Blog in France - expat life in France
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Week Ago And A Week To Go 1 day ago Well, it’s the last full week of the school holidays. Where have they gone? They always tend to go very quickly since it’s our busiest time with the gite and lakes, on top of the farm, family and other business. And this year quite a bit of time was taken up getting Caiti ready for […]
- Indispensable Indeed! 4 days ago Le pub (properly la publicité – promotional leaflets and booklets) still lands in our mailbox with a reverberating thud every week. Amongst the numerous rentrée (back to school) special offers and the usual assortment of fold-outable pictures of meat was a gardening catalogue from Bakker. And...
- A Tale of Two Budgies 6 days ago A few days ago, Chris spotted a blue budgie in a blackberry bush behind the barn. We all came to have a look as this was an unusual discovery. Ruadhri said he’d heard there were flocks of wild budgies in certain parts of France that do quite a lot of damage to fruit harvests, but […]
- The Return of the Llama Freeloaders 6 days ago We thought we’d seen the last of them, the people who turn up (and always at the worst possible times) and “just want to see the llamas”. In our early days, the majority of these freeloaders were elderly locals who’d heard of the newly-arrived llamas and were determined to see them....
- Thunderstorms and Toblerone 3 weeks ago Crikey, a month since I lasted posted anything on my blog. Shame on me. And it’s not as though there hasn’t been anything to blog about. Au contraire – summer is the busiest time here with our gite and lakes. Which is probably the problem. That, and filling any spare moments with swimming and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Blog in France - expat life in France
13:44 PM December 06, 2012
Even though I'm not a country girl, I love reading Steph's adventures with her llamas and other animals in the Limousin. With a holiday gîte and three children at various stages in their schooling, she has lots of practical information for expats living in France.
18:47 PM January 29, 2014
I have just read this blog for the first time; its lovely! And I cant wait to (hopefully)start a new life in Creuse in the next few years.