Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- Blue Herons That Aren't, And Chocolate Fish That Are! 3 days ago We’ve been seeing a couple of unusually dark, muddy-brown herons hanging around our lakes the last few days. I suspected they might be purple herons, but having looked at photos of them online, I’m not so sure. Possibly blue herons then? Yes, I know I said they were brownish looking but I’ve...
- Eggstraordinary Incubator 5 days ago I’ve finally put the egg incubator Father Christmas brought me to work. And at a rather appropriate time, seeing as how eggs feature rather significantly at Easter time. It’s currently housing two abandoned but still-warm duck eggs. It’s a very small, neat affair that will hold up to seven...
- London Book Fair At High Speed 1 week ago This week has been busy. On Thursday our last lamb of the spring, Cowslip, arrived. Spot finally delivered her long-awaited baby. But before that, on Tuesday and Wednesday, I was in London with Benj. At the very last minute – well, with about a week to go – I decided to go to the London […]
- Animal Antics 2 weeks ago It’s been an animal-heavy few days. First up we took Voltaire and Gigi to the vet. Volty, currently known as Radar Kitty, has had an open sore under his chin for quite a while. We’ve tried various dressings on it but he always managed to scratch them off. I called by the vet and got […]
- Book Review: Collector of Dying Breaths 2 weeks ago From time to time I review books with a French connection here at Blog in France. Today I’m playing host to M J Rose’s virtual book tour with her historical fiction, Collector of Dying Breaths. The French element is that it features Catherine de Medici, Queen of France, and France’s most...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.