Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Sometimes Ya Gotta Scale the Wall! 3 days ago As soon as I took the first step up the walkway to Frank’s house it hit me. Damn! I forgot the key. Did I have to admit to Frank that I forgot the key again? The last time I forgot it I scurried home, which is only five minutes away, to … Continue reading →
- Caviar, Anyone? 1 month ago The tiny spoon sparked a series of events. When it arrived in the mail it took a backseat to the other fabulous items in the box Lynn had sent. Remember my sister-friend, Lynn, from Costa Rica? She and her husband, Lucas, are now working out of Abbott Labs’ facility in Columbus,...
- Felicia Stole My Flag Shorts! 2 months ago I haven’t worn the American Flag shorts since last year and I don’t think they have shrunk in the wash so if they are tight, I can’t blame it on shrinkage. I suppose I should try them on before tomorrow’s Firecracker 10K at Harvey West Park in Santa Cruz, California. ...
- There's no Business Like Show Business! 2 months ago “Are you an alto or soprano?” she asked as I burst through the door sweaty and breathless. I froze, looked around the classroom where the Cabrillo Choir class was underway. I stammered, “Ummm, I don’t know.” The teacher’s jaw dropped and she looked stunned. ...
- Sign Up For Salsa, Make a Mosaic! 2 months ago Reason or season? You know that expression: People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Although I was baffled at first, I can now appreciate the sequence of events that recently occurred concerning my caregiver, my significant other. We had a blissful few weeks...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.