View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Posters for Ayotzinapa 1 day ago Eight months and counting… Tonight, eight months ago, 43 students from the Escuela Normal Rural Raúl Isidro Burgos teachers’ college in Ayotzinapa, Guerrero went missing. I am sadly resigned that marking this horrific anniversary has become a regular feature on my blog. As a mother, a...
- With fire in the hands 5 days ago The previously mentioned Tlacolulokos collective has brought their artistry and social commentary to a wall on the upper floor of the Casa de la Ciudad. The mural, “Con el fuego en las manos” shows two young women, almost mirror images of each other or, perhaps, two sides of the same woman....
- Stick-to-itiveness 1 week ago Situated metaphorically at the busy intersection of imagery and content—and informed by history, mass media, commerce, and pop culture—stickers address both the personal and the political. — Street Art Graphics, The Richard F. Brush Art Gallery, St. Lawrence University....
- The gods are watching 1 week ago Just so you know… The gods are watching you on Tinoco y Palacios, between Morelos and Matamoros. Hmmm…. sometime between January, when I first photographed the mural and a few days ago, when I returned, an airplane landed on the tongue. Recently, BBCtrending posted the video, Aztec to urban...
- The old school VW way 2 weeks ago Long ago, in a land far, far away, I once had a Volkswagen Beetle. It was so old, it didn’t even have a gas gauge, only a reserve tank. My little bug would inevitably begin running out of gas when I was putt-putting up a hill, requiring me to take my foot off the gas […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,