My Mexican Lawyer
Latest Blog Posts »
- Summary of Mexico's Immigration Rules Published in The Playa Times 11 months ago This past six months I have been less interactive with My Mexican Lawyer because I have been working hard on my law practice AND I have been working on a new project as well, The Playa Times. The Playa Times is an English-language community newspaper published weekly in Playa Del Carmen, Quintana...
- MyMexicanLawyer's Solomon Freimuth on a Huffpost Live Panel on Growth in Mexico 13 months ago Last week I was asked to appear on HuffPost Live to talk on a panel about recent immigration TO Mexico. It was an interesting experience and I would do it again if given the chance, although at first (as you will see on the video) I was somewhat nervous.
- My American plated vehicle is illegal in Mexico! What do I do? Help! 1 year ago Due to last year’s changes in the immigration laws in Mexico, lots of foreigners are, whether they realize it or not, now driving vehicles with imported temporary import permits and, as such, are subject to fines and confiscation of their vehicles. Why is my car illegal? The vehicle’s temporary...
- Getting a refund for payments made to immigration 1 year ago Due to some of the new INM rules, some immigration offices are requiring that the payment for new “tramites” be made at the start of the process, as opposed to the end of the process like was previously the case. Their logic is somewhat reasonable, based on how the law reads, although it has...
- Hiring employees and Mexico's new immigration rules - Employer Registration 1 year ago In the last few months since the INM rules have changed, I have gotten quite a few inquiries from Mexican companies, as well as individuals trying to be hired by Mexican companies, as to how the hiring process works according to the new immigration rules. Really, the process is simple, the employer...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on My Mexican Lawyer
13:33 PM January 06, 2014
Keep up the blog. I'm retiring in Mexico and doing all the legwork first. Have you considerd assisting people through the immigration process? Thanks Richard
20:59 PM January 30, 2014
I have to apply for permanent status soon. I have a TIP car . Am I able to drive this vehicle legally once I do the paperwork with immigration or do I have to stop driving right then. It may take a few months for immigration to get me my card. Am I still considered a temporary resident till then , and can still drive my car? Very confusing. Diane