View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fridays during Lent in Oaxaca... 2 days ago Fridays during Lent must mean the “only in Oaxaca,” Paseos Florales del Llano or Viernes del Llano, the Friday pageant through Llano Park by young female preparatoria (high school) students and their spear, oops, I mean flower, carriers. Some will teeter on spiky heels (tacones, en español);...
- Rebellion shout the people 3 days ago It’s been five months since 43 students from the Escuela Normal Rural Raúl Isidro Burgos teachers’ college in Ayotzinapa, Guerrero went missing. Their parents, the people of Mexico, and growing numbers around the world continue to ask, Who is Really Responsible? A mural recently appeared...
- Flags flying 4 days ago Yesterday was Día de la Bandera (Flag Day) in Mexico. Hmmm, I don’t think these were the flags they had in mind… The flags that were flying on the streets of Oaxaca were those carried by the members of the Integrantes del Frente de Organizaciones Sociales, Campesinas, Urbanas, Pesqueras y...
- If it's Domingo... 6 days ago If it’s Sunday, it must be market day in Tlacolula de Matamoros. Another delightful domingo in Oaxaca.
- White limousine 1 week ago We used to ride, baby Ride around in limousines We looked so fine, baby You in white and me in green Drinking and dancing All inside and crazy dream Well now look at your face now baby Look at you and look at me We used to shine, shine, shine, shine Say what a pair, […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.