Latest Blog Posts »
- Me... revisited 3 days ago In July 2012 Alpine Family, then a somewhat smaller unit than we are now, embarked on a new adventure: giving up hectic London life for a new start in the French Alps. It was a temporary move – I had … Continue reading →
- Conversations with Alpine Mummy 5 months ago I used to be an intelligent and intelligible grown-up. I used to have intelligent, intelligible conversations, with other like-minded grown-ups. Honest. “What is the likelihood of the provisions of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 applying to … Continue...
- Here there's always cake 6 months ago A little ditty for Alpine Papa, to explain why the house is always so chaotic when he comes home from work, and why our waistlines are ever-increasing… Now please don’t moan or shout at me, please don’t have a stress, … Continue reading →
- Eat, Poo, Love 6 months ago Well Alpine Baby is here! Our beautiful girl made her way into the world at the end of March, bringing with her a sense of family completeness, total happiness, and constant sleeplessness. She’s already a true Daddy’s Girl – with … Continue reading →
- The nine circles of hell (otherwise known as... pregnancy) 9 months ago As Alpine Papa will attest, I am not very good at being pregnant. Not at all. You know those people who glow their way through pregnancy like a sunbeam, with nothing to slow them down except too much damn gushing about … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 17 reviews on Alpine Mummy
01:47 AM November 02, 2012
I have been following the Alpine Mummy blog from the start and love the witty observations and tales of life in the Alps. The amazing photos and stories make me want to jump on the next plane out there!
08:24 AM November 02, 2012
Alpine Mummy's blog is witty, concise and provides a great insight to her life in the mountains. Being on maternity leave myself I love hearing what is happening and look forward to the next post. I subscribe to other blogs which are not as honest in their opinions or detail their experiences like this. Always a great read! What will happen when her maternity leave ends I wonder? I look forward to following her journey.
09:41 AM November 02, 2012
The trials and tribulations of parenthood, changing a lifestyle, and changing a country all rolled into a brilliant blog. Funny, poignant, truthful. There's some Alpine Mummy in all of us.
13:10 PM November 02, 2012
Alpine mummy's blog is great, exciting and funny. I've been reading the blog since she started and i always found that great. Lovely photos and well written. Hope she continues!
15:26 PM November 02, 2012
Always so entertaining! A really fantastic, honest and witty blog.
22:18 PM November 02, 2012
Top notch stuff! I can smell the cheesy fridge from here....
22:36 PM November 02, 2012
A laugh-out-loud funny blog that tells the good side and bad of life in the alps. And can't be bad for the French economy either as everytime I read it I want to go and buy French cheese!
10:11 AM November 03, 2012
Never fails to bring a smile to my face and makes me pine for the delights of family life in the mountains. Alpine Papa adds to the text with some excellent photography. Beautifully written.
15:44 PM November 03, 2012
Fantastically written hilarious blog about the trials and tribulations of moving the family from London to the alps!
20:43 PM November 06, 2012
Great blog! Well written and tells it like it is about a starting an expat life in a polar opposite to London. I'm jealous!
20:48 PM November 06, 2012
Really makes me laugh when I am sitting on a packed bus in dreary London weather wishing I was in the Alps instead. I always look forward to the next instalment.
21:54 PM November 06, 2012
Thank you for your beautiful blog. Makes me want to live in France. Hold on ... I live in France. Keep going.
10:20 AM November 07, 2012
As a busy mummy myself I never have enough free time to read blogs but I always make time for this one! Beautifully written & makes me laugh - thank you!
07:55 AM December 04, 2012
Alpine Mummy's blog always makes me smile, stinky cheese and bars or chocolate ahhh thats the life, very well written!
18:17 PM December 08, 2012
Alpine Mummy's frank, funny and fabulously written tales of family life in the mountains never fail to whisk me away from the hustle and bustle of London and my daily brush with the corporate monkey, transporting me and my imagination to the open spaces of the Alps, the scary-but-exciting adventure of starting life somewhere new, and the chaotic nature of family life that is the same the world over. The discovery of the chocolate shop sounded like the stuff of dreams. Please keep feeding us with tales from the hills!
21:09 PM December 08, 2012
Always entertaining, her stories really brighten up my day. Her blog is saved to my favourites and I love seeing when a new post comes out. Alpine Mummy is an engaging writer and I can't wait to hear what she does next- as well as how the family fares in the Alps in the winter!
09:31 AM December 10, 2012
Alpine mummy achieves a perfect balance, her posts are witty, hilarious and touching at once. Who else can make you laugh on a Monday morning after "overrunning engineering work" ensured you wouldn't escape commute-hell. City lawyers sure do know how to captivate an audience! Loving every posts, thanks for sharing the happiness.