Latest Blog Posts »
- Poison 2 days ago One of the Turkish bloggers I follow lives in the next village to ours. They live a similar life to us, away from the crowds, enjoying the countryside and the simple life ...until last week. Their beloved black lab/retriever, Carlos, picked up a cheese sandwich spiked with pesticide and was dead...
- Baking Hot 1 week ago The last time my father was featured in my blog, he was baking beetroot and apple bread in his kitchen in Sturminster Newton, Dorset. This time he's getting his hands floury with master baker Mehmet Ali and his assistant Halil in the kitchen of Taş Fırın bakery on Turgutreis Street in Bodrum....
- Signs of Summer. 1 week ago Summer arrived last week. The first charter flights of the year started landing at Bodrum airport. The first cruise liner docked and filled the town with visitors on a day that was already heaving with free-concert goers and the sun not only came out, but warmed us up so much that even those who...
- What to think - How to think 2 weeks ago There is an air of amazement among the recently settled foreign community in Turkey. How can a government that is embroiled in scandal still pole an overwhelming majority of the vote? How can a government that bans Twitter and You Tube and threatens to eradicate all social media still win the...
- Changes 2 weeks ago On the day we go to the polls, here is a quick example of how fast things in Turkey can change.The first picture was taken 3 weeks ago, on 9th March, in front of the football pitch in Bodrum. The down-and-outs are two of four who have been around for a while but the graffiti was new. We are a...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.