View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Your pain is my pain 1 day ago As an extranjera (foreigner), I can do nothing more than observe… report… and feel. Signs on the Alameda and zócalo this week.
- World Series Oaxaca connection 4 days ago Tonight, from the valley where corn was first cultivated, I’ll be watching my San Francisco Giants play game one of Major League Baseball’s, 2014 World Series. I was amazed to discover that one of San Francisco’s ace relief pitchers, Yusmeiro Petit, the Giants’ do-everything man, played for...
- Bici friendly 5 days ago In the 5+ years that I have been living here, Oaxaca has become much more bike friendly. It’s a good thing too, because traffic, even without the bloqueos (blockades), has gotten much worse. I mentioned last Sunday we had to detour due to a bike race and passed these spandex warriors, out for...
- Butterflies & blossoms 1 week ago What can I say? I guess I have become a true Oaxaqueña — at least when it comes to temperatures below 70ºF. Doors and windows have been closed all day, I’m wearing wool socks and a sweater, and space heater is on. (Note to self: Heater and toaster-oven cannot be turned on at the same...
- Vinyl lives in Oaxaca 1 week ago Look what I came across today at Porfirio Diaz #102… Konexion Musical, a new record store. And, I mean record — they feature vinyl!!! There’s an actual turntable playing the vinyl. They also have CDs and even some cassette tapes. Yes, Mill Valley peeps, that’s Huey and the boys in the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.