Flavors of Bogota
Latest Blog Posts »
- Ask a Colombian Coffee Expert 2 weeks ago When people find out I’m a coffee educator – I teach coffee at a university in Bogota, I wrote a book about specialty coffee in Colombia, and every week I teach visitors about why coffee in Colombia is so important to the country – they invariably ask me a question about coffee. It seems like...
- Oyster Tasting in Bogota: Exxus Oyster Bar 3 months ago I spend most of my time conducting coffee tastings, researching coffees, or thinking about tasting coffee. I relate everything I smell or eat back to coffee in some way. When I smell or taste something new, memory connects to my past experiences and creates a deeper understanding of what I’m...
- Coffee Education: Should you Feel Intimidated? 3 months ago Do you need a coffee education to get some satisfaction out of your morning brew? We explore the pros and cons of coffee knowledge. The post Coffee Education: Should you Feel Intimidated? appeared first on Flavors of Bogota.
- The Largest Coffee Fair in Latin America 7 months ago Today was an exciting day for coffee lovers in Colombia. The largest coffee fair in Latin America, Cafes de Colombia Expo, got off to a caffeinated start. The post The Largest Coffee Fair in Latin America appeared first on Flavors of Bogota.
- Taking the Restaurant on the Road - El Cielo Restaurant 6 months ago What’s involved in taking a luxury tasting menu on the road? Good planning. And lots of it. After more than a year of planning, the El Cielo team is ready to take this nearly 5,000 km trip. With 1800 plates. And 500 luxury Italian wine glasses. With a 13 member cooking team. And of course, all...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Foodie Places in Bogota That Expats Should Visit Expat Blog Awards 2013 An expat in Bogota that wants to get a closer look at Colombian culture can find an excellent way to do it through exploring food and drink and the activities surrounding them. Here are ten places to get into the Colombian frame of mind – for...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Colombia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Colombia!Copy and paste code to display the Colombia Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Flavors of Bogota
00:15 AM October 15, 2013
The excellent pictures on this blog draw me into the posts, and the interesting writing keeps me reading until the end. I visited Bogota once,and enjoyed the food, so I love to keep up with the latest news in the food scene there.
02:42 AM October 22, 2013
I recently moved to Bogota and I love the city. I enjoy food very much; I worked as a chef years ago and food is one of my passions. I like the way this blog focuses in a passionate way on restaurants and food. I have followed some of the suggestions in it and they're wonderful.