The Other Europe
Latest Blog Posts »
- My Bulgarian Spring Break 4 years ago It was snowing. We were driving through a blizzard on April Fool’s Day, aiming our Subaru in blind hope towards a beach on the Black Sea: our first spring break since moving from sunny Florida to Bulgaria. My crazy-meter, never … Continue reading →
- Photo journal: Our Long March Through Bulgaria 5 years ago You never take the trip you planned. And it’s only afterwards that the really important moments stand out. That’s my takeaway from a recent family road trip around Bulgaria. We left on Thursday from Sofia and hit Belogradchik (famous rocks,) … Continue reading →
- The Ghost Pumpkins of Bulgaria 5 years ago I can always tell when the seasons are changing in our Sofia neighborhood. In summer it’s all about watermelons. From the moment the weather turns hot, a vendor sets out huge, green pyramids fresh from Bulgaria’s fields. To seal the … Continue reading →
- Summer reading 5 years ago It’s been a strange season to come and go from Sofia. The night before we left on a trip overseas, a forest fire burned atop Mount Vitosha. The craggy horizon burned red as we packed our bags – a discomfiting … Continue reading →
- Photo journal: Sofia spring, moment by moment 5 years ago It’s been a rainy spring here in Bulgaria. So when the clouds do part, even for a few moments, people hit the streets. They walk the parks and convene those outdoor meetings they craved all through a snowy winter. Time … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bulgaria Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Bulgaria!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » The Other Europe has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!