Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fake Microsoft Service Center calls continue in France #scam 4 days ago Hello this is the Microsoft Service Center. The accent is Indian, so I am inclined to believe the call legit. But when I ask him to identify himself and to give me references for the PC he claims is infected with a virus, he falters. "Do you even know where to find your PC licence ID, Madame?" he...
- Paris Literary Events, Readings, New Books September 2014 2 weeks ago This month, terrific literary events, readings and new books from Paris writers, news from Festival America in Vincennes, François Busnel, Marie Houzelle, John Banville, Jake Lamar, Hazel Manuel, David Scott Clegg, Marina Warner, Frédéric Beigbeder, Ruth Ryan, Andrew Miiller, Anne Berest,...
- How the French president's vengeful EX secretly prepared her bombshell book #publishing 2 weeks ago Lying cheating politicos beware: French women don't keep quiet. Valérie Trierweiler's kiss and tell off Merci pour le Moment is a publishing success. A first print run of 200,000 copies released September 4 and already out of stock in many stores and being reprinted. The real mystery here is how...
- Paris Writers Needed: Contact Jen Dick 2 weeks ago The excellent Jen Dick calls for guest bloggers and interns to help with key services for the Paris literary community. If you are interested in guest blogging for Jen's Monthly Readings and Events List or in working with Ivy Writers Bilingual Reading Series, please contact her!
- Tom Reeves on How to Enjoy Dining Out in Paris 1 month ago Tom Reeves wrote Dining Out in Paris – What You Need to Know before You Get to the City of Light in order to spare tourists to paris the mistakes he once made. A Paris Writers News Interview.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.