Czech Off the Beaten Path
Latest Blog Posts »
- American Geographic Ignorance 2 days ago Map showing the Czech Republic and Chechnya. Hi Everyone, On April 15th, a month ago today, the Boston Marathon was struck by bombers. The bombers, the Tsarnaev brothers, were from Chechnya. Once the news about the Boston Marathon bombing burst across the U.S., Americans and American news...
- Czech Christmas Artist Josef Lada 5 months ago Hi Everyone, Christmas is almost here; with Czech women (and at least one American wife married to a Czech!) are busily cooking and baking in preparation for Christmas Day. I’ve baked several batches of cookies and have other holiday chores to do, but today, I would like to introduce you to...
- Happy Fifth Anniversary, CZOBP 7 months ago Photo credit:
- Still Here and Kickin'! 8 months ago Update It’s been a while since my last post, but I’m still alive and here on the blog! Last year I hurt my back and ended up with a herniated disc and some other spine issues. Jiř
- Czech Scientists and Inventors 10 months ago Image by Dragonkatet Hi Everyone, While the Czech Republic is famous for its beer and great food, you will also find this country has produced many brilliant and accomplished Czechs in areas ranging from music and saints to scientists and inventors. Science is a subject near and dear...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Czech Off the Beaten Path
16:03 PM November 20, 2012
Sher was the very first blogger I ever met! I followed her expat blog from America and was inspired by her journey. As soon as I got to Prague as an expat, we had lunch! Sher has blogged through some amazing experiences: adjusting to a new overseas marriage, having to go in quarrentine for weeks on end, and chronic disease. Through it all, she has kept smiling. I find she inspires many others with her attitude.