Hai from Shanghai
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Mystery of the Nanjing Ooze 2 days ago The Mystery of the Nanjing Ooze
- "Not for the faint of heart or weak of bladder, Wang Bing’s two-and-a-half-hour “Three Sisters”..." 1 week ago “Not for the faint of heart or weak of bladder, Wang Bing’s two-and-a-half-hour “Three Sisters” documents extreme poverty in rural China with the compassionate eye and inexhaustible patience of a director whose curiosity about his country’s unfortunates never seems to...
- Hard Knocks: Shanghai 2 weeks ago Hard Knocks: Shanghai: Can the NFL plant its flag in China?
- China's 'Iron Man 3' Release Aided By Local Talent And Footage 3 weeks ago China's 'Iron Man 3' Release Aided By Local Talent And Footage: When superhero film “Iron Man 3” makes its Chinese debut, it will include top Chinese actress Fan Bingbing and some footage shot inside China - additions aimed at tapping into the country’s lucrative and booming...
- Luoyang entrepreneur erects a statue of himself as Buddha 4 weeks ago Luoyang entrepreneur erects a statue of himself as Buddha: Yep, seriously.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 19 reviews on Hai from Shanghai
17:03 PM October 13, 2012
Very funny blog! Read it quick before the Chinese sensors catch on!
17:51 PM October 13, 2012
Hilarious Blog, witty and razor sharp observations! If you share in the often redonkulous adventures of a an expat in China, this is your go-to blog for laughs!
16:06 PM October 14, 2012
This man is hilarious. Read this ****.
17:28 PM October 14, 2012
Funny anecdotes and links to relevant news stories, posts just the right amount. Good stuff!
00:47 AM October 15, 2012
love the photos and acerbic commentary
03:45 AM October 15, 2012
Why there's no 6 stars option? I am so sad! hahahahaha, Nice blog even though some english words made me quite lost:)
17:54 PM October 15, 2012
Even those who have never even been remotely close to China will get a huge kick out of this blog.
19:13 PM October 15, 2012
I absolutely LOVE reading this blog! Funny, witty and full of laughs!
20:09 PM October 15, 2012
Clever funny twists with his words, and Michael sets the scene for his adventures and stories well.
23:08 PM October 15, 2012
Michael's blog is the most insightful, witty and brilliant depiction of life in Shanghai I've ever seen! His commentary, photos and astute observations are extraordinary! Keep up the great work, Michael! I look forward to your next posting!
04:30 AM October 16, 2012
Insightful and very funny at the same time -- and great photos!!
04:51 AM October 16, 2012
A good eye for irony, and great photos!
03:18 AM October 20, 2012
What a wonderful combination of humor, irony, and purpose!
06:24 AM October 21, 2012
Very clever, thoroughly enjoyable, and great photos!
16:04 PM October 21, 2012
Awesome blog. I keep up with it regularly and enjoy the interesting links and news. Personal stories are definitely my favorite!
15:51 PM October 27, 2012
As a fellow Expat, it's certainly interesting to see how other Expats are doing in Shanghai. Your writing is wonderful, as always.
13:19 PM December 03, 2012
01:53 AM December 04, 2012
I can't imagine any other expat blog to be as insightful, observant, and out-and-out hilarious as Hai from Shanghai. Having recently visited Shanghai and Lijiang, I've found this blog to be more rewarding than ever. Yes, why can't I check 6 stars!
22:57 PM December 06, 2012