Latest Blog Posts »
- One of the most adorable hill towns in Italy 8 hours ago Urbino in Le Marche had its heyday in the Renaissance, and its appearance hasn’t changed much since then. For this reason Urbino is often considered one of the most adorable hill towns in Italy. Urbino in Le Marche Even since I first saw Raphael’s mischievous ‘Cherubini’ and other lovely...
- Pasta with artichokes 4 days ago Pasta with artichokes is one of those easy dishes that serve as homemade fastfood. Tagliatelle ai carciofini All you need to produce a gorgeous sauce for tagliatelle pasta are some fresh artichokes, a little white wine and a fistfull of grated pecorino. Ingredients 8 small artichokes 100 ml white...
- Unesco World Heritage in Lombardy 1 week ago Unesco World Heritage in Lombardy lists Crespi d’Adda as an ‘outstanding example of the 19th- and early 20th-century ‘company towns’. And the quiet, ordinary town of ordinary lives in the early 20th century is not an ordinary tourist site. The company town Crespi d’Adda We had gone...
- Hummus with herbs 1 week ago Ceci al pesto Hummus with herbs provides a nice variation over the traditional chickpea spread that goes well with Italian plates of mixed antipasti. Hummus with tahin forms part of the Middle Eastern culinary tradition, but Italian peasants have always been fond of pastes made from dried beans,...
- The lion of Venice 2 weeks ago As a symbol of power and leadership the lion of Venice guards Piazza di San Marco from the top of a granite column. But the intimidating big cats can be found all over the city. As one of the four evangelists, Saint Mark has always been associated with the power and elevation of the winged...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Italian Notes
09:08 AM October 12, 2012
This is truly an excellent blog that offers so much variety and wonderful, unique insights about so many aspects of Italy. I love sharing her posts on FB.
09:46 AM October 12, 2012
Always interesting - the Italy photos and delicious food posts are wonderful.
12:55 PM October 12, 2012
Really enjoyed this, and would love to invite you Mette to our family inn, the Locanda Toscanini in Southern Tuscany, near the Fonteverde Spa in San Casciano dei Bagni. Look us up and come visit! Ciao for now. CW
06:41 AM October 15, 2012
This is one of my go-to blogs for an Italy fix. I love learning all about the off the grid Italian towns. The site is well laid out with beautiful pictures. The food posts and recipes are awesome!
16:27 PM October 22, 2012
I regularly drool when reading this blog - the recipes are fab, and the photography's lovely too.
17:58 PM November 21, 2012
I love Mette's blog. Her posts are short but jammed pack full of information and history that you wouldn't find in a guide book. I also love the recipe section of her blog. It frequently inspires my dinner.