View From Casita Colibrí
Latest Blog Posts »
- Splashes of color amidst the gray 2 days ago From this morning’s walk in Teotitlán del Valle… Splashes of color on a gray, rainy season, Sunday.
- Beach boys of San Agustinillo 4 days ago Don’t be afraid to try the greatest sport around Everybody tries it once Those who don’t just have to put it down You paddle out turn around and raise And baby that’s all there is to the coastline craze You gotta catch a wave and you’re sittin’ on top of the world Not just a […]
- Up into the clouds 1 week ago Having lived most of my life with the Pacific Ocean fifteen minutes to the west and the San Francisco Bay five minutes to the east, I never thought I could live where I was landlocked. But here I am, living in Oaxaca de Juárez, a city nestled in a valley surrounded by rugged mountain ranges,...
- Faces of Oaxaca in B&W 1 week ago After a visit to Centro Fotográfico Manuel Álvarez Bravo, I’m seeing the color of Oaxaca in black and white… “To see in color is a delight for the eye but to see in black and white is a delight for the soul.” – Andri Cauldwell
- Independence Day 2 weeks ago Is it cheating to post photos from the 2013 Mexican Independence Day desfile in Oaxaca? What can I say? It was raining today and, if it counts for anything, I never got around to posting these photos last year. However, I do have some news from this year: The state police staged a protest...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on View From Casita Colibrí
22:38 PM April 12, 2013
You are charming my socks off.
20:34 PM August 07, 2013
Excellent blog about Oaxacan culture! I never miss a post--really beautiful photos and insight.