Latest Blog Posts »
- Sunday Photo - a rainy day in Asturias 3 months ago Storm Hugo is currently battering most of Spain, Asturias included. Up high (above 800m) the precipitation is depositing as heavy snow and drifts. Below this height the rain-laden sky blocks out the views of the snowy peaks and muffles the usually vibrant landscape to a dull and lifeless...
- Rolling your 'R's 1 year ago Having exhausted the delights of ‘I spy’ and ‘I went to market’, we were passing the time on a long car journey with some ‘trabalenguas'; Spanish tongue twisters. A game certain to challenge and amuse in equal proportions in a car carrying one native speaker (our seven year old son) and...
- Vida normal 1 year ago ‘Vida normal’. ‘Normal life’ might not sound that exciting but after two months of enforced sitting around, the consultant’s words were music to my ears. That was on Tuesday. By the weekend I was walking down a scree slope with the aid of two walking poles. Normal life means different...
- Rebooting 1 year ago I type this from my bed, right foot raised on several pillows. A moment’s inattention on unaccustomed high heels and uneven cobblestones turned my foot to the side and left me with a fracture at the base of my 5th metatarsal. Ouch. And arse. Not the start to the new year that I had been […]
- Winter on the way 1 year ago As seems to be the way, autumn has been glorious here in Asturias and the good weather has persisted right into January. Last Sunday 8th January I made the most of the infinitely clear skies and sunshine and got out with friends for a big hike in the mountains. With 800 metres of ascent and […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Asturian Diary
13:23 PM November 05, 2012
I love reading this blog about climbing and camping trips, life in the countryside, and the curious customs of Asturias, which although it's in the same country as where I live, sometimes seems like another world.
14:24 PM November 05, 2012
Great insight into this beautiful area of northern Spain. Lovely photos and articles :) I always look forward to what the next post will be about.