Latest Blog Posts »
- Garage Entrances In Vienna 1 day ago Garage entrances in Vienna tip quickly into abstraction, a testament to how important design is to the overall fabric of the city.
- Art Nouveau Buildings In Vienna 2 days ago Vienna is famous for a fabulous art, architecture and design period, dating from about the turn of the 20th century. Art Nouveau or Jugendstil and a Secessionist movement all intertwined and left their mark on the city.The Secessionist Building, an 1897 art exhibition place created to serve the...
- Bethaus At Altes AKH University In Vienna 3 days ago There's a small, post-modern Jewish prayer house on the campus at Atles university in Vienna, just an understated structure among the many academic buildings and quads that make up the urban campus.Of course, its history is anything but understated. The prayer house was built in 1903, for use by...
- Peering At The Paintings At Vienna's Kunsthistorisches Museum 4 days ago The main Vienna art museum is filled with lovely paintings, displayed in a sometimes dramatic manner. The medium is the message? Time to take a look.Losing one's head over Caravaggio.Reaching for Raphael.Viewing Vermeer.Dancing With Bruegel.
- Votivkirche (Votive Church), Vienna 5 days ago How do you reward yourself for surviving an assassination attempt? If you were Franz Joseph I in 1853, you'd build a giant church. We guess you're feeling lucky and want to see it.The Votivkirsche, completed in 1879 in the neo-Gothic style. Part of the cityscape and also dominating the square where...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Hello Talalay has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!