View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- It's beginning... 3 days ago In between the virgin days, it’s beginning to look a lot like Navidad in Oaxaca… Piñatas on high at Mercado Benito Juárez.
- Guadalupe is everywhere 6 days ago Today is Guadalupe’s feast day. This Queen of Mexico, Empress of America, and patron saint of Mexico is being celebrated all over Mexico and, apparently for the first time in Vatican history, today Pope Francis to Say Mass in Honor of the Virgin of Guadalupe. In Mexico, it’s not just a...
- If you are in town... 1 week ago As a background to the December 12, Fiesta a la Virgen de Guadalupe performance of the Danza de la Pluma in Teotitlán del Valle, mañana (Dec. 10, 2014) at 5:00 PM at the Oaxaca Lending Library, Chris (of Oaxaca-The Year After fame) and I are doing a presentation about the Danza de la Pluma in...
- Wordless language of dance 1 week ago Along with blogger buddy Chris, I’ve been immersed in putting together a presentation for the Oaxaca Lending Library on the Danza de la Pluma, as it’s performed in Teotitlán del Valle. On the superficial level, the Danza relates the story of the Conquest. But, as is the genius of art, it...
- Textile treasures from the highlands 2 weeks ago Last Friday, I walked over to the B&B, El Diablo y la Sandía and walked into the highlands of Chiapas. It was the first of a 3-day expoventa of textiles by El Camino de los Altos and Chamuchic, two weaving collectives from Chiapas. Their colors and designs are sophisticated and I wanted them...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.