Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- Bad Bag Fad 10 hours ago What’s with these front-opening resealable bags that more and more stuff’s being sold in these days? They’re driving me up the mur, in particular the pet food bags, since they’re ridiculously impractical. They come with this plastic strip that relocks the opening, but it inevitably drops...
- Smack, It's Autumn! 6 days ago So autumn officially started on Tuesday – 23rd September – in France. However, it got going here enthusiastically in Creuse at the weekend. Seasons don’t gradually change here, instead the incoming one tends to leap in, boot the old one out of the way and slap you in the face! Whack, it’s...
- Animal Antics 1 week ago Our animals are taking centre stage at the moment, for a mixture of good and bad reasons. First up the turkeys are convinced they’re tiny sparrows that can perch on twigs high up in the trees. Well, sadly they’re not. Two of the whites and one of the blacks have taken to fluttering – no, […]
- Frogs and Fortesses, Toads and Towers 2 weeks ago The heavy rain we had on Monday evening brought out the local population of frogs and toads with a vengeance. I took Tobi out to go through our bedtime ritual of getting her to pee, which can be lengthy. She’s very easily distracted. We know for a fact that the Lego movie title song ‘Everything...
- Forum des Assos 3 weeks ago We had a family outing this morning to the Forum des Assos (short for Associations – the French love their abbreviations) in Boussac. It was held in an impressively large marquee that had been erected in the town square, thus also taking up most of the car parking space for visitors! We’re not...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.