Latest Blog Posts »
- Blackberry Jam 3 months ago It was a verb that stopped me in my tracks last Friday: was. ‘The best Irish poet since Yeats, Heaney was 74.’ And then the sinking realisitation of exactly what that past tense was meant — the death of Seamus Heaney, Ireland’s most beloved poet. One week on, the nation is...
- 5 Irish Summer Cookbooks 5 months ago For the first time since I moved to Ireland 14 years ago, I’ve been avoiding turning on my oven for the past month. I’ve also kept the shades drawn to keep rooms cool, thrown open every window and the kitchen door all day long and dragged the fan down from the attic. In a country [...]
- Elderflower Fritters 5 months ago With the hot, sunny weather we’ve been having these past two weeks, the musky scent of elderflower hangs heavy in the still air, perfuming the countryside and drifting in the open windows at night as we fall off to sleep. The elderflower was late to bloom this year, but the trees have made up...
- Shandy 6 months ago Oh, Ireland. On a warm, sunny day, all is forgiven. The coldest spring on record that we just had? Let’s not speak of it. The past few washout summers? A distant memory. That day last year in July that I looked out my window at yet another cold, rainy day and actually cried? I’m not [...]
- Postcards from Ireland #12 6 months ago The Great Beech of Balrath Woods, County Meath. You can see more of my photos on Instagram as edibleireland.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Edible Ireland has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!