Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- Sloe-ly Does It 2 months ago It’s the gleaning season. Hedgerows, trees and verges are currently festooned with free food – the main ones being apples, pears, quinces, walnuts, hazelnuts and sloes. There are plenty of mushrooms and toadstools out too, and wherever you go, you’ll see an old man or woman pottering along...
- Starry Starry Night - If Only You Could See It 1 month ago I’d planned to blog about vegetables, since last weekend we went to a rather nice exhibition about vegetables at nearby Bétête, but I’ll save that for another post as I’ve just discovered that tomorrow night, October 10th, is the 7th Jour de la Nuit – Day of the Night – in France....
- Lavaufranche Commanderie: A Commanding Slice Of History 3 months ago Every September there’s a Patrimoine – local history – weekend in France. Monuments and museums are open to the public, usually for free, so it’s a great time to go and discover something new. Yesterday Chris and I visited the Commanderie at Lavaufranche. This historic building, which is as...
- Hatchling Action 3 months ago I only recently introduced you to my new finches, Gus and Tina, and told you that they had produced a clutch of eggs within a fortnight of having them. Well, time to meet the babies. It started with a furtive peep at the outside world. Then they got braver. They haven’t all left the nest […]
- Fun With Finches 2 months ago You haven’t met my zebra finches yet. When we went to buy my birthday budgie, there was a wonderful, huge aviary-type cage on very special offer, so that became a bonus birthday pressie. We moved the budgies into it as soon as it was assembled (we only got one part the wrong way round to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.