Emma's House in Portugal.
Latest Blog Posts »
- fire 2 months ago 18 000 kms away, I’m woken up by a call from my sister to tell me a friend in Portugal says I should check on my house because it’s in the path of huge fires. It’s 10.30am on Sunday 18th June. I open my laptop and while downloading my emails I check the news: the Continue reading
- the wookie 2 years ago I always wanted a chihuahua that I could call chewy, as in chewbacca. A big name for a small dog. But when my neighbours turned up on my doorstep one morning carrying a hairy little two-toned brown puppy I knew that he was my dog. My wookie. He was far too young to be taken Continue reading
- nazaré: a day trip 2 years ago I often get asked to rustle up an itinerary for bright people who have chosen Portugal as their holiday destination, as many expats do I’m sure. It’s like putting together a degustation of dishes, some standards well done, some wildcards. It requires boiling down the entire country into an...
- where to live 2 years ago How much you have to spend will be the main driver on this question, because naturally, the more you have the more choice there is. I’m certainly not saying that you want to live where the property is the most expensive – hell no – quite probably the area with the highest property values is...
- adventures may not always turn out the way you expect them to, but they are still adventures, 2 years ago Kevin McCloud said, at the end of Man Made Home. Inevitably this blog would have something to say on the subject of Kevin McCloud, Grand Designs and Man Made Homes. I only vaguely recall Grand Designs being around before I bought my house in Portugal. Back then it was a show whose principal theme...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Emma's House in Portugal.
21:44 PM October 20, 2013
Really in depth understanding and love of rural Portugal and how the people live. Great character, hard working and completely unselfish. Love it.