Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- Not A Good Morning OR Sideways Rain And No Blessings 2 weeks ago This morning did not go according to plan. I’d hoped to be blogging about this year’s Blessing of the Animals at our local church in Nouzerines. We’ve been a couple of times before. I took Brendan the alpaca for a walk yesterday in readiness for trekking down to the church for 9.30, the usual...
- Chick Blog 2 weeks ago It’s a true delight to watch not only one but two sets of chicks pottering around the farm. Anastasia has her five chicks in an assortment of beiges and greys, and Shirley has eleven that are all either golden or yellow, apart from the little stripey dude! We suspect that another hen nipped in to...
- Bad Bag Fad 2 weeks ago What’s with these front-opening resealable bags that more and more stuff’s being sold in these days? They’re driving me up the mur, in particular the pet food bags, since they’re ridiculously impractical. They come with this plastic strip that relocks the opening, but it inevitably drops...
- Smack, It's Autumn! 3 weeks ago So autumn officially started on Tuesday – 23rd September – in France. However, it got going here enthusiastically in Creuse at the weekend. Seasons don’t gradually change here, instead the incoming one tends to leap in, boot the old one out of the way and slap you in the face! Whack, it’s...
- Animal Antics 1 month ago Our animals are taking centre stage at the moment, for a mixture of good and bad reasons. First up the turkeys are convinced they’re tiny sparrows that can perch on twigs high up in the trees. Well, sadly they’re not. Two of the whites and one of the blacks have taken to fluttering – no, […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.