Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- How To Catch A Budgie 2 weeks ago Yesterday I blogged sadly about how one of my budgies, the female, Syrup, had escaped through me not noticing a door in the cage had been knocked slightly open. She hung around all evening and we had fun watching her swooping around the place. She was still close by this morning, on the telephone...
- A Word About Birds 2 weeks ago Oh dear, I’m down to one budgie. Every sunny day I carry the budgies’ cage outside so they can enjoy the sunshine and see what’s going on in the world. Today, I’m guessing that one of the many sliding doors in the front of the cage must have been knocked upwards during the short trip […]
- Numbers Game 2 weeks ago If you car is more than four years old, then every two years it has to go through the contrôle technique (CT, equivalent to the UK’s MOT and the Irish NCT). Since our cars are now ten and thirteen years old, then these tests have been a way of life since we arrived in France. To […]
- Chickzilla 4 weeks ago A feathery interlude between Bristol-based blogs. Ten days ago our first home-incubated chick hatched. I got a super incubator for Mother’s Day this year which I promptly began to fill with eggs. I read up about incubating eggs and a lot of the articles were rather doom-laden. It seemed it was a...
- Bristol 1 month ago A week ago Benj and I made a brief visit to Bristol to go to the marriage of my nephew (and Benj’s cousin) James to Greta. I last went to Bristol 29 years ago, and only overnight, so I couldn’t remember it at all. It was wonderful to rediscover this beautiful city, and discover new things,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.