Latest Blog Posts »
- Nicolas Sarkozy's non-shock presidential election candidacy announcement 1 day ago Well that’s a turn up for the books.Former French president, Nicolas Sarkozy has announced that he’s to run in the primary to choose the candidate who’ll represent the Right and Centre-Right at next year’s presidential elections in France.Screenshot Nicolas Sarkozy TwitterYes, the same man...
- Tears, jeers and a touch of farce as France celebrates Olympic "success" 3 days ago So they’re over - the Rio Olympics that is.And French headline writers are celebrating the country’s “record haul” of 42 medals and seventh-placed finish overall.Heck, even the French president, François Hollande, took time out to bask in the glory and congratulate France’s sportsmen and...
- Friday's French music break - Freedom Fry, "Shaky ground" 6 days ago Feel like a “Na na na, Hey hey, Na na na” singalong?Well this week’s Friday’s French music break can happily oblige.It’s “Shaky ground” from the American-French duo “Freedom Fry” comprising husband and wife Bruce Driscoll and Parisian-born Marie Seyrat.Freedom Fry (Marie Seyrat...
- Friday's French music break - Céline Dion, "Encore un soir" 1 week ago You know you’re in trouble when you have to admit that a song from a singer you normally can’t stand actually catches your fancy.It happened several months ago when…er…(hang head in shame time) Justin Bieber’s “Love yourself” ear-wormed its way into this listener’s head.A catchy,...
- Friday's French music break - Kids United, "On écrit sur les murs" 8 months ago Friday's French music break enters 2016 with a song full of joyous good intent and suitably uplifting but with lyrics that are - to put it mildly - repetitive and borderline tedious.Kids (doesn't that just grate, especially when the performers in question are French) United are the group who sing...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on France Today
14:45 PM October 28, 2012
Wonderfully written text... and I fully recognise myself as a commercial addict... And I'm never one to get up and put the kettle on when the commercials come on... I leave it to my husband... as for the cashmere commercial... well, I hope Arthur (that's my significant other) will see the yeti commercial (is it a yeti?) and think "Oh... that's something that Debbie would love to have for Christmas"... so who knows, I'll keep you posted!
14:57 PM October 28, 2012
Very informative, well written with a good sense of humour, and - what's important - always relevant to what's going on in France. Look forward to read more!
21:26 PM October 28, 2012
Normally a cynic when it comes to foreigners blogging about the country they live in, I've had to come off my high-horse with France Today. This guy nails every topic with incisive, informed writing topped off with great wit -- and I don't usually subscribe to the British sense of humor! How does he do it? And is this Summerton dude planning to write a compilation of his best posts for publishing? It would make a phenomenal Xmas present for all my colleagues who often send round his stories about Les Frogs to each other! Alors? Allez, Johnny make our day!
16:37 PM October 29, 2012
09:54 AM October 30, 2012
What I especially love about this blog is the gently mocking approach in the way many of the stories are written. There is an eclectic range of posts, but what I really enjoy finding out more about are some of the singers and groups featured in Friday's French music break. Keep it up.
11:15 AM November 04, 2012
Super blog by an incredible writer, bravo!
16:32 PM November 09, 2012
I'm a fan of the France-today blog. I never know what I'm going to read, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's arty, sometimes it's complete non-sense. But it's always well written and amusing.
14:43 PM December 04, 2012
This is such an intelligent blog, very well written and always worth a read.