Latest Blog Posts »
- Claire Chazal's classy farewell 3 weeks ago Another page has turned in broadcast journalism in France.Sunday evening witnessed a classy farewell from, Claire Chazal, the woman who has anchored the lunchtime and evening weekend news on TF1 for the past 24 years.Claire Chazal (screenshot, TF1 - her last news programme)Chazal was...
- Friday's French music break - Mylène Farmer and Sting, "Stolen car" 4 weeks ago It's seldom that Friday's French music break features an artist who needs little or no introduction - let alone two!But that's the case of this week's choice which combines the talents of a Canadian-born French singer, with sales of more than 30 million records in France alone during her 30 + year...
- Friday's French music break - Josef Salvat, "Open season" 2 months ago This week's Friday's French music break couldn't be more removed - geographically speaking - from France.Indeed, it comes from the other side of the globe. Australia to be exact.But given that country was also invited earlier this year to participate in the 60th anniversary of the annual musical...
- Friday's French music break - Cats on Trees and Calogero, "Jimmy" 3 months ago This week's Friday's French music break is from two artists previously featured.The first is Calogero, is a stalwort of the French music scene who needs little or no introduction to readers in France as he has been around, writing and recording, for the past couple of decades.Calogero (screenshot...
- Life's a beach for Saudi king 4 months ago Mirandole beach (screenshot BFM TV news report)What do you do if you're the king of Saudi Arabia holidaying at your private villa on the Côte d'Azur in the south of France for a month with an entourage of around a 1,000 people and you discover there's a public beach (albeit small) at the foot of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on France Today
14:45 PM October 28, 2012
Wonderfully written text... and I fully recognise myself as a commercial addict... And I'm never one to get up and put the kettle on when the commercials come on... I leave it to my husband... as for the cashmere commercial... well, I hope Arthur (that's my significant other) will see the yeti commercial (is it a yeti?) and think "Oh... that's something that Debbie would love to have for Christmas"... so who knows, I'll keep you posted!
14:57 PM October 28, 2012
Very informative, well written with a good sense of humour, and - what's important - always relevant to what's going on in France. Look forward to read more!
21:26 PM October 28, 2012
Normally a cynic when it comes to foreigners blogging about the country they live in, I've had to come off my high-horse with France Today. This guy nails every topic with incisive, informed writing topped off with great wit -- and I don't usually subscribe to the British sense of humor! How does he do it? And is this Summerton dude planning to write a compilation of his best posts for publishing? It would make a phenomenal Xmas present for all my colleagues who often send round his stories about Les Frogs to each other! Alors? Allez, Johnny make our day!
16:37 PM October 29, 2012
09:54 AM October 30, 2012
What I especially love about this blog is the gently mocking approach in the way many of the stories are written. There is an eclectic range of posts, but what I really enjoy finding out more about are some of the singers and groups featured in Friday's French music break. Keep it up.
11:15 AM November 04, 2012
Super blog by an incredible writer, bravo!
16:32 PM November 09, 2012
I'm a fan of the France-today blog. I never know what I'm going to read, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's arty, sometimes it's complete non-sense. But it's always well written and amusing.
14:43 PM December 04, 2012
This is such an intelligent blog, very well written and always worth a read.