Latest Blog Posts »
- Sarko returns 3 hours ago The speculation is over.Former french president, Nicolas Sarkozy has announced he's returning to politics and running for the leadership of the centre-right Union pour un mouvement populaire (Union for a popular movement, UMP).Nicolas Sarkozy (screenshot from Europe 1/TF1 interview, July 2014In...
- Toulouse begins preparing for Christmas - What? 1 week ago Strewth. While most French are concentrating on la rentrée - getting back into the school or work routine after the summer holidays - the local authority of the southwestern city of Toulouse has other things on its mind.Christmas!Christmas lights Toulouse 2012 (screenshot from Toulouse7.com...
- Friday's French music break - Les Prêtres, "Écris l'histoire" 2 months ago Often a cover version of a song is a simple repetition of what went before; pleasant enough in its own way but not really offering anything more than the original.Sometimes - as in the case of Coeur de Pirate's recent remake of Renaud's "Mistral gagnant" - there's a little extra - either in the...
- Happy birthday M. President 2 months ago So the French president, François Hollande, turns 60 on August 12.No big bash planned, which is a bit of a shame really as the nation could do with a little glamour and glitz at the moment (especially as the weather ain't doin' what it's supposed to be).All right, so all those economic indicators...
- Luzenac Ariège Pyrénées keep the footballing dream alive - just 2 months ago In April, the football team of Luzenac Ariège Pyrénées (LAP) originally from a village of fewer than 700 inhabitants, did the unthinkable.It won promotion from the amateur league to join the French second division and, in so doing, became the smallest club ever to qualify to compete at such a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on France Today
14:45 PM October 28, 2012
Wonderfully written text... and I fully recognise myself as a commercial addict... And I'm never one to get up and put the kettle on when the commercials come on... I leave it to my husband... as for the cashmere commercial... well, I hope Arthur (that's my significant other) will see the yeti commercial (is it a yeti?) and think "Oh... that's something that Debbie would love to have for Christmas"... so who knows, I'll keep you posted!
14:57 PM October 28, 2012
Very informative, well written with a good sense of humour, and - what's important - always relevant to what's going on in France. Look forward to read more!
21:26 PM October 28, 2012
Normally a cynic when it comes to foreigners blogging about the country they live in, I've had to come off my high-horse with France Today. This guy nails every topic with incisive, informed writing topped off with great wit -- and I don't usually subscribe to the British sense of humor! How does he do it? And is this Summerton dude planning to write a compilation of his best posts for publishing? It would make a phenomenal Xmas present for all my colleagues who often send round his stories about Les Frogs to each other! Alors? Allez, Johnny make our day!
16:37 PM October 29, 2012
09:54 AM October 30, 2012
What I especially love about this blog is the gently mocking approach in the way many of the stories are written. There is an eclectic range of posts, but what I really enjoy finding out more about are some of the singers and groups featured in Friday's French music break. Keep it up.
11:15 AM November 04, 2012
Super blog by an incredible writer, bravo!
16:32 PM November 09, 2012
I'm a fan of the France-today blog. I never know what I'm going to read, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's arty, sometimes it's complete non-sense. But it's always well written and amusing.
14:43 PM December 04, 2012
This is such an intelligent blog, very well written and always worth a read.