View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hearts and flowers 4 hours ago A pause in the Guelaguetza action… I was last on Callejón de Hidalgo about a month and a half ago and a new (to me) mural charmed me. I’ve been meaning to post photos, but there has been way too much going on and they got lost in the pictures shuffle. Murals are usually a […]
- Teotitlán on the big stage 2 days ago As regular readers know, I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the people and cultural traditions of the Zapotec village, Teotitlán del Valle. Blogger buddy Chris and I go out there often, especially for their major festivals where the Danza de la Pluma is performed. Earlier this month, a...
- Guelaguetza in black & white 3 days ago Yesterday, two friends and I hailed a taxi and headed out of the city. We disembarked at the Viguera crucero, where we crowded into blogger buddy Chris’s car enroute to the intimate Guelaguetza in Las Peñitas Reyes Etla. The day was overcast and there were a few light sprinkles, but the...
- Danzantes in the rain 5 days ago Yesterday, as the Guelaguetza dancers gathered at the Cruz de Piedra and Conzatti Park waiting for the desfile (parade) of delegations to begin, the sky darkened, thunder rumbled, lightening flashed, the wind picked up, and the rain began falling. While they may be making their first appearance...
- Oaxaca pride 6 days ago Orgullo is the Spanish word for pride and you hear it a lot in Oaxaca. But, rather than just the personal, it encompasses the dignity, honor, and respect felt for one’s community’s history and cultural heritage. Remember, there are 16 indigenous groups in the state of Oaxaca – each with...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,