Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tom Reeves on How to Enjoy Dining Out in Paris 3 weeks ago Tom Reeves wrote Dining Out in Paris – What You Need to Know before You Get to the City of Light in order to spare tourists to paris the mistakes he once made. A Paris Writers News Interview.
- David Raether on What It's Like to Fail 2 months ago David Raether’s autobiographical essay “What It’s Like to Fail” was selected by both The Atlantic and Longform as excellent journalism and one of the best essays of 2013. It has since been viewed by nearly 200,000 readers on Priceonomics alone. Formerly a smash hit TV writer in Hollywood,...
- Paris: "Peaceful" violence at banned demo: Le Parisien photos July 26, 2014 3 months ago Le Parisien published eloquent photos taken in or near Place de la République in the center of Paris by Kenzo Tribouillard and Frédéric Dugit on July 26, 2014. As predicted by the French government, "casseurs" (troublemakers, thugs, breakers, hooligans, hoodlums) got violent near the end of the...
- A beautiful essay on why we love books by Leopold Stern 2 months ago Booklovers fighting the onslaught of dematerialized ebooks find lots of reasons - the feel of the paper, the smell of the book, the beauty of the binding - but it was not until I read the essay "Mon Livre" written by Léopold Stern as a refugee in Rio de Janeiro in 1942 that felt I had stumbled...
- Paris book lovers: mark your calendar for Festival America Sep 11 to 14, 2014 2 months ago Every two years Vincennes hosts one of the best literary events in Europe: Festival America It is a unique chance to listen to - and occasionally discuss with - some of the finest English language writers in the World.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.