View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Women's March Oaxaca ¡Presente! 20 hours ago The Women’s March Oaxaca was an overwhelming success! The sun was shining, the sky was blue, pussy hats were present, and estimates put the crowd at almost 2,000 people from the USA, Canada, Mexico, and a few other countries. We even made the front page of Noticias, one of Oaxaca’s major...
- T-shirts in the making 2 days ago T-shirts hot off the Espacio Zapata presses for Women’s March Oaxaca in solidarity with the Women’s March on Washington. I’ll be wearing mine on Saturday. See you January 21, 2017 at 11 AM in front of Templo Santo Domingo!
- Man behind the brooms 4 days ago Remember Have brooms will travel? One day a motorcycle, another day a cart. And today, the man behind the brooms. Escobas de otate are the best for street sweeping!
- Keeper of the flame 6 days ago It’s been a musical twenty-four hours. Last night, under the stars in the courtyard of the Casa de la Ciudad, friends and I attended a lovely recital by four classical guitarists. And, late this afternoon, I walked down to Casa Colonial for a performance by Paul Cohen and his jazz combo. It...
- Oaxaca in Washington D.C. 1 week ago This is the banner from Oaxaca that will be carried at the Women’s March on Washington on January 21, 2017. If you go, look for it! If you are in Oaxaca, join U.S. citizens and friends on January 21 at 11:00 AM, in front of Templo de Santo Domingo de Guzmán, for a Women’s March […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,