Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fiber in France: It's not us! It's our subcontractor 3 days ago Why is the nice lady screaming into her cell phone in the bus that goes to Bry sur Marne. Hint: Orange is making its clients crazy in the 94 in France. Blaming it's subcontractor (it's not Orange, it's the subcontractor) is not likely to help.
- A literary summer in Paris: readings, new books, workshops 1 month ago PARIS WRITERS NEWS: Outstanding literary events this June at the Maison de la Poésie. If you have never been to one of their events - not far from Beaubourg - you are in for a treat. Don't miss their special UK authors series: Martin Amis, Emma Healey, Howard Jacobson, Nick Hornby, Jonathan Coe,...
- Six questions for Peter Carey about things he said 2 months ago Peter Carey used his literary fame and influence to denounce Pen American's decision to honor Charlie Hebdo cartoonists and writers who were murdered by Islamists for their satire, citing the "cultural arrogance" of the French. Sickened, we asked Peter Carey about his definition of cultural...
- Films about faith: Christopher Norris on the unique Insight Film Festival 2 months ago The Insight Film Festival seeks to discover and showcase all kinds of films about faith. Such is the quality of many of the films submitted that one of its recent laureates was nominated for an Oscar. Interview with Christopher Norris, Editor and Development Executive of the Insight Film Festival.
- Ideological French school reform forgets children, learning, languages, excellence 2 months ago Schools in France have, for years, suffered from four terrible failures. The Socialist Party's school reform offers no solutions and in fact will make matters worse. Teachers are calling for a strike to oppose this hasty, amateurish and ideologically motivated plan. For the first time, I cannot...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.