Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Holocaust in France: Recommended Reading for Vincent Peillon 2 weeks ago French WWII Holocaust history booklist for Vincent Peillon, who, while campaigning for president, compared the persecution of the Jews during the Nazi period ("forty years ago") to that experienced by Muslims in France today.
- Anna Polonyi, author of Wayword, on pilgrimages, poetry and time 2 months ago NEW POETRY: With a backpack, a journalist's keen eye for telling detail and a poet's love of language, Paris writer Anna Polonyi set off on the famous pilgrimage of Santiago de Compostela. Wayword, her stunning new book of poetry, is the result. TRAVEL
- Brushstroke! The story Alice Goldfarb Marquis switched to fiction to tell 2 months ago Alice Goldfarb Marquis, a German Jewish refugee from Hitler, settled in America where she wrote acclaimed and controversial non-fiction books about the business of art. Her one novel, Brushstrokes, which appears to be a roman à clef about the art world, never found a publisher during her life. It...
- Elizabeth Rynecki on Chasing Portraits of pre-Holocaust Jewish Poland 3 months ago Moshe Rynecki's paintings depicting Jewish life in Poland were scattered and presumed lost after he and most of his family were murdered in the Holocaust. Today, three quarters of a century later, his great-granddaughter, Elizabeth Rynecki, has undertaken a quest to reconstruct his life's work and...
- UPCOMING RELEASE: The Beginner's Cow: Memories of a Volga German from Kansas 3 months ago BOOK NEWS: Upcoming release in Memoirs of the American Midwest. An interview with author Loren Schmidtberger: "I began writing personal essays as a way of dealing with the unexpected death of my wife of forty-seven years. That was in May 2006, and I took it pretty hard. When I told a grief...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.