Latest Blog Posts »
- Rebooting 2 months ago I type this from my bed, right foot raised on several pillows. A moment’s inattention on unaccustomed high heels and uneven cobblestones turned my foot to the side and left me with a fracture at the base of my 5th metatarsal. Ouch. And arse. Not the start to the new year that I had been […]
- Winter on the way 3 months ago As seems to be the way, autumn has been glorious here in Asturias and the good weather has persisted right into January. Last Sunday 8th January I made the most of the infinitely clear skies and sunshine and got out with friends for a big hike in the mountains. With 800 metres of ascent and […]
- Treehouse 3 months ago One of the many things I love about Asturias is that vast swathes of deciduous woodland adorn so much of it. Beautiful to look at, especially in autumn when they put on an extended fiery show, they also provide wondrous places for hiking and great opportunities for foraging. And if you happen to be...
- A late autumn weekend in the Picos 4 months ago When you live in paradise the temptation can be to stay put but every now and then the urge to stray a little further afield still sneaks up on us. It doesn’t have to be very far, there are plenty of spectacular places to visit within just a couple of hours drive and, let’s face […]
- And we're back..... 5 months ago Two years ago to the day I published a post entitled ‘Renovating Houses’. It opened with a stark statement: ‘Somebody please shoot me if I threaten to buy another house that needs renovation’. And then I more-or-less disappeared from this blog. Yup. We only went and did it again....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Asturian Diary
13:23 PM November 05, 2012
I love reading this blog about climbing and camping trips, life in the countryside, and the curious customs of Asturias, which although it's in the same country as where I live, sometimes seems like another world.
14:24 PM November 05, 2012
Great insight into this beautiful area of northern Spain. Lovely photos and articles :) I always look forward to what the next post will be about.