Latest Blog Posts »
- 11 Things Never to Admit to Your Kids 11 months ago I’m not one of those parents who routinely ‘lie’ to their kids to keep them in order. Not out of any sense of moral wellbeing, but mainly just because I’m no damn good at it. Lying, that is. (Or keeping … Continue reading →
- Broken... 11 months ago I’m going to have to keep this short (hush there, with your loud sighs of relief, please), as I’m typing one-handed. This is not because I’m changing a nappy or wiping noses at the same time (for once). Nor is … Continue reading →
- Alpine Mummy's Motherhood Challenge 1 year ago I must say, I have been very surprised not to have been nominated by ANY of my Facebook friends for the pervasive yet insidious Motherhood Challenge. I’m hoping this is because they know I despise any ‘challenge’ which involves smug mummies … Continue reading →
- The Traumatic Incident of the Tooth in Daytime 1 year ago I popped into the dentist for a quick root canal this morning. And was in the chair for TWO AND A HALF HOURS. If you need a lesson for your kids to get them to brush their teeth, let this … Continue reading →
- Alpine Mummy's celebrity interview 1 year ago Ever wondered why Alpine Mummy is actually in the middle of nowhere, and not working her way up the corporate ladder in good old London…? Ever wondered what she’s thinking when signing off yet more orders for paperclips? Ever wonder … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 17 reviews on Alpine Mummy
01:47 AM November 02, 2012
I have been following the Alpine Mummy blog from the start and love the witty observations and tales of life in the Alps. The amazing photos and stories make me want to jump on the next plane out there!
08:24 AM November 02, 2012
Alpine Mummy's blog is witty, concise and provides a great insight to her life in the mountains. Being on maternity leave myself I love hearing what is happening and look forward to the next post. I subscribe to other blogs which are not as honest in their opinions or detail their experiences like this. Always a great read! What will happen when her maternity leave ends I wonder? I look forward to following her journey.
09:41 AM November 02, 2012
The trials and tribulations of parenthood, changing a lifestyle, and changing a country all rolled into a brilliant blog. Funny, poignant, truthful. There's some Alpine Mummy in all of us.
13:10 PM November 02, 2012
Alpine mummy's blog is great, exciting and funny. I've been reading the blog since she started and i always found that great. Lovely photos and well written. Hope she continues!
15:26 PM November 02, 2012
Always so entertaining! A really fantastic, honest and witty blog.
22:18 PM November 02, 2012
Top notch stuff! I can smell the cheesy fridge from here....
22:36 PM November 02, 2012
A laugh-out-loud funny blog that tells the good side and bad of life in the alps. And can't be bad for the French economy either as everytime I read it I want to go and buy French cheese!
10:11 AM November 03, 2012
Never fails to bring a smile to my face and makes me pine for the delights of family life in the mountains. Alpine Papa adds to the text with some excellent photography. Beautifully written.
15:44 PM November 03, 2012
Fantastically written hilarious blog about the trials and tribulations of moving the family from London to the alps!
20:43 PM November 06, 2012
Great blog! Well written and tells it like it is about a starting an expat life in a polar opposite to London. I'm jealous!
20:48 PM November 06, 2012
Really makes me laugh when I am sitting on a packed bus in dreary London weather wishing I was in the Alps instead. I always look forward to the next instalment.
21:54 PM November 06, 2012
Thank you for your beautiful blog. Makes me want to live in France. Hold on ... I live in France. Keep going.
10:20 AM November 07, 2012
As a busy mummy myself I never have enough free time to read blogs but I always make time for this one! Beautifully written & makes me laugh - thank you!
07:55 AM December 04, 2012
Alpine Mummy's blog always makes me smile, stinky cheese and bars or chocolate ahhh thats the life, very well written!
18:17 PM December 08, 2012
Alpine Mummy's frank, funny and fabulously written tales of family life in the mountains never fail to whisk me away from the hustle and bustle of London and my daily brush with the corporate monkey, transporting me and my imagination to the open spaces of the Alps, the scary-but-exciting adventure of starting life somewhere new, and the chaotic nature of family life that is the same the world over. The discovery of the chocolate shop sounded like the stuff of dreams. Please keep feeding us with tales from the hills!
21:09 PM December 08, 2012
Always entertaining, her stories really brighten up my day. Her blog is saved to my favourites and I love seeing when a new post comes out. Alpine Mummy is an engaging writer and I can't wait to hear what she does next- as well as how the family fares in the Alps in the winter!
09:31 AM December 10, 2012
Alpine mummy achieves a perfect balance, her posts are witty, hilarious and touching at once. Who else can make you laugh on a Monday morning after "overrunning engineering work" ensured you wouldn't escape commute-hell. City lawyers sure do know how to captivate an audience! Loving every posts, thanks for sharing the happiness.