Latest Blog Posts »
- It All Started with the Dark Arts 1 month ago It all started with the Dark Arts. I was at the first Inishfood festival in 2011, freezing in a marquee on a cold March night in Donegal, when I was given a cup of Dark Arts as part of a beer-tasting event. Having never been much of a fan of Guinness, my first thought was [...]
- Irish Cookbooks 2013 5 months ago When you look at the Irish cookbooks that have been published this year, three words come to mind: from the heart. From the sweeping celebration of Irish food and artisan food producers in Chapter One: An Irish Food Story to the celebration of family and home in Apron Strings, many of the authors...
- Blackberry Jam 7 months ago It was a verb that stopped me in my tracks last Friday: was. ‘The best Irish poet since Yeats, Heaney was 74.’ And then the sinking realisitation of exactly what that past tense was meant — the death of Seamus Heaney, Ireland’s most beloved poet. One week on, the nation is still reeling...
- 5 Irish Summer Cookbooks 8 months ago For the first time since I moved to Ireland 14 years ago, I’ve been avoiding turning on my oven for the past month. I’ve also kept the shades drawn to keep rooms cool, thrown open every window and the kitchen door all day long and dragged the fan down from the attic. In a country [...]
- Elderflower Fritters 9 months ago With the hot, sunny weather we’ve been having these past two weeks, the musky scent of elderflower hangs heavy in the still air, perfuming the countryside and drifting in the open windows at night as we fall off to sleep. The elderflower was late to bloom this year, but the trees have made up for...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Edible Ireland has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!