Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- A talk with Simon Goodman, author of The Orpheus Clock 1 week ago Simon Goodman's The Orpheus Clock is both a fascinating read and an extremely valuable addition to the literature of the Nazi era. It details two interlinked histories: the story of the Gutmanns, a Dutch family of Jewish origin who was robbed and murdered under the Nazis, and the story of their...
- Paris Writers News Selected Author Interviews Nbr. 1 2 months ago Selected Author Interviews with Anne Marie O'Connor, Gary Lee Kraut, Matthew Fraser, Miranda Crispin, and Steven Sampson, from Paris Writers News
- Diane Johnson talks with Rosalia Gitau about Writing Paris 2 months ago RG : What do you find different about your friendships with French women and other women? DJ : They are a little more guarded. And that may be just because they’re more used to competition between women rather than sisterhood. RG : Why do you think they’re competing? DJ : For male attention....
- A Few Books About The Holocaust in France 3 months ago French WWII Holocaust history booklist for Vincent Peillon, who, while campaigning for president, compared the persecution of the Jews during the Nazi period ("forty years ago") to that experienced by Muslims in France today.
- Anna Polonyi, author of Wayword, on pilgrimages, poetry and time 5 months ago NEW POETRY: With a backpack, a journalist's keen eye for telling detail and a poet's love of language, Paris writer Anna Polonyi set off on the famous pilgrimage of Santiago de Compostela. Wayword, her stunning new book of poetry, is the result. TRAVEL
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.