Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Albert Alla on creating English language theater in Paris: call for submissions 2 weeks ago PARIS: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! DEADLINE OCT 21! English-language plays of 12-20 minutes in length for two or more actors. Interview: Albert Alla on the Montmartre Dionysia: showcase and competition for English-language playwrights in Paris
- Judith Starkston, author of Hand of Fire, on writing historical fiction 3 weeks ago Classicist Judith Starkston writes historical fiction. Her new novel, Hand of Fire, is set against the backdrop of the Trojan War. What is historical fiction? How to blend fact with imagination? Which rules of the genre must be observed? We asked Judith to share some insights into historical...
- Best thing happening on the internet? Last Week Tonight's John Oliver 3 weeks ago Foreign funnyman John Oliver has lined up the most penetrating - and also hilarious - investigative journalism you can find anywhere. Honed by years of aggressively spot-on muckraking for John Stewart, Oliver's Last Week Tonight is absolutely mustsee reporting of the highest grade. Segments are...
- Hot new books about France, Paris 3 weeks ago Hot new books about France. A selection of top new titles set in Paris or about France. Memoir, fiction, mystery, humor, essay, and how to. Including (in French) ex-First LadyTrierweiler's ferocious tell-all Merci pour ce moment and bad boy French expat and immense talent Gerard Depardieu's...
- French schoolchildren continue to suffer due to absent teachers 4 weeks ago French education news: French schoolchildren continue suffer from absent teachers who are not replaced, but the French government plans no action to remedy the situation because it is cowardly and incompetent and on its third education minister in two years
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.