Latest Blog Posts »
- Life's a beach for Saudi king 1 week ago Mirandole beach (screenshot BFM TV news report)What do you do if you're the king of Saudi Arabia holidaying at your private villa on the Côte d'Azur in the south of France for a month with an entourage of around a 1,000 people and you discover there's a public beach (albeit small) at the foot of...
- Friday's French music break - Lisa Angell, "N'oubliez pas" 3 months ago France wins the Eurovision Song Contest after 38 year long wait.Well, that might well be the dream of France Télévisions executives who, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen a song that could have sealed victory several decades ago.But that "dream" risks becoming a repeat nightmare of last...
- Valérie Trierweiler's "non-interview" interview on France 3 TV 5 months ago It was surely the most peculiar of interviews; at the same time both surrealist and seemingly beamed in from a parallel universe.Valérie Trierweiler's first appearance on French TV since her bust-up with the French president, François Hollande, THAT ("political memoire") book and promotional tour...
- (Not) Understanding French politics - the Macron reform 6 months ago Quite an ambitious headline, but don't worry, this isn't about to become a pedagogical piece on the finer details of the French political system.Neither is it going to be a dumbed-down version pandering to the lowest common denominator.Rather it's a simple but hopefully informative observation as...
- Online banking made easy - French style 6 months ago Notice anything...er...ever-so-slightly out of place in the title?Hint...the idea of a service being both "uncomplicated" and "French" at the same time - two attributes which, sadly, so often reveal themselves to be contradictory.Of course, that's a gross generalisation. Or it would be if it...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on France Today
14:45 PM October 28, 2012
Wonderfully written text... and I fully recognise myself as a commercial addict... And I'm never one to get up and put the kettle on when the commercials come on... I leave it to my husband... as for the cashmere commercial... well, I hope Arthur (that's my significant other) will see the yeti commercial (is it a yeti?) and think "Oh... that's something that Debbie would love to have for Christmas"... so who knows, I'll keep you posted!
14:57 PM October 28, 2012
Very informative, well written with a good sense of humour, and - what's important - always relevant to what's going on in France. Look forward to read more!
21:26 PM October 28, 2012
Normally a cynic when it comes to foreigners blogging about the country they live in, I've had to come off my high-horse with France Today. This guy nails every topic with incisive, informed writing topped off with great wit -- and I don't usually subscribe to the British sense of humor! How does he do it? And is this Summerton dude planning to write a compilation of his best posts for publishing? It would make a phenomenal Xmas present for all my colleagues who often send round his stories about Les Frogs to each other! Alors? Allez, Johnny make our day!
16:37 PM October 29, 2012
09:54 AM October 30, 2012
What I especially love about this blog is the gently mocking approach in the way many of the stories are written. There is an eclectic range of posts, but what I really enjoy finding out more about are some of the singers and groups featured in Friday's French music break. Keep it up.
11:15 AM November 04, 2012
Super blog by an incredible writer, bravo!
16:32 PM November 09, 2012
I'm a fan of the France-today blog. I never know what I'm going to read, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's arty, sometimes it's complete non-sense. But it's always well written and amusing.
14:43 PM December 04, 2012
This is such an intelligent blog, very well written and always worth a read.