’ tomatoes). This year I bought several baby tomato plants from Silves monthly market which is held on the … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Moving to Portugal - 5 Things to Consider Writing Contest October 2012 This article is not about moving to Portugal viewed through rose-tinted spectacles because although the sun shines, the beaches are stunning, the wine and beer are cheap Portugal has warts as well. The information below is based on personal...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Piglet in Portugal
16:02 PM October 15, 2012
I love Piglet´s posts, they always make me smile. She has a good writing style and a great way to portray life in Portugal.
21:10 PM November 18, 2012
great blog which covers a whole variety of topics from Portugal to gardening to recipes and to life. Beautifully written and described - I especially love the gardening posts.
21:03 PM December 05, 2012
Wonderful to see you here! You already know I love your blog - it feels like sitting down talking to you. A distinctive voice and a great sense of humor make it a perfect accompaniment to my morning coffee! You invariably set me up for the day :-)