View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Handwriting is on the wall 2 days ago … between Independencia and Morelos on Garcia Vigil. The occupation of the Zócalo continues; yesterday Sección XXII of the CNTE (teachers’ union) shut down the airport; today a federal helicopter is flying overhead as I write, no doubt keeping tabs on a mass march from the IEEPO (State...
- Hot town... 4 days ago Hot town, summer in the city Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty Been down, isn’t it a pity Doesn’t seem to be a shadow in the city All around, people looking half dead Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head… Two and a half months of 10º F above average temperatures. […]
- Fool on the wall 6 days ago Day after day, alone on the [wall] The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still… The Fool On The Hill by Paul McCartney and John Lennon Day after day, alone on the hill The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still But nobody wants to know him They can see that […]
- Birds of a feather 1 week ago Sitting in the morning sun… Watching my feathered friends find my new fountain.
- Beginning again 1 week ago Sunday, May 15 was Día del Maestro in Mexico. In Oaxaca the day honoring teachers was marked by the teachers of Sección 22 marching back into the zocalo, setting up their tents, and installing the ambulantes (vendors) under their protection. Sunday night and again Tuesday night, Tlaloc...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,