Latest Blog Posts »
- Getting a Driver's License in Brazil 2 days ago To put my family at ease, I tend to downplay the more dangerous aspects of life in Brazil, but the truth is you’re much more likely to die a violent death in Brazil than in Canada or Japan or even gun-crazy United States. Oh, you’re not going to get shot. No, you’re going [...]
- Dear Retailers, Stop Arranging by Color!! 1 week ago When was the last time you went shopping for clothes? This past weekend? Last month? If you’re my brother, the answer is about 13 years ago when you could still be forced to accompany our mom. He’s survived off of birthday and Christmas presents ever since. Since those dates are...
- Brazil: Children Allowed 2 weeks ago As an American, I know that taking a child to any restaurant that doesn’t have it’s menu posted on a wall and ordering her juice while she plays on your phone will get you nasty looks at the least and reported to child services at worst. The US is a harsh culture in which to [...]
- Children's Parties: Brazilian Edition 3 weeks ago We can learn a lot about our own culture by having to explain it to outsiders. What specifically outsiders want an explanation for is telling and then having to explain why can lead to great enlightenment. For example, as an American I have fielded quite a few questions about guns. I’ve...
- My First Great Test as a Writer 1 month ago Recently, I decided to become a writer. I’ve actually been diligently writing a novel for a couple years, but a few months ago I quit my job teaching and left myself with no other answer to the question “What do you do?” So now people actually know. Today I’m facing my first great test as...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Coconut Water
07:23 AM January 23, 2014
Hi Looks like I will be moving to Vitoria soon with my wife and 1 yr old twins. Seeing as you already live there, what is the situation with schools for my kids as I have heard that most expats send their kids to Boarding school and I dont like the sound of that. Brst regards Carl.