Totally Impractical - Living in Shanghai
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Totally Impractical Guide to Changing Everything All At Once (Again) 2 months ago I should be studying right now. Four units into the first module of a master’s degree in applied linguistics, I’m painfully wrapping my head around the idea of a...
- John McCain Crashed His Plane Just Outside Our New Flat 4 months ago It was a few years ago (1967), but still- he ejected just over there- you can see it from our living room window. About two weeks ago, we moved...
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being (and Living) in Ridiculously Humid Climes 5 months ago A month or two ago, my third external hard drive in three years decided to just stop being a functioning external hard drive. It was only a year and...
- Just Like Starting Over: Hanoi 2.0 5 months ago Can I tell you about our early days in Hanoi? Back in October? So many months ago. The weeks when we lived in a stuffy, cramped hotel room...
- Dear Fellow Travellers and Expats: You are NOT More Special or Better or Smarter Than Your Average Bear 5 months ago I’ll admit that I’ve been up since 4am almost every morning this week, woken by a wide-eyed toddler towering over me in the early morning half light, adamantly making...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Totally Impractical - Living in Shanghai
11:00 AM October 09, 2012
Most fabest travel blog!
11:58 AM October 09, 2012
She sends me delicious astral food - need I a better reason?
12:18 PM October 09, 2012
Full of insight, yet funny. Killer combo.
12:23 PM October 09, 2012
It may be totally impractical, but this is also a totally fabulous blog. Cats, mops, food and - most importantly - great storytelling. I love it.
12:37 PM October 09, 2012
Best blog ever!
13:36 PM October 09, 2012
Practicality is overrated. Love MaryAnne's blog(s)!
14:07 PM October 09, 2012
Totally Impractical Guide is the caffeine to my mornings, the rhythm to my day. Big Love for the Win!
14:24 PM October 09, 2012
One of my favourite blogs!
17:28 PM October 09, 2012
01:50 AM October 10, 2012
These postings are simply fabulous - engaging, entertaining, witty, thoughtful, articulate, and just plain readable.