Latest Blog Posts »
- Nicolas Sarkozy quits politics...again 3 months ago So the former French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, has promised to leave politics.His announcement came on the eve of his defeat in the first round of the primary to choose the candidate from the centre-right in next year’s presidential elections.Nicolas Sarkozy (screenshot BBC News)Sarkozy...
- Rachida Dati's "fascist, thug" 2013 text message to Brice Hortefeux 3 months ago Well, it’s quite a while since either of these two French politicians has made the headlines.But hey, here they are. Rachida Dati and Brice Hortefeux.And what a handbags at dawn session they must have had when they were both frontline government ministers.That’s if the text message sent by Dati...
- Name that French politician 4 months ago A quick test (no cheating) for those of you who follow French politics and think you (might) know a thing or two.Try to name some of the faceless wonders and barely memorable people who hold, or have held, a post in government under the current president, François Hollande.It’s just a bit of...
- Laurent Ruquier's "donkey" views on Donald Trump's behaviour 4 months ago And that’s a polite euphemism for what has to be one of the most crass public comments this undeniably intelligent man has made during his television and radio career.You might not be a fan of Laurent Ruquier, but there’s no denying his work ethic and prodigious output.Just take a look at his...
- Christine Boutin's latest Twitter gaffe - lacking dignity and class 5 months ago You know some people (politicians in particular) should not be allowed anywhere near a microphone. It only encourages them to utter the most absurd ideas in the mistaken belief that they’re making sense.Similarly they should think twice - nay thrice - before allowing themselves to share the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on France Today
14:45 PM October 28, 2012
Wonderfully written text... and I fully recognise myself as a commercial addict... And I'm never one to get up and put the kettle on when the commercials come on... I leave it to my husband... as for the cashmere commercial... well, I hope Arthur (that's my significant other) will see the yeti commercial (is it a yeti?) and think "Oh... that's something that Debbie would love to have for Christmas"... so who knows, I'll keep you posted!
14:57 PM October 28, 2012
Very informative, well written with a good sense of humour, and - what's important - always relevant to what's going on in France. Look forward to read more!
21:26 PM October 28, 2012
Normally a cynic when it comes to foreigners blogging about the country they live in, I've had to come off my high-horse with France Today. This guy nails every topic with incisive, informed writing topped off with great wit -- and I don't usually subscribe to the British sense of humor! How does he do it? And is this Summerton dude planning to write a compilation of his best posts for publishing? It would make a phenomenal Xmas present for all my colleagues who often send round his stories about Les Frogs to each other! Alors? Allez, Johnny make our day!
16:37 PM October 29, 2012
09:54 AM October 30, 2012
What I especially love about this blog is the gently mocking approach in the way many of the stories are written. There is an eclectic range of posts, but what I really enjoy finding out more about are some of the singers and groups featured in Friday's French music break. Keep it up.
11:15 AM November 04, 2012
Super blog by an incredible writer, bravo!
16:32 PM November 09, 2012
I'm a fan of the France-today blog. I never know what I'm going to read, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's arty, sometimes it's complete non-sense. But it's always well written and amusing.
14:43 PM December 04, 2012
This is such an intelligent blog, very well written and always worth a read.