Totally Impractical - Living in Shanghai
Latest Blog Posts »
- More Things That Are Ridiculously Easier in Your Own Language: Food! 1 week ago The other day, we decided to order dinner in from a kebab shop in our neighbourhood here in Leicester. The menu was online, but it wasn’t linked to any...
- Two and a Half Weeks: Notes on Memory, Stasis, Change and a Rather New Baby 2 months ago About 18 days ago, I had a baby. This one. Oscar was one week overcooked and propelled himself out of me in barely two hours, emerging with a full head...
- Well, That Was Certainly Interesting: Brief Notes on Having Just Spawned a Baby 2 months ago Last Wednesday, I did something I’d never done before, in a way that went in a totally different way to how I had roughly planned it. Kind of like blindly...
- Waiting For Godot (or a Baby): Notes on Identity, Change and Public Presentation 3 months ago Any day now, I’m going to have a baby. Like, an actual baby that I get to keep indefinitely. Which is, admittedly, an awfully long time. I still haven’t...
- Things That Are Absurdly Easy in a Country Where You Speak the Language: Haircuts! 4 months ago Welcome to the beginning of what will probably be an ongoing new series. I’ve been really, really bad at writing this season. Partly because I’ve been so busy setting up...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 10 reviews on Totally Impractical - Living in Shanghai
11:00 AM October 09, 2012
Most fabest travel blog!
11:58 AM October 09, 2012
She sends me delicious astral food - need I a better reason?
12:18 PM October 09, 2012
Full of insight, yet funny. Killer combo.
12:23 PM October 09, 2012
It may be totally impractical, but this is also a totally fabulous blog. Cats, mops, food and - most importantly - great storytelling. I love it.
12:37 PM October 09, 2012
Best blog ever!
13:36 PM October 09, 2012
Practicality is overrated. Love MaryAnne's blog(s)!
14:07 PM October 09, 2012
Totally Impractical Guide is the caffeine to my mornings, the rhythm to my day. Big Love for the Win!
14:24 PM October 09, 2012
One of my favourite blogs!
17:28 PM October 09, 2012
01:50 AM October 10, 2012
These postings are simply fabulous - engaging, entertaining, witty, thoughtful, articulate, and just plain readable.