Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Films about faith: Christopher Norris on the unique Insight Film Festival 4 days ago The Insight Film Festival seeks to discover and showcase all kinds of films about faith. Such is the quality of many of the films submitted that one of its recent laureates was nominated for an Oscar. Interview with Christopher Norris, Editor and Development Executive of the Insight Film Festival.
- Ideological French school reform forgets children, learning, languages, excellence 4 days ago Schools in France have, for years, suffered from four terrible failures. The Socialist Party's school reform offers no solutions and in fact will make matters worse. Teachers are calling for a strike to oppose this hasty, amateurish and ideologically motivated plan. For the first time, I cannot...
- 145 Writers Against Freedom of Speech 2 weeks ago Charlie Hebdo and PEN: 145 writers have taken a stand - against freedom of expression, against courage in the face of death threats, against solidarity with our fellows who have been murdered. Their Letter says it all. So we interviewed it.
- President of SOS Racism: "Charlie Hebdo is anti-racist" 2 weeks ago In this video, Dominique Sopo, the president de SOS Racisme, France's most important anti-racist organisation, expresses outrage at the people who falsely claim that Charlie Hebdo is racist. "Charlie Hebdo is the most important anti-racist weekly," he says. It was profoundly anti-racist. It's...
- Read first, pay what you want: Bartlomiej Filipek on new publishing options 1 month ago What if publishers trusted readers to voluntarily pay what a book is worth? OpenBooks.com proposes a new publishing model for ebooks, based on trust and designed to facilitate sharing and discovery, which can be especially interesting for small presses and self-publishers. Readers are invited to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.