Hai from Shanghai
Latest Blog Posts »
- "Super sexy, summertime anti-pervert full-leg-of-hair... 1 year ago “Super sexy, summertime anti-pervert full-leg-of-hair stockings, essential for all young girls going out.”
- theatlantic: How Memes Became the Best Weapon Against Chinese... 1 year ago theatlantic: How Memes Became the Best Weapon Against Chinese Internet Censorship China’s censors are blocking words like “today” and “June 4” from social media as part of the country’s yearly chore to block any reference to the anniversary to the Tiananmen Square massacre 24 years...
- Does Beijing's new People's Daily building remind you of anything? 1 year ago Does Beijing's new People's Daily building remind you of anything?: I’m a little late to the game with this one, but I couldn’t not post it. Even the URL is funny…
- The Mystery of the Nanjing Ooze 2 years ago The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10cThings May Be Bad, But at Least We Can't Chew Our Airwww.thedailyshow.comDaily Show Full EpisodesIndecision Political HumorThe Daily Show on FacebookThe Mystery of the Nanjing Ooze
- "Not for the faint of heart or weak of bladder, Wang Bing's two-and-a-half-hour "Three Sisters"..." 2 years ago “Not for the faint of heart or weak of bladder, Wang Bing’s two-and-a-half-hour “Three Sisters” documents extreme poverty in rural China with the compassionate eye and inexhaustible patience of a director whose curiosity about his country’s unfortunates never seems to wane. Filming for...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 19 reviews on Hai from Shanghai
17:03 PM October 13, 2012
Very funny blog! Read it quick before the Chinese sensors catch on!
17:51 PM October 13, 2012
Hilarious Blog, witty and razor sharp observations! If you share in the often redonkulous adventures of a an expat in China, this is your go-to blog for laughs!
16:06 PM October 14, 2012
This man is hilarious. Read this ****.
17:28 PM October 14, 2012
Funny anecdotes and links to relevant news stories, posts just the right amount. Good stuff!
00:47 AM October 15, 2012
love the photos and acerbic commentary
03:45 AM October 15, 2012
Why there's no 6 stars option? I am so sad! hahahahaha, Nice blog even though some english words made me quite lost:)
17:54 PM October 15, 2012
Even those who have never even been remotely close to China will get a huge kick out of this blog.
19:13 PM October 15, 2012
I absolutely LOVE reading this blog! Funny, witty and full of laughs!
20:09 PM October 15, 2012
Clever funny twists with his words, and Michael sets the scene for his adventures and stories well.
23:08 PM October 15, 2012
Michael's blog is the most insightful, witty and brilliant depiction of life in Shanghai I've ever seen! His commentary, photos and astute observations are extraordinary! Keep up the great work, Michael! I look forward to your next posting!
04:30 AM October 16, 2012
Insightful and very funny at the same time -- and great photos!!
04:51 AM October 16, 2012
A good eye for irony, and great photos!
03:18 AM October 20, 2012
What a wonderful combination of humor, irony, and purpose!
06:24 AM October 21, 2012
Very clever, thoroughly enjoyable, and great photos!
16:04 PM October 21, 2012
Awesome blog. I keep up with it regularly and enjoy the interesting links and news. Personal stories are definitely my favorite!
15:51 PM October 27, 2012
As a fellow Expat, it's certainly interesting to see how other Expats are doing in Shanghai. Your writing is wonderful, as always.
13:19 PM December 03, 2012
01:53 AM December 04, 2012
I can't imagine any other expat blog to be as insightful, observant, and out-and-out hilarious as Hai from Shanghai. Having recently visited Shanghai and Lijiang, I've found this blog to be more rewarding than ever. Yes, why can't I check 6 stars!
22:57 PM December 06, 2012