View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Carnaval among the wood carvers 2 days ago Día de Carnaval (aka, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras, Carnival), a day to let the good times roll before the sacrifices of the Lenten season, has come and gone. And, again, blogger buddy Chris and I headed out to the surreal celebration in San Martín Tilcajete. Driving into the village, one soon...
- Year of the dog 5 days ago The roof dogs of San Martín Tilcajete wish you luck in the Year of the Dog. (And, the Virgen de Guadalupe is there to help, too.) Happy Chinese New Year!
- Happy Valentine's Day 1 week ago Mural on Calle Berriozábal by young Welsh artist, Harry Hambley — aka, Ketnipz. As we say in Mexico, Feliz día del amor y la amistad — Happy day of love and friendship!
- Feathers and friends 1 week ago Without a doubt, blogging about living in Oaxaca has brought a myriad of fascinating, knowledgeable, and just plain fun people into my life. Thus, after meeting through my blog a couple of years ago, Kalisa Wells and I finally met in person last week at a textile talk at the Oaxaca Lending...
- Cereus welcome 1 week ago Last night my night blooming cereus welcomed me home. Seriously!
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,