Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- France's Dangerously Seductive State of Emergency 21 hours ago Paris in a State of Emergency. Ecologists are under house arrest and elections are coming up. What is France doing?
- Paris Dream vs Reality: A Discussion? 6 days ago A while back Paris bloggers and travel writers debated whether to write about Paris' darker side. Was it rude to ruin people's dreams of Paris by telling them too much? In wake of the most recent Paris Attacks, is it not time to reconsider our positions?
- France: French ghettos - like Saint Denis - ten years after the riots: video 1 week ago SAINT DENIS: Ten years after France's previous State of Emergency (due to out-of-control rioting in France's banlieue in 2005) French TV discussion show: C Dans L'Air examines what's it's like to be a young person growing up in France's ghettos today. This show was broadcast before the Paris...
- France: State of Emergency 2 weeks ago France: State of Emergency. Today France is in mourning. Tomorrow unavoidable questions. In the ten months since the Charlie Hebdo and Kosher grocery massacres, what has the government - in particular at Interior and Justice - done to make France safer?
- New books, readings, writers workshops and English theatre in Paris 3 weeks ago This November, news from Paris writers Peter Gumbel, Chantal Bizzini, Tom Parker, Samantha Chang, David Siefkin, David Downie, Kaaren Kitchell, Roger Goldsmith, Marilyn Kallet, Jeanette Winterson, Marilyne Hacker, Paris Lit Up, Moving Parts, Shakespeare and Company, Berkeley Books, the American...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.