Latest Blog Posts »
- Dance 4 days ago There are a few places Jake can't go so I will reclaim my blog to take you to the last night of Bodrum's International Ballet Festival. Before the performance started, I mentally ticked off the 3 places in central Bodrum I have recently watched shows and concerts. 1. The castle theatre, where I...
- Brunch 1 week ago I think I've made it plain over the past few weeks that I don't like being left behind. This poses a problem for the boss as big hairy mutts are not always welcome at eating establishments. One place she knows I will always be welcome (About the chicken chase - It was a momentary lapse, I don't...
- And down it came 1 week ago All this blogging may have gone to my head, but I am becoming a mighty powerful canine. On a trip to our local reservoir, I took a few minutes out from sniffing and snuffling to contemplate the disaster about to hit our green and fertile Karaova plain if the Autumn rains miss another year. We are...
- Gated. 2 weeks ago Jake in pastels by Teoman Onursan It is hot today, I am not looking my best. I prefer to see myself in print in pastels. All a hot dog wants to do is lie quietly on the tiles under the fan and wait until the thermometer drops below blood temperature. But I am not having a quiet day; the earth...
- In the Dog House 2 weeks ago These Paparazzi style photos catch me having a good time with one of my blog readers. I was so happy to meet Audrey in The Temple Bar, Bitez on Saturday night, that I got quite carried away as you can see despite the terrible quality of the snaps.Richard (who took me walks when my master was ill)...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.