Latest Blog Posts »
- Protest Walk 16 hours ago Map courtesy of BODOSKLast month I wrote about the renewed threat of hotel construction in the beautiful bay of Kissebükü/Adalıyalı. Today, Bodrumites are on their way to the proposed site to make their feelings quite clear - violation of this unspoilt spot is not acceptable. The protest...
- Doc Martin 1 day ago I'm going to start the year singing the praise of some local heros. Martin Redman bought his house in Bodrum in 2006 as an investment, but after 2 heart attacks and a week in Papworth hospital, an out-of-the-blue offer to buy his three UK businesses had him selling up his life in the UK and moving...
- Sunday Flea Market 3 days ago I hope I haven't given the impression from my last couple of posts that there is a festival every Sunday in Bodrum. There isn't, it just feels that way some months. If you find yourself on the peninsula on a fest-free Sunday, I suggest you hop on a dolmuş to Bitez to peruse your way around the...
- Mandarin Festival 1 week ago It's Sunday. It's Bodrum. It's Festival time.This week-end it was the turn of citrus fruit to be fêted, specifically the mandarin. Ortakent, Bitez and Turgutreis all held events to honour this tasty fruit. Mandarin candlesOnce an important crop, mandarins have lost out in the popularity stakes to...
- Hamsi Pilav 1 week ago After watching and smelling all those anchovies being cooked on Sunday, I have to follow with a post on Hamsi Pilav. This is my first attempt and I wish I had bought pre-gutted hamsi because de-heading and de-back boning these little blighters takes time. After the first ten or so, I got into a...
Contest Entries »
- Bodrum’s top 8 famous residents help you plan your visit Writing Contest March 2013 Herodotus wouldn’t recognise Bodrum as his birthplace Halicarnassus, but I’m sure he’d send you off to the 8 Lelegian towns around the Bodrum peninsula, to savour what life was like in the 5th century BC. Make an easy start by visiting Pedasa...
- First School in Turkey - A personal journey Education and International Schools I considered myself to be an exemplary ex-pat for the first 14 years I lived in Turkey. I learnt the language, embraced the customs and tried to see two sides to the story if ever there was any Turkey bashing going on. For a few years I was...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on BacktoBodrum
06:28 AM October 27, 2012
This blog has only been going for a short time but it's gathering interest rapidly. It's a great blog written by a truly lovely person.
14:08 PM October 27, 2012
Love reading the stories about life in Turkey in her town and travels abroad in "Back to Bodrum's Blog"......She has great photo's of Turkey and her travels, and some of the Archaeological sites that she explores. Always an interesting story and some facts about her photos...you wouldn't expect. That's why I'm always interested to peek into her Blog.
16:07 PM October 27, 2012
This is such an enjoyable blog....daily life, a rescue dog, visits to archeological sites all told with style and humour.
22:19 PM October 27, 2012
Back to Bodrum is a bit of a guilty pleasure (like good chocolate). Beautifully written by a woman clearly in love with Turkey, and Bodrum in particularly. A real gem of a blog.
12:46 PM October 30, 2012
I enjoy this blog so much. I feel I learn a great deal about life in Turkey, the photos and commentary on life in Bodrum are always fascinating.
17:47 PM October 30, 2012
As someone fascinated by history and archaeology this blog has become essential reading for me in a very short time. Mixed with the history is a wry and intelligent look at life in modern Turkey, all beautifully illustrated.
11:13 AM November 05, 2012
Always fascinating, always amusing from someone in the know!
16:11 PM November 20, 2012
What can I say - this blog has made me laugh out loud several times. And I haven't been to Bodrum yet so it keeps me dreaming.
15:37 PM August 15, 2013
Interesting blog. After traveling for turkey, I like to re-read blogs. Remembering places of interest.