View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Two hours in Oaxaca 1 day ago
- Dancing in the dark 4 days ago For the past six months, the zócalo has played reluctant host to a game of “now you seem them, now you don’t” by the ambulantes (unlicensed vendors) who are “attached” to Sección 22 of the teachers who have been occupying the zócalo since the summer. During that time,...
- New neighbor 1 week ago A nuevo vecino arrived in the neighborhood a few days ago… And, I’m guessing, he’s not happy.
- I found "Queen" 1 week ago Besides skeletons, my grandson is obsessed with the movie Cars. While I was visiting, catastrophe struck (at least, in the mind of an almost 3-year old) — one of his Lightning McQueen cars disappeared! Leo, I think I found “Queen” — alive and well and parked on Calle Matamoros.
- Sounds & sights of Oaxaca 2 weeks ago Ahhh, it feels good to be back in the warm and wonderful Oaxaca. There are the sounds… I awake to church bells, followed by the loudspeaker cry of “Gas de Oaxaca” from the propane vendor. Last night, as I was heading to bed, rockets exploded and, just now, the camote man’s steam...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.