Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
Latest Blog Posts »
- Float Like a Butterfly - Part 3 2 weeks ago I’m no longer a newbie at the boxing gym. There are no more excuses. I’m going into my sixth week of training, my confidence is up, I have dropped fifteen pounds, gained muscle, and tightened up to the point of showing muscle definition. The other day, Brian, the gym owner, came up to...
- Float Like a Butterfly...Part 2 1 month ago I did not intend to sign up for the two-week trial and I certainly had no intention of signing up beyond the trial. On my first drive from Capitola to Scotts Valley, I rehearsed my excuses, er, I mean reasons for not joining : “It’s just beyond my budget. I’m a senior citizen …...
- Float Like a Butterfly... 1 month ago Sting like a bee – go ahead, just try it! I did. So far, it’s just me and the bag, and I’m winning. Barely. Today, we did shadow-boxing with a sparring partner. It was my first time since I took up boxing three weeks ago. Whoa, it’s a whole different story when … Continue reading...
- Blue, the Bilingual Beagle 1 month ago “Take him to Blue Ball Park,” said the owner of the dog. “It’s right next door and he’s used to going there. You can’t miss it – just go to the end of the driveway and look to the right. You’ll see the giant blue balls.” … Continue reading →
- I Will Follow Lou! 2 months ago Follow him wherever he may go…It is guaranteed fun! Lou Caviglia has an uncanny knack for remembering people. I should know. I float in and out of Santa Cruz like the tide. Sometimes I am absent for years at a time. I often run into people who have no idea I left, … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top Nine Types of Shoes for Living as an Expat in Costa Rica Expat Blog Awards 2013 Shoes! I’m all about the shoes. It started with Bonnie in Brooklyn. We were best friends growing up in the projects in the 1950s. Post WWII, our families were struggling to build foundations for new starts. Money was scarce; our parents worked...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Costa Rica Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Costa Rica!Copy and paste code to display the Costa Rica Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Carole Jean's Costa Rica Capers
20:35 PM April 18, 2014
Love Carole Jeans CR Capers Blog, she is so candid and entertaining with the life in Atenas. (We are planning to go to Atenas in 2016 for a one month stay to see if we like it. If that works out then we would consider moving there permanently!) Carole Jean seems to be a really neat and fun lady and her escapades in CR make me want to move sooner!
23:11 PM May 23, 2014
I went back and read the entire entries for this great blog. It is well written, entertaining and witty. You read one entry and want to find out what happens next. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next installment.
03:43 AM May 31, 2014
i hope to have time to keep in touch. my life long desire is to live in costa rica. your words make me want to move there now!
23:51 PM July 06, 2014
I am loving Carole Jean's blogs whether they are about her colorful past in San Francisco or her current experiences in Costa Rica. Carole is so generous to share the small moments of her interesting life with us gringos in the States. I feel inspired every time I finish one of her stories.