Latest Blog Posts »
- Lucky day. 1 hour ago I am writing this post to a background sound track of rattling water tanks, thrashing branches and a rumbling shed roof that sounds like it is about to head North. But before the Southerly Lodos storm hit top gear today, Jake and I had our usual Bodrum walk-a-bout and we timed it just right to...
- Housekeeping 1 week ago I have found a very simple method to damp-dust my house. Take a large shagging dog and completely soak him in warm water in the shower. Cover him in some coconut scented dog shampoo and then thoroughly soak him again. By this time said dog will be so mad that he will dive out of the shower and...
- More brush - Less keyboard 1 week ago Another week passes with no keyboard activity. Painting is taking over. While Bodrum Municipality was handing out free flowers and pot-plants to celebrate Women's Day yesterday (which I only found out about after the event though did notice several scooters passing looking as if they were...
- Cards for street animals 3 weeks ago I have been neglecting my blog because I've been busy up in my little studio painting bougainvillea, olives and sweet peas (I got fed up with carrots) and turning them into greetings cards. We sold some in the Defne Restaurant in Bitez on Sunday with all proceeds going towards feeding, neutering...
- Qi Gong in Bodrum 3 weeks ago Hakan Onum.My 6 weeks of enforced idleness came to an end on Friday and I was itching to get back into my old routine of long walks and yoga. But the bone in my ankle isn't completely fused so I still have to treat it gently. I have been surprised how awful six weeks of inactivity has made me...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.