View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Skeletons for Leo 10 hours ago Calacas for my grandson… From the streets, sidewalks, and windows of Oaxaca.
- An ofrenda prepared 1 day ago Visits to mercados in the city and Tlacolula have been made. Along with mandarinas and manzanas, cempasuchil and cresta de gallo have been purchased. Pan de muerto has been selected… A calaverita has been chosen… Mezcal and water have been poured, dishes of chocolate and salt prepared,...
- Images of muertos in Teotitlán del Valle 5 days ago Los disfuntos (the departed) are returning in less than a week. I’m sorting through photos for a friend who is giving a presentation at the Oaxaca Lending Library, on Día de los Muertos in Teotitlán del Valle, and realized I never got around to posting these…
- Your pain is my pain 1 week ago As an extranjera (foreigner), I can do nothing more than observe… report… and feel. Signs on the Alameda and zócalo this week.
- World Series Oaxaca connection 1 week ago Tonight, from the valley where corn was first cultivated, I’ll be watching my San Francisco Giants play game one of Major League Baseball’s, 2014 World Series. I was amazed to discover that one of San Francisco’s ace relief pitchers, Yusmeiro Petit, the Giants’ do-everything man, played for...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.