View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Banana bonanza 10 hours ago To continue the grocery shopping theme… Why is it, that of the almost 1000 varieties of bananas grown in the world, grocery stores here in el norte mostly only sell the Cavendish? Sheesh, even the smallest mercados in Oaxaca often have at least four varieties and sometimes more (depending on...
- BJ's birthday bouquets 3 days ago Currently, View from Casita Colibrí is being brought to you from el norte. Alas, tax season has come around again and mine need to be prepared. Then there is never-ending house maintenance and repair. I admit, it’s not all work and no play; being here means I get to spend time with family...
- Little vochos that could 5 days ago Slowly the cars began to move. Slowly they climbed the steep hill. As they climbed, each little steam engine began to sing: “I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I-think-I-can! I think I can – I think I can – I think I can I think I...
- Something about the light... 1 week ago … and shadows in Oaxaca in March. Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. — Abraham Lincoln Shadow owes its birth to light. — John Gay Save Save
- View from the top 1 week ago For years, I’ve gazed at the bell towers of Templo de la Preciosa Sangre de Cristo in Teotitlán del Valle and wanted to go up there. I mused that the views must be spectacular. I struck it rich a couple of weeks ago when visiting gal pals and I were wandering around the church and […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,