The Three Wise Monkeys
Latest Blog Posts »
- Andrei Lankov on Sex in North Korea 6 months ago By Andrei Lankov When Communism still was a radical movement dominated by urban intellectuals, it took an unusually feminist position on many social issues. Early communists were skeptical of the patriarchic family (seen as a stronghold of reactionary views and a support mechanism for the old...
- The Eden Center: A Haven for Korea's Highly Gifted Kids 6 months ago By Hal Swindall Foreign teachers in Korea are all aware of the rigorous daily school schedules of Korean children, many of whom continue with extra study at private academies, or hakwons, by night. For most teachers, this is a sharp contrast to what we underwent at the same age, and we admire the...
- Korea is: One Long-Termer Says Farewell 6 months ago By John Kay Editor’s note: The author is a long-time 3WM contributor and friend who recently left Korea after years on the peninsula. His last piece for 3WM was “Cancer, Death and Samsung’s Semiconductor Factories.” Korea is… not having to say you’re sorry, unless you’re poor,...
- More Dangerous than a Racist Baboon- A Week with Eugenics 6 months ago By Marie Kulik At Least the Baboon Can’t Speak…, I have just spent the last week in the company of a disturbingly-senior-at-a-Multi-National man who believes in eugenics. I was tasked with looking after him for the duration of his trip to South Korea. Amongst the gems spouted within the...
- How About Some Steamed Silkworms? 번데기!! 6 months ago By Jen Lee Weird weather makes me feel weird. I am so not looking forward to the hotter months. I wish I stopped feeling weird. Despite my love for Korean food, I have been known to be terribly picky. As much as I adore most of the amazing street food this country has to offer, [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on The Three Wise Monkeys
08:45 AM October 18, 2012
An interesting read that addresses issues related to Korea that many other blogs do not. Those that do cover similar material do not do so as eloquently as the three wise monkeys. It is clearly written and organised thus making it an enjoyable and relevant read to Expats in Korea such as myself.
01:33 AM December 09, 2012
3WM delivers diverse analysis of all that is going on in Korea and other locales in Asia. I don't know where else you'll see Lankov alongside a piece of Korean student writing. They do what most other publications balk at or pass on. I just wish they published more often.