The 10KJUAN Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- The 10kMen of 2013: A Year in Review - Part I 2 months ago It’s been just over 9 months since my last blog entry, ‘Getting Outside of your Comfort Zone‘ – a post I apparently took to heart as I abandoned the comforts of my blog and took my talents to Twitter, Time Out SP, teaching and tons of São Paulo’s watering holes. As for the rest of […]
- GETTING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE (AND KEEPING UP WITH THE BRITOS) 11 months ago “If we would’ve told you everything, you probably wouldn’t have done it. But I knew you wouldn’t crap your pants. Pee your pants maybe, but not crap.” -Mateus, moments after reaching our 2nd campsite en route to Teresópolis “You only ever grow as a human being if you’re outside...
- SHARING BEER AND HAPPINESS IN BRAZIL 1 year ago Knee-deep in the Ecuador leg of my three-week holiday vaca, I felt a void on many nights when out with family and friends, both new and old. But It wasn’t until my uncle broke out his Johnnie Walker stash to lift our Christmas spirits, both literally and figuratively, that it hit me – I missed...
- CHOOSING A BRAZILIAN SOCCER TEAM, PART IV- The Decision 1 year ago “Dude, anyone but Corinthians. If you pick Corinthians, start looking for somewhere else to live.” -My housemate Mateus, a Cruzeiro supporter, May 2012 AS THE STONES ONCE SAID, you can’t always get what you want. Time and time again, we aim high and settle for something less. It’s not...
- THE HELLISH ROUTE TO MORRO DE SÃO PAULO 1 year ago “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea THE DAY you find yourself in Salvador, you’ll be too close to avoid the gravitational pull of the island paradise known as Morro […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The 10KJUAN Blog
17:56 PM December 07, 2012
For me this blog has it all: it is fun, informative and optimistic all at the same time...the thing that sets it apart from the rest is the way Juan is able to tell a story. Hopefully an award would inspire a lot more blogs of a similar high quality in the future.