Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- Who Stole Santa? 6 days ago Oh no, oh woe, some thieving git Has done a runner with St Nick! For seven Noëls Santa’s survived, Tied to the gate at the end of our drive, Stoically, he’s clung on there Fixing passers-by with his manic stare. But someone’s done some St Nick nicking – A strange Christmas spirit’s alive...
- Where Are The Turkeys? 1 week ago I’m not talking about my turkeys being missing, thank goodness. The five of them are pottering around happily, blissfully unaware that Christmas is just around the corner! Actually, two will be reprieved because we’ve decided to keep a pair of blacks to breed in the hope of turkeylings in the...
- Where's The Glitter? OR The Decline of the Advent Calendar 1 week ago When I was a little girl, the Christmas excitement began with the arrival of a large brown envelope. It contained a beautiful, glittery Advent calendar, a present from Auntie Maude. She sent one to my brother and sister too. She didn’t live that far away, just on the other side of Ipswich, but...
- A Kilo Of Pigeon 2 weeks ago I enjoy livestock shows of all descriptions, a result of having been involved in the fur and feather circuit back in Ipswich when I was young. I showed golden agouti and self-black cavies (guinea-pigs), my sister Dutch cavies, and my brother black and tan and Havana rabbits. Dad was the driving...
- Were You Ever In Québec? 3 weeks ago On my last full day in Canada, Caiti and I went to Québec City on a bus tour with Gray Line coaches. We set off at 8 in a very large, quarter-full coach. Caiti was the second youngest, after a very well behaved toddler. (Caiti was very well behaved too!) The journey is about three […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.