View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Queens rule! 2 days ago This post is really just an excuse to post photos of two young women who are presiding over this year’s Guelaguetza activities. The first is the Reina (queen) of the 4th Expo Feria del Queso y Quesillo. She is a writer, loves books, and her eyes lit up (even more!) when I told her I […]
- Watch Guelaguetza live 2 days ago Live streaming of the Guelaguetza performances at the Guelaguetza auditorium atop Cerro del Fortín, July 21 and 28 at 10 AM and 5 PM (Central Daylight Time). or http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cortvlive
- Food glorious food! 3 days ago I’m eating my way through the Guelaguetza festivities. It all began on Friday with the kickoff banquet for the Festival de los Moles. Remember the chicatanas from last month? They were there. Check out the mole on the middle left. Giving the mole a little “crunch,” it was muy...
- Let the Guelaguetza festivities begin 5 days ago I’m back in Oaxaca — and I’m not the only one! The city’s streets and sidewalks are more congested than usual as tourists, both national and international, have begun pouring in. Why? you ask. They have come for the annual Guelaguetza folkloric performances the next two Mondays on...
- Plumed and hairless 1 week ago Four days of non-stop sights, sounds, and adventures in Mexico City with my BFF is coming to a close. So much to do and see, there’s been no time for blogging. However, all my bags are packed and I have a few minutes… Today, L and I ventured out to the Museo Dolores Olmedo in […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.