View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- The best gallery is the street 1 day ago Yes, we know… Ephemeral it may be; effective it is. As do the artists of Gabinete Grafico, who bring their woodcut art to the streets. And yesterday, Gabinete Grafico’s artists inaugurated a brick and mortar gallery at Calle de M. Bravo 216 in Oaxaca city.
- It takes a village 6 days ago From the outdoor kitchens of Fidel Cruz and María Luisa Mendoza of Casa Cruz and Bulmaro Perez Mendoza, a three-day feast came forth to celebrate the mayordomía (stewardship) of La Virgen de Guadalupe in Teotitlán del Valle. The roles are set in the stones of the metates… But, it’s the hands...
- Amarillo in winter 1 week ago Yellow is the color of winter in Oaxaca, be it flora, fauna, or nature-inspired human intervention… A. M. A. R. I. L. L. O. by Edward Kofi Louis Aim high in life and, always seek for peace! Making it possible to share with others; As the sun always rises from the east! ! Resting down […]
- Y'all feeling safer? 1 week ago The headline in the New York Times reads, She Showed Up Yearly to Meet Immigration Agents. Now They’ve Deported Her. For eight years, Guadalupe García de Rayos had checked in at the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement office here, a requirement since she was caught using a fake Social...
- Worse for wear 1 week ago After being “under the weather” and cooped up in my apartment with doors and windows shut for the past four days — both due to clouds of demolition dust coming from next door — I gathered what little energy I could, and ventured out to pay my Telmex (phone company) bill. My brain must...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,