View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- World Book Day 18 hours ago This librarian couldn’t let this go by without a mention… Today is World Book Day and, naturally, Oaxaca celebrates with music! Under the shade of 130+ year old Indian laurel trees on the zócalo, the State Marimba Band opened the festivities. According to the SECULTA website, the...
- Portraits of Jesús 1 day ago Good Friday wasn’t all about Mary. Viernes Santo processions present larger-than-life images of Jesús in all his piety and suffering. Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ Who are you? What have you sacrificed? Jesus Christ Superstar Do you think you’re what they say you are? – Superstar, lyrics by...
- Portraits of María 2 days ago Good Friday in Oaxaca… Jesús may be the one who they say was crucified and resurrected, but María is never far from his side. From frequent traveler to Oaxaca, Liza Bakewell’s book, Madre: Perilous Journeys with a Spanish Noun: One can travel all over Spain and its former viceroyalties and...
- Felices a todos! 3 days ago From the streets of Oaxaca today, wishing you happy Easter Sunday… Four Twenty Day… almost Earth Day… And, though nothing seen around the streets of the city, a happy Passover!
- Holy blindfold, Batman! 5 days ago Last night, fortified by tostadas, guacamole, and a little vino, a gal pal and I set out for the Jueves Santo (aka: Holy Thursday and Maundy Thursday) tradition of visiting seven churches. According to that fount of knowledge, Wikipedia, “The tradition of visiting seven churches on Holy...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.