Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Best Books about Language: nine authors share their favorites 1 day ago What to give the reader who loves language? Recommended books on language from authors Lisa Vanden Bos, Clotilde Dusoulier, Marie Houzelle, Alan Riding, Cara Black, Anne Korkeakivi, Alice K. Boatwright, Anne Marsella,and C. Jon Delogu.
- Nancy Green on The Other Americans in Paris. Businessmen, Countesses, Wayward Youth 1880-1941 1 week ago Nancy Green is the author of The Other Americans in Paris. Businessmen, Countesses, Wayward Youth 1880-1941, (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2014). In this interview, authors Ellen Hampton and Nancy Green talk about immigration, elites, and the evolution of Americans in Paris.
- Sheila Kohler, author of Dreaming for Freud, on Dora's struggle 2 weeks ago Sheila Kohler, what drew you to the story of Dora and Freud? Sheila Kohler talks about her new novel Dreaming for Freud in the Paris Writers News interview. Join Sheila Kohler at the American Library in Paris on December 10th.
- Laura Marello, author of The Tenants of the Hôtel Biron, on an artists' haven in Paris 2 weeks ago Despite a two-year renovation, the The Musée Rodin has remained open, but how many visitors know the details of the building’s strange, entangled history as a crucible for avant-garde art? Laura Marello, author of Tenants of the Hôtel Biron, talks with Marylee MacDonald, about Rodin, Picasso...
- Samantha Vérant and William Alexander talk about learning French 4 weeks ago William Alexander, a New Yorker, is the author of Flirting with French, in which he chronicles his often-hilarious attempts to learn French at the age of 57. Samantha Vérant, a Chicagoan/Californian, is the author of Seven Letters from Paris: A Memoir, in which she chronicles how she jets off to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Laurel Zuckerman's Paris Weblog
11:28 AM October 09, 2012
This is a favorite blog and look at every new post. Always appreciate the q&as with outstanding authors, the insider scoop on the Paris writers scene and events. The blog is inspiring and informative. It has gotten me to start writing again. Thanks Paris Writers News!
15:19 PM October 09, 2012
This is an excellent blog, always challenging, thought provoking! As a librarian for an English language library here in Paris I also appreciate its regular spotlights on the Paris English language literary scene, providing information which would be hard if not impossible to find elsewhere!
16:08 PM October 10, 2012
As a longtime Paris resident (26 years), author of 13 books, and fellow Paris blogger (and therefore potential rival) I should be the first to take potshots at or criticize this blog. In fact it is outstanding. The writing is professional, the reporting solid. It is also a joy to read. I do not know the author(s).
23:58 PM October 10, 2012
Great blog, well written and insightful commentary about France. As a long time expat, it's the blog that I pass on to those who are seeking news in English about France. Also enjoy the focus on writers and Paris literary confabs.
13:01 PM October 15, 2012
Leaving some love for this blog - fantastic resource. I believe this blog has what it takes to win your "Expats in France" blog award.
14:22 PM October 27, 2012
One of my regular expat reads - great inside scoops for book lovers and writers alike.