Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Frugal Gifting 5 hours ago ‘Tis the season! Every year I say I’m NOT going to get caught up in the commercialism of Christmas. When the kids were little and I overindulged them, as most of America does every year – and then we pay off the credit cards all year long and start over next Christmas. One year I said, …...
- Work Hard, Play Hard! 3 weeks ago It’s November. Where is Carole-Jean? What is her latest caper? NaNoWriMo has her cloistered in her walk-in closet. The only ones who see her are Frank (the elder to whom she gives insulin shots) and the sheepdogs she walks at four in the afternoon. NaNo – who? Yeah, I didn’t...
- When Have You Been the Happiest? 3 months ago What makes you happy? Is it a person, place or thing? In 1968 I graduated college and moved to the Virgin Islands. I was instantly happy there. When I moved away, I missed it. I moved back there years later and I was happy. I love everything about it – the climate, … Continue reading...
- So Many Causes! Where to Start? 3 months ago Start with a drop in the bucket. People make fun of me when I pick up pennies in the street. But I save them up until I get a hundred and then take them to the bank and get a dollar. Whoo hoo! Oh yeah, a dollar doesn’t buy much – … Continue reading →
- Caribbean Queen - The Tipsy Gypsy! 4 months ago Patty Washington taught me how to be a “Boat Wench” several years ago. I had gone on vacation to St. Thomas with some Miami friends where I was working as a real estate agent in South Beach. As I luxuriated in the velvety turquoise waters I was transported to a state of peace, joy, …...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.