Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- French news: I hate to kick a man when he's down but... 1 week ago What France needs, more than a man of incessant action, is a calm yet steely explainer-in-chief, someone who can put France's troubles in context, carefully showing how France got into them and how France can get back out. But for that to happen, Fran
- Free Download Sorbonne Confidential today only Kindle ebook 2 weeks ago Today only, bestselling book on France, Sorbonne Confidential, will be available for free download worldwide on Amazon kindle ebooks. Must read for anyone planning to work, teach, learn or travel in France.
- Paris Writers News May 2013 Literary Events, Reading and New Books in Paris 2 weeks ago This month, news from Peter Gumbel, Ann Mah, Barry Kirwan, Nancy Kricorian, Roderick Dentrac, Cathy Altman Noquet, Douglas Kennedy, Nathalie Bassand, Edward Rutherfurd, Ann Saul, Rupert Thomson, Elena Nesti, Elliot Perlman, Elena Nesti, Ben Fountain, Kate Noakes, Jerome Charyn, Linda Lappin, Roy...
- Jennie Fields, author of The Age of Desire, talks with Anne Korkeakivi, author of An Unexpected Guest 1 month ago Jennie Fields, author of "The Age of Desire", talks with Anne Korkeakivi, author of "An Unexpected Guest", about Paris, women in publishing, and the challenges of making Edith Wharton have sex. A Paris Writers News interview.
- How to ensure that young people hate and fear poetry - lessons from a French middle school 1 month ago How to ensure kids loath poetry and will never attempt to write another line? It's easy. A private French middle school shows us how in four easy steps.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.