Latest Blog Posts »
- Many a slip .... 5 days ago ...twixt cup and lip..and many a trip between the pavement and street. It was Sod's Law that I was thinking about using the rest of January to get a bit fitter and start exercising a bit more and was actually wondering whether to go and look at the nearest reformer class, when I missed the edge...
- "Mindless Pap" 1 week ago My internet has been off which means I've had no access to TV, newspapers, The Archers or Facebook. My house is cleaner than it's been for ages, I have painted more and read a real book and I slept better with no wi-fi in the house. I feel a bit disappointed that Türk Telecom have connected me...
- Two plus Four equals Six 1 week ago I wrote the below post 4 years ago and I hope I still wear my rosy spectacles despite the unwelcome change in my life and unsettling events in the country. If we learn to accept that change is inevitable we will all be happier for it. Two days ago we packed away the fake Noel decorations and...
- Camel Parade 1 week ago I wasn't the only one taking my animal for a walk in Bodrum today. The streets were full of camels.Some car drivers weren't sure whether to overtake or undertake and a few just decided to ignore the giant beasts in their way which caused some haranguing.I was happy to watch from the sidewalk and...
- Ancient Wisdom 2 weeks ago New Year's day dawned bright and sunny and the pavements and cafes in Bodrum were packed and, although Jake and I had a job to negotiate the crowded quay, it was great to see Bodrum being enjoyed by so many people. Apart from walks, I spent the day at home catching up with a weeks' newspapers and...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.