View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Bike city 1 day ago Prior to heading to el norte, I stumbled on the delightful exhibition, Ciudad BICible, at the Casa de la Ciudad. It is a glimpse into the history of the bicycle — its role in society, culture, and its importance today as a means of transportation in the city. The exhibition invites visitors to...
- Missing the color 4 days ago I’m still on the East Coast, now outside of Boston. It’s cold (not freezing, thank goodness), dark by 4:30 PM, and colors are bland. Today, as we dashed down an alley, dodging raindrops, from parking lot to restaurant, I caught a brief glimpse of a mural on the side of a building, but it...
- Fidel Castro, presente! 1 week ago I read the news today, oh boy… Fidel Castro, Leader of the Cuban Revolution Dies at 90. The revolutionary’s achievements in the face of US meddling made him a powerful symbol of resistance against hegemony. Cuba Declares 9 Days of Public Mourning to Honor Fidel Castro. And, from the personal...
- Grateful for guajolotes 1 week ago When you sit down to your turkey dinner tomorrow, you will be following in the footsteps of the original inhabitants of the valley of Oaxaca. Archaeologists have discovered evidence of turkey domestication 1,500 years ago in the in the valley of Oaxaca’s Mitla Fortress. And, according to Gary...
- Zancudos on the loose 1 week ago It was early evening last Monday, all my bags were packed and I was ready to go, when the the sounds of a parade began getting closer and closer. I grabbed the little Lumix and headed into the streets. Yikes, Zancudos had taken over the street. As you can see, we are not talking about […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.
21:19 PM April 18, 2015
Shannon, I hoe I have the right blog. Shannon O'Donnell?? I am retirement age. I am looking for a better cost of living for my retirement years. I want to stay as close to the U.S. as possible. I have five grown children and grandchildren. You are living and advertising for locations near Puerta Vallarta. Do you have information about places further North and still on the Pacific Coast? Are there other publications you can recommend? I am early in this process but reasonably certain i will do something. And it is that something i am searching for. Thanks for any help you can provide.,