Latest Blog Posts »
- Why I Can't Compete with Mexican Women 3 months ago My first clue was 9 years ago at university here in Cancun. In 1st semester, my Mexican classmates would frequently ask me, “Laura, where are your earrings?” “Laura, why didn’t you do your hair today?” “Laura, why do you have huge bags under your eyes?” So for the past 9 years, [...]
- A Gringo's Guide to Being on Time in Mexico 2 months ago Arriving at social gatherings in Mexico is a true art form. For Mexicans, it comes naturally. They know exactly when to show up for parties, coffee dates, dinners, etc without offending anyone or being offended by others. For expats, we need a few years of careful cultural study before we finally...
- A Cancun-Style Fairytale 4 months ago In summer 2005, I left my family and friends behind. At age 19 I had moved to Cancun, a place where I didn’t know anybody. My first memory of the city is riding in a van from the airport to the downtown bus station. The van passed through the entire length of the [...]
- Snorkeling Adventure in Tankah Cenote 4 months ago Snorkeling used to terrify me. I would put my face under the water and instantly feel like I was being suffocated. Maybe that’s what claustrophobia feels like? But living in the Cancun and Riviera Maya area, you have to get over your fear of snorkeling if you want to have any [...]
- Fenix Beach Club on North Beach Isla Mujeres 4 months ago On the same day that we did the Seawalls mural tour of downtown Isla Mujeres, we also spent the afternoon at Fenix Beach Club! It was my first time there, and I was absolutely in love. Fenix is located on the northern end of North Beach (by the bridge to the Mia hotel), and [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mexico Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Mexico!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Gringation Cancun
19:37 PM November 13, 2012
Very well written, very enjoyable, and very professional. One of the best.