Latest Blog Posts »
- A Gringo's Guide to Being on Time in Mexico 2 days ago Arriving at social gatherings in Mexico is a true art form. For Mexicans, it comes naturally. They know exactly when to show up for parties, coffee dates, dinners, etc without offending anyone or being offended by others. For expats, we need a few years of careful cultural study before we finally...
- A Cancun-Style Fairytale 3 weeks ago In summer 2005, I left my family and friends behind. At age 19 I had moved to Cancun, a place where I didn’t know anybody. My first memory of the city is riding in a van from the airport to the downtown bus station. The van passed through the entire length of the [...]
- Snorkeling Adventure in Tankah Cenote 3 weeks ago Snorkeling used to terrify me. I would put my face under the water and instantly feel like I was being suffocated. Maybe that’s what claustrophobia feels like? But living in the Cancun and Riviera Maya area, you have to get over your fear of snorkeling if you want to have any [...]
- Fenix Beach Club on North Beach Isla Mujeres 4 weeks ago On the same day that we did the Seawalls mural tour of downtown Isla Mujeres, we also spent the afternoon at Fenix Beach Club! It was my first time there, and I was absolutely in love. Fenix is located on the northern end of North Beach (by the bridge to the Mia hotel), and [...]
- Color and Culture on Isla Mujeres 3 months ago It’s no secret to my friends that I love bright colors. My wardrobe is mostly teals, greens, oranges and hot pinks. So when we saw pictures from the Sea Walls project on Isla Mujeres, my friends and I just had to go! Sunday morning, I went with Jorge and my [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mexico Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Mexico!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Gringation Cancun
19:37 PM November 13, 2012
Very well written, very enjoyable, and very professional. One of the best.