Latest Blog Posts »
- A Yucatan Tradition: Making Pib for Day of the Dead 6 days ago For Day of the Dead, Mexicans set up altars in their homes so their deceased loved ones can come by to eat and drink. In the state of Yucatan, they make a special dish known as “mucbipollo”, “pibipollo” or simply “pib”, some of which is set on the Day of the Dead altars [...]
- Foodie Paradise at Taste of Playa 2013 2 weeks ago Jorge and I don’t have the most “sophisticated palates” (a term for all the foodies out there). At our house, we eat a lot of quesadillas, sandwiches, cereal, fruit and salads. Our oven is used exclusively for storing tupperware. We (ok, “I”) spend a significant portion of our food budget...
- Cancun Art Right Under My Nose 3 months ago Anyone who lives in Cancun knows that locals love nothing better than to complain about how little culture the city has to offer. We’re only 40 years old, and the entire state of Quintana Roo used to only be populated by a few scattered Mayan villages. Over 90% of Cancun residents are originally...
- Fish Fritanga: Authentic Mexican Seafood in Cancun 2 months ago I’ve been gone from the blog awhile… lots of work, lots of trips, but now I’m back. It looks like I have finally caught up on all my work. (Famous last words, amiright?) If you want to catch up on what I’ve been doing, I post mostly to my CancunGringa Instagram account now. [...]
- Ceviche and Sunsets on Isla Mujeres 4 months ago Work is fiiiinally starting to slow down, and I’m back to share some more of my adventures with you guys! Two weeks ago, Jorge and I got to go to Isla Mujeres with some friends for a fun Sunday afternoon. The other two couples with us weren’t as familiar with the island as we were, [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mexico Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Mexico!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Gringation Cancun
19:37 PM November 13, 2012
Very well written, very enjoyable, and very professional. One of the best.