Peace Corps - Life of Wendy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mourning the Loss of a Village Friend 2 years ago Today was a sad day full of tragic news. I woke up to my NYT alert on the San Francisco plane crash, and made a mental note how spooky it feels that I am due to take a flight on a similar route in a few weeks’ time. You just never know. Then, I ended […]
- Letter from Village 3 years ago It’s rare these days to receive a hand written letter. Once in a blue moon, I will receive a postcard from a friend traveling. But a legitimate hand-written letter? I haven’t received one of those in a long long while. But today, I received one. It was written in French, from my Cameroonian...
- Reverse Culture Shock: one year later. 4 years ago I left Cameroon just a little over a year ago. This year went by in a blur. Swoosh! and it was gone. As I reflect upon this past year, I begin to realize the impact that reverse culture shock had on me. People always say that it’s easier going into a new experience than coming […]
- 27 months of Peace Corps Cameroon 4 years ago Tomorrow on March 1st, Peace Corps will celebrate its 50th anniversary. What a milestone! There have been a flurry of activities to share experiences. It’s really incredible when you hear stories of the men and women that served in the early 1960’s. Peace Corps Cameroon has had its own share of...
- Literacy for All 5 years ago Last year’s International Literacy Day helped me spread an important message and bolstered support for the Books For Cameroon project. I received lots of positive responses on my post as to why I started the project and why I value literacy. Here we are one year later, and the project lives on. I...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Peace Corps - Life of Wendy has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!