Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Vegas Birthday Bash! 2 days ago Some people love Las Vegas. Others hate it. Whichever you are, you must admit there is no place quite like it for a blow-out bash of many varieties. Me? I love it. I get to dress up, strut around in stilettos, and see real flamingos. Real, not plastic! Where? At the Flamingo, of course. It is...
- Operation Bunny Wrap-Up 4 weeks ago The birthday has come and gone. I have pictures to prove it. Here’s the deal: I am going to write a boxer training summary, followed by an actual birthday blog, and then return to boxing. Yeah – it’s not over! With the hard work, encouragement of these two magic-men and, …...
- The REAL Women of Boxing 1 month ago Women boxers have been around since at least the early eighteenth century according to Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women’s_boxing Who knew? Certainly not I. It wasn’t until I initiated “Operation Bunny” that my awareness was heightened. The first time I stepped through the...
- Float Like a Butterfly - Part 3 2 months ago I’m no longer a newbie at the boxing gym. There are no more excuses. I’m going into my sixth week of training, my confidence is up, I have dropped fifteen pounds, gained muscle, and tightened up to the point of showing muscle definition. The other day, Brian, the gym owner, came up to...
- Float Like a Butterfly...Part 2 3 months ago I did not intend to sign up for the two-week trial and I certainly had no intention of signing up beyond the trial. On my first drive from Capitola to Scotts Valley, I rehearsed my excuses, er, I mean reasons for not joining : “It’s just beyond my budget. I’m a senior citizen …...
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.