The Three Wise Monkeys
Latest Blog Posts »
- Can Ye Not Serve God and Mammon? 'Quo Vadis, Korean Megachurches?' 2 months ago By Donald Kirk The growth of megachurches worldwide is a global phenomenon, a mass movement in which thousands of individual churches or parishes each claim more than 2,000 members. The Full Gospel Church in Yoido is the world’s largest, with hundreds of thousands attending 10 or more services...
- The 'Former' French Concession in Shanghai 2 months ago By Jake Reed What comes to mind for the average person when they hear Shanghai? I asked a few of my coworkers and I received a series of answers ranging from “bustling” to “retard zombie apocalypse.” Others just couldn’t capture Shanghai with such brevity, and instead replied with...
- The Wonhyo Trail Project-Rebuilding One Monk's Path across Korea 2 months ago By Tony MacGregor Group works to establish Korea’s first sustainable pilgrimage trail to honor Wonhyo, historic, beloved monk A plan to establish a sustainable trans-peninsula pilgrimage trail to honor Korea’ most beloved and controversial monk took a step forward recently as project supporters...
- Looking at the Korean Uni Experience after 12 Years in the U.S. 2 months ago By Jun Won Lee How you look at it is pretty much how you’ll see it–Rasheed Ogunlaru Many of my American friends ask me about daily life in Korea, a place that has gone from one of the poorest countries in the world to the most dynamic over the past 50 years. Likewise, many people [...]
- Writing Against the Establishment's Grain-A Conversation with Bae Su-ah 2 months ago By Blackberry Finn Self-creation, experimentation, rejection of tradition and popular mass opinions and behaviors, even humanist philosophical positions—such make an individualist. Korean writer Bae Su-ah has stood for 20 years as an unrepentant individualist in a deeply nationalist and groupist...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on The Three Wise Monkeys
08:45 AM October 18, 2012
An interesting read that addresses issues related to Korea that many other blogs do not. Those that do cover similar material do not do so as eloquently as the three wise monkeys. It is clearly written and organised thus making it an enjoyable and relevant read to Expats in Korea such as myself.
01:33 AM December 09, 2012
3WM delivers diverse analysis of all that is going on in Korea and other locales in Asia. I don't know where else you'll see Lankov alongside a piece of Korean student writing. They do what most other publications balk at or pass on. I just wish they published more often.