View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Graduation Day in Oaxaca 13 hours ago In front of Santo Domingo de Guzman… Enjoy the day. It’s a jungle out there!
- Wild weather 2 days ago A word to the wise, be careful what you wish for… After almost two weeks of 90º+(F) temperatures, late this afternoon lightening flashed, thunder rumbled, gusty winds replaced still humid air, and on Tlaloc’s command, torrential rain and hail pounded the Oaxaca city. Water began coming in...
- Wistful 4 days ago This morning there were three… And, when I came out to greet my night blooming cereus, they looked wistful. Remembering last night’s splendor? Or, reflecting on how fleeting their glory? Me? I’m appreciating their presence in my present. Save
- In honor of... 1 week ago Tomorrow, May 18, museums worldwide will be celebrating International Museum Day with special events around this year’s theme, “Museums and contested histories: Saying the unspeakable in museums.” According to the IMD website, The objective of International Museum Day is to raise awareness...
- Waiting your turn 1 week ago I have to chuckle every morning when I turn on the fountain — within seconds the birds begin arriving. Apparently, there is a pecking order for bathing. The chain link fence provides an open-air waiting room — a perfect perch for keeping an eye on the bathers below. Some, like this little...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,