Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Writing in Paris: Exciting New Classes from WICE 3 weeks ago PARIS: WICE Creative Writing Program Returns with New Offerings. Lise Funderberg, creative writing instructor at the University of Pennsylvania and the Rugers MFA program, is presenting an intensive creative nonfiction workshop in October.
- Paris Culture Round-up: What's on at the BNF this September 1 month ago France's national library, the BNF, offers free classes in how to use the catalog and to how research on Gallica and other electronic ressources, as well as many literary and cultural events.
- Monsanto caught ghostwriting safety evaluations of its pesticides 2 months ago Bloomberg's Peter Waldman, Tiffany Stecker and Joel Rosenblatt filed an explosive report on August 9, 2017 entitled "Monsanto Was Its Own Ghostwriter for Some Safety Reviews". The article, posted on the Bloomberg site, cites internal emails that prove what was long suspected: that supposedly...
- July in Paris Selected Literary events 2 months ago Top literary events in Paris this July with Sam Chang, Nicola Keegan, Elliot Holt, Hari Kunzru, Jonathan Moody, Naniso Tswai, Edwidge Danticat, Marie Darrieussecq, John Freeman, Jessa Crispin, Ishion Hutchinson, Dave Eggers, Vendela Vida, Zinzi Clemmons, Tom Jeffreys, André Naffis-Sahely...
- News: Hilary Kaiser to speak at Patricia Laplante's Paris Soirées 3 months ago New Book Events: 5-8:30 pm Paris Writer Hilary Kaiser will speak this Sunday night at Paris Soirées, in Paris. 25 euros. Includes dinner. To reserve, please email parissoirees.@gmail.com with your phone number.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.