Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- Villemonteix Castle - Some Of It Anyway... 2 weeks ago So, les grandes vacances – the summer holidays – are here. And grandes is the word. Rors broke up on 4th July and he goes back to school on 3rd September! Two full months of no school. Pas mal. For us, the school holidays coincide with our busiest season since we’re in the hospitality trade,...
- Ruadhri 3 weeks ago So the youngest Dagg is 13 today. My baby is a teenager (in France, an ado). I feel old! From a tiny mite of 4 lbs 6 ounces born six weeks early, but who fought his way through those crucial first 48 hours, he’s now a sturdy young man, only a few inches shorter than me. […]
- Snake in the Grass 3 weeks ago The mild winter we had has been good for all the local wildlife. In particular, butterflies and snakes seem to have benefited from it. There are definitely more than usual to be seen. You can’t take a step in any of our fields without sending a cloud of butterflies into the air. And you can […]
- Eight Years At Les Fragnes 3 weeks ago So, it’s eight years to the day today since Les Fragnes became ours. And Chris and I have broken a record. Up to now, the longest we’d lived in the same place since we got married was seven years. We had two years in Cramlington, Northumberland, then four years in Hartlepool, Cleveland. Next...
- Hay There! 4 weeks ago Our fields are full of hay bales at the moment, which not only looks nice, but also means our animals will have plenty to eat this winter. The hay is very good quality this year. We’d noticed that the grass had grown taller than we could ever remember it being. It’s out-competed the thistles...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.