Longhorns and Camels
Latest Blog Posts »
- Breaking the Fast of Ramadan - A Date with Dates 1 month ago I cheated on WordPress. (They host this blog.) I don’t dabble in too many social networking sites, but tried one recently where you post a photo every day for a year. I love the idea of that! But then I … Continue reading →
- Food Marathon - Middle Eastern Style 1 month ago Imagine working at a local eatery when a group of tourists from a food tour pops in to sample some of your offerings. One of the participants looks particularly excited, giddily snapping pictures. When you wish her a good trip … Continue reading →
- Feeling Alive at the Dead Sea 2 months ago The drive down from Petra via the winding King’s Highway was full of beautiful and varied scenery. I took most of these from the car as we drove. After a few stops, we arrived at the Dead Sea a … Continue reading →
- Petra: we came, we saw, we did not conquer 2 months ago My travel motto lately is: Start with low expectations; high expectations just ruin things. I thought Petra would be the highlight of our trip. I’ve read so many descriptions that try to prepare you by saying nothing can prepare you for its … Continue reading →
- A Glimpse of Amman, Jordan 3 months ago Beautiful Aqaba perched on the edge of the Red Sea. Shimmering red and gold desert sand punctuated with interesting geological formations in Wadi Rum. Petra and its rose-colored magnificence. The beguiling and rejuvenating Dead Sea. Contemporary urban buzz rooted in ancient … Continue...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Longhorns and Camels
05:52 AM September 23, 2013
This blog is beautifully presented with great photos, but what I like best is the jaunty writing style and the gems of good advice and practical tips. I really enjoyed the post on buying a Persian carpet - amusing and so true to life.