Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- Animal Antics 4 days ago Our animals are taking centre stage at the moment, for a mixture of good and bad reasons. First up the turkeys are convinced they’re tiny sparrows that can perch on twigs high up in the trees. Well, sadly they’re not. Two of the whites and one of the blacks have taken to fluttering – no, […]
- Frogs and Fortesses, Toads and Towers 1 week ago The heavy rain we had on Monday evening brought out the local population of frogs and toads with a vengeance. I took Tobi out to go through our bedtime ritual of getting her to pee, which can be lengthy. She’s very easily distracted. We know for a fact that the Lego movie title song ‘Everything...
- Forum des Assos 2 weeks ago We had a family outing this morning to the Forum des Assos (short for Associations – the French love their abbreviations) in Boussac. It was held in an impressively large marquee that had been erected in the town square, thus also taking up most of the car parking space for visitors! We’re not...
- La Rentrée With Piglets And A Perruche 2 weeks ago So, it’s la rentrée. The summer holidays, which seemed to stretch endlessly before us at the beginning of July, are over. It’s back to school and back to normal. Ruadhri isn’t massively impressed, not when it means getting on the school bus at 7.30am and not getting home till nearly 6pm...
- A Week Ago And A Week To Go 3 weeks ago Well, it’s the last full week of the school holidays. Where have they gone? They always tend to go very quickly since it’s our busiest time with the gite and lakes, on top of the farm, family and other business. And this year quite a bit of time was taken up getting Caiti ready for […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.