View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Hall of smoke 3 days ago One of my favorite things… The women and their grills in el pasillo de humo (the hall of smoke). Another Sunday market day in Tlacolula de Matamoros.
- Nourishing body & soul 5 days ago Yesterday, as I was walking home, the eyes of these guys caught my eye. More eyes beckoned me across the large driveway/parking area, that separated the mural filled walls from the sidewalk. A sign for Okupa Visual Oaxaca was pointing the way, so I figured I must not be trespassing and might even...
- Wonder women 6 days ago Today, south of the zócalo, the streets were well protected… Don’t tread on the women of Oaxaca!
- Talavera transformation, the end 1 week ago Just because the concrete stairs were ugly, the bodega held more tile, Nalo is a maestro… and what’s a little more talavera between friends? The end, I promise!
- Talavera transformation, part 2 1 week ago Initially, when I came face-to-face with the kitchen at the bigger and better Casita Colibrí, I was convinced there was NO way I could make it work and that IT should be numero uno on the make-over list. A double sink, but no counter space? A grungy ancient copper-colored stove that may or may...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.