Latest Blog Posts »
- Hunting for the white truffle from Alba 2 weeks ago The post Hunting for the white truffle from Alba appeared first on Italian Notes.
- Dried fruit strudel from Assisi 2 weeks ago Dried fruit strudel is a traditional cake from Umbria, which can be traced back to pre-Roman times. But it is still highly popular and one of the joys of the winter season. Rocciata di Assisi There is nothing rocky about the dried fruit strudel in spite of the formal Italian name ‘rocciata’....
- Following the herd 3 weeks ago Up until the World War II shepherds moved their sheep over vast areas of land with the seasons. Their paths have been preserved and one of them runs through Bojano in Molise. Transhumance through Bojano in Molise It was during our seasonal movement between summer and winter pastures, we...
- Savoy cabbage rolls with ricotta 3 weeks ago Small packages of food hold a strange attraction. Like these savoy cabbage rolls with ricotta and endive filling. The post Savoy cabbage rolls with ricotta appeared first on Italian Notes.
- One of the most adorable hill towns in Italy 3 weeks ago Urbino in Le Marche had its heyday in the Renaissance, and its appearance hasn’t changed much since then. For this reason Urbino is often considered one of the most adorable hill towns in Italy. Urbino in Le Marche Even since I first saw Raphael’s mischievous ‘Cherubini’ and other lovely...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Italian Notes
09:08 AM October 12, 2012
This is truly an excellent blog that offers so much variety and wonderful, unique insights about so many aspects of Italy. I love sharing her posts on FB.
09:46 AM October 12, 2012
Always interesting - the Italy photos and delicious food posts are wonderful.
12:55 PM October 12, 2012
Really enjoyed this, and would love to invite you Mette to our family inn, the Locanda Toscanini in Southern Tuscany, near the Fonteverde Spa in San Casciano dei Bagni. Look us up and come visit! Ciao for now. CW
06:41 AM October 15, 2012
This is one of my go-to blogs for an Italy fix. I love learning all about the off the grid Italian towns. The site is well laid out with beautiful pictures. The food posts and recipes are awesome!
16:27 PM October 22, 2012
I regularly drool when reading this blog - the recipes are fab, and the photography's lovely too.
17:58 PM November 21, 2012
I love Mette's blog. Her posts are short but jammed pack full of information and history that you wouldn't find in a guide book. I also love the recipe section of her blog. It frequently inspires my dinner.