Start The Evolution Without Me!
Latest Blog Posts »
- Two Ingredient Goodness .... and a Step Back In Time 2 months ago Those of us who grew up in the 50′s and 60′s remember, with fondness, the ubiquitous Icebox Cakes. From what little information I’ve been able to find, Icebox cakes became popular in this country in the 20′s and 30′s … Continue reading →
- Final Preparations for the Posada for the Nestipac Ancianos are Underway 4 months ago Phyllis, Kathi, and I are preparing for the Christmas posada for the old folks in Nestipac, Jocotepec, Jalisco, which is to take place this upcoming Wednesday, 11 December 2013. Kathi has done an inordinate amount of work on this since … Continue reading →
- Looking for the Wildflowers...and Finding Something More 5 months ago A couple of weeks ago, my friend Kathi and I went around the high hills (or low mountains, depending on your perspective) to the the north of Jocotepec to see if there were any wildflowers showing themselves. It was rather … Continue reading →
- Tonala tianguis 6 months ago Tonala is another one of those Guadalajara “municipalities” that actually sit within the city of Guad itself. In the United States, large cities have suburbs and exurbs, both of which primarily exist on the outskirts of the city. But Guad … Continue reading →
- Photos.....Admit it, you want to see some! 6 months ago I know that one of the things that folks like on blogs are photos. I haven’t taken any new ones lately because my camera is not working, but I did realize that I have some that you may not have … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mexico Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Mexico!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Start The Evolution Without Me!
15:00 PM October 13, 2012
I absolutely Love this Blog!! I've never wanted to go to Mexico, but after reading about all the places that are written about, I want too. I love the fact that the author doesn't write about the "normal" touristy places in Mexico. I can't wait for the next "Home Town" parade or eatery or store she takes us to. I love her style of writing, I know when I read it I will have a sense of joy that all is right in the world...at least it is in Mexico.
01:28 AM October 14, 2012
Barb, who writes most of the blogs there, has an engaging way of expressing where she visits and what she sees. The stories of her travels are well written and paint a picture that makes one feel like they've been there along with Barb. After reading these entries one feels like Mexico would be a great place to visit, despite what one may see or read in the media. She portrays Mexico as it really is. I enjoy her blogs and look forward to each and every one.
03:14 AM October 14, 2012
Great blog. Great writing and absolutely great photos of the real mexico. I definitely recommend to others. Yes, it should WIN!
04:08 AM October 14, 2012
Been following this blog for quiote some time and it is where I come to get my Mexico fix. Lots of colorful pictures and prose. Especally enjoy hearing about the poolboy/handyman/goto guy for just about everything.
14:34 PM October 14, 2012
I love the writing style of this blogger and follow it regularly. She takes you into the everyday life of what it is like to live in Mexico and the people who live there, both Mexican and expats. She takes you to places off the beaten path and introduces the "real" Mexico as opposed to what the media and travel brochures will tell you. The pictures are wonderful and the topics are varied making it a blog that I look forward to with each posting. She is a great storyteller and her wit brings a smile to my face each and every time!