View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Vintage cars of Havana 1 day ago In a time long ago, in a land far away, my mother bought a 1955 red and white Ford Fairlane convertible with red and white leather upholstery and a V8 engine. What a car! With top down, several road trips from the San Francisco Bay Area to Los Angeles ensued. And, “Betsy” even bumped...
- Mi piña 2 days ago Remember the pineapple growing in my rooftop container garden? Upon returning from a week-long magical mystery trip (more about that to come) last night, I discovered mi piña was more than ready to harvest. The fragrance beckons… breakfast tomorrow!!!
- Walls of Oaxaca 6 days ago The murals may be disappearing, but the walls of Oaxaca continue to radiate with messages. Oaxaca, never a dull moment and never a dull wall.
- Women of red clay 1 week ago A few weeks ago, blogger buddy Chris and I returned to Tlacolula de Matamoros for the 5th annual Festival de la Nieve, Mezcal, Gastronomía. Besides yummy food, ice creams, and drink there were vendors of textiles, baskets, and barro. These are the women of San Marcos Tlapazola and their elegant...
- Taste of India in Oaxaca 1 week ago As you know, I love the food of Oaxaca. However, having spent most of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area, home to cuisine from all over the world, there are times when the palate craves a little international flavor. So, I was delighted to finally try the Indian restaurant, Mini Taj, located...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,