Latest Blog Posts »
- Do polls "predicting" François Hollande defeat in first round 2017 French presidential elections make any sense? 9 hours ago Ah political polls. Don't you just love 'em?The frequency with which they're commissioned and published in France would have you believe the French do...well at least the country's media does when the news schedule is slack or journalists feel like a good old job of "professional" political...
- Friday's French music break - Compagnie Blanca Li, "Robot!" 6 days ago Friday's French music break this week is something a little different.First of all it's not French.And second of all (don't you just hate it when people say that?) it's not music.Instead it a performance of "Robot!" (with music of course) from the Blanca Li dance company.It's the Spanish...
- Human rights group given the heave-ho by far-right Front National mayor 1 week ago He promised during his election campaign that he would do it and Steeve Briois, the newly-installed far-right Front National mayor in the town of Hénin-Beaumont in the northern French département of Pas-de-Calais has proven true to his word.Steeve Briois (screenshot AFP report)In his first...
- Christine Boutin, "Homosexuality is an abomination" 1 week ago No prizes for guessing which particular ex-minister came up with that delightful sentiment.None other than Christine Boutin, housing minister for two years in François Fillon's first two governments under Nicolas Sarkozy.The founder and, until last year leader, of the Parti chrétien-démocrate...
- Olivier Falorni - well and truly "April Fooled" 1 week ago Remember Olivier Falorni?He's the man who, after having received the support of that infamous Tweet from the former first lady Valérie Trierweiler, went on to beat Ségolène Royal, the Socialist party's official candidate for La Rochelle, in the 2012 parliamentary elections.(screenshot Le Grand...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on France Today
14:45 PM October 28, 2012
Wonderfully written text... and I fully recognise myself as a commercial addict... And I'm never one to get up and put the kettle on when the commercials come on... I leave it to my husband... as for the cashmere commercial... well, I hope Arthur (that's my significant other) will see the yeti commercial (is it a yeti?) and think "Oh... that's something that Debbie would love to have for Christmas"... so who knows, I'll keep you posted!
14:57 PM October 28, 2012
Very informative, well written with a good sense of humour, and - what's important - always relevant to what's going on in France. Look forward to read more!
21:26 PM October 28, 2012
Normally a cynic when it comes to foreigners blogging about the country they live in, I've had to come off my high-horse with France Today. This guy nails every topic with incisive, informed writing topped off with great wit -- and I don't usually subscribe to the British sense of humor! How does he do it? And is this Summerton dude planning to write a compilation of his best posts for publishing? It would make a phenomenal Xmas present for all my colleagues who often send round his stories about Les Frogs to each other! Alors? Allez, Johnny make our day!
16:37 PM October 29, 2012
09:54 AM October 30, 2012
What I especially love about this blog is the gently mocking approach in the way many of the stories are written. There is an eclectic range of posts, but what I really enjoy finding out more about are some of the singers and groups featured in Friday's French music break. Keep it up.
11:15 AM November 04, 2012
Super blog by an incredible writer, bravo!
16:32 PM November 09, 2012
I'm a fan of the France-today blog. I never know what I'm going to read, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's arty, sometimes it's complete non-sense. But it's always well written and amusing.
14:43 PM December 04, 2012
This is such an intelligent blog, very well written and always worth a read.