View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Celebrating Santa Cecilia 2 days ago In Oaxaca, the sound of rockets and music in the streets means there must be a calenda — and early last evening, one seemed to be only a few blocks away. It was the ideal excuse for putting off emptying my massive wooden kitchen counter for the termite extermination crew’s arrival the next...
- Catrina cutie 3 days ago Yesterday, walking up the Alcalá on my way to La Cosecha Oaxaca organic market (Macedonio Alcalá 806), this Catrina cutie pie caught my eye. Though Muertos is in the rear view mirror, she is still hanging out above a doorway and keeping an eye on all who pass by. I keep thinking of the old […]
- Muertos memories in B&W 1 week ago Looking back, in black and white… Magna Comparsa Oaxaca through the streets of the city on October 28, 2017.
- Don't cry for me 1 week ago The transportation workers of the CTM (Confederación de Trabajadores de México) pretty much shut down main roads into and out of the city on Tuesday (just ask blogger buddy Chris) and Sección XXII of the teachers’ union yesterday blocked streets, today picketed government offices, and are now...
- The need remains great 2 weeks ago It’s been two months since a lethal 8.2 earthquake devastated the Isthmus of Tehuantepec region of Oaxaca. For a brief time, this oft-neglected state had captured the attention and relief efforts of Mexico and the world. Aware that relief supplies were desperately needed, I was informed that...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,