Latest Blog Posts »
- A week is a long time in paw licks 5 days ago I'm extremely glad that I'm a dog. I don't have to worry about constitution-changing votes in parliament or the Turkish Lira losing value by the day. My life is measured in walks, dinners and cuddles. One week is 21 walks - 7 dinners and hopefully 100s of cuddles.My daily perambulations do lead...
- Rest In Peace Şenol Kaptan 1 week ago A very sad day Condolences to his daughter
- Paws for thoughts 1 week ago Me, pausing to think.I thought you all would like to see some snaps of me looking windswept and interesting. I admit the first photo is posed and has been edited and tarted up to add to the drama, but I think I look splendidly handsome and when the time comes, I will choose it as the cover of my...
- A New Year 2 weeks ago It falls to me, Jake the dog, to pen the first post of 2017. My two legged companion has been silenced by the massacre in Istanbul on New Year's night. After hoping for a peaceful new year, having one's hopes dashed less than 90 minutes into 2017 will take some getting over. We are both also...
- Well Worth A Listen 3 weeks ago Maggie and Richard Moore with guide dog Star on a tripto Bodrum. I really enjoyed listening to this interview with Maggie Moore, wife of Richard, British Ambassador to Turkey. Thanks to Maggie, Turkey will have its first guide dog and the ability to train more for the future. This is the first...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.