A matter of choice
Latest Blog Posts »
- The last few days, and the first. (Flashback Friday) 17 hours ago This time 8 years ago, I was still in England, very heavily pregnant in fact I was almost 2 weeks past my due date. I was impatient although I tried to appreciate the last few days before the baby's arrival like everyone kept telling me to. It was a strange in-between time, not yet dealing...
- Reasons to be cheerful - summers coming! 2 weeks ago It's my favourite time of year here in Cyprus, (well, it's one of them!) the weather is warming up nicely, nearly everything is open again and summer is very nearly here. Time seems to speed up as we hit this point every year, once Easter has been and gone, there is more going on, more places...
- Our Easter Holidays 2017 2 months ago The boys went back to school today after the 2 week Easter holidays, we had a good break, a few days out, lots of time at home, playing games (board and xbox) and seeing friends. I thought I'd share a few highlights.In the first week we went to WOW (a soft play place in Larnaca) with Sam...
- Getting on with it #SlimmingSunday 2 months ago I posted 3 weeks ago debating on the secret to losing weight and as you may have guessed I am yet to find it! It started well, even though I didn't get round to writing a blog post and joining Mummy From the Heart's Slimming Sunday link up and I lost 5lb. I went to my usual Zumba class and put...
- The Secret to Losing Weight 2 months ago What is the secret to losing weight?The magic thing that means you decide you are going to, and then actually do it?Of course there is no actual secret to losing weight, in theory it couldn't be easier - eat less, move more, simple?But it's not that easy, not anywhere near that easy!There is a...
Contest Entries »
- Some 'Friendly' Advice Writing Contest October 2012 When you decide to live in another country for no apparent reason other than ‘because you can’ there are obviously lots of things to consider but there is one very important thing you need to do, it’s not deciding where to live, getting a job...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cyprus Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Cyprus!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on A matter of choice
09:55 AM October 21, 2012
A warm and lighthearted blog that is also very informative and relevant to anyone who is not only only an expat but who is also a mum. This blog covers a varied range of subjects inlcuding crafts, helping to get certain documentation organised when in cyprus, motherhood, cooking, and so many others. It also has the lovely touch of the regular flash back friday and silent sunday which I personally love. A very interesting read everytime and always delivered in friendly and strangley comforting manner. Love this blog :)
11:51 AM October 21, 2012
Love Emma's blog. So fresh, informative and fun. Has me laughing out loud and feeling I am there. Brill blog. Look forward to evey one. :-) it brings Cyprus to my lounge in dismal England! I love Emma's memories and the trails and tribulations she faces with a smile in her words.
13:00 PM October 21, 2012
I love this blog, there is always something of interest for everyone. It is informative, down to earth, true to life and covers such a variety of subjects.
15:31 PM October 21, 2012
I think this is a great blog, with a good variety of posts giving a fun and informative view of an expat's life in Cyprus.
18:47 PM October 21, 2012
This is a great blog, informative, funny, real. There is something for everyone there. I love her friendly and down to earth delivery.
23:12 PM October 21, 2012
A great blog. Honest, informative and gives you a real flavour of life in Cypress :)
21:44 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog, very real and interesting.
20:29 PM October 23, 2012
I love this blog, warm, funny and informative. You get a real taste of what it feels like to live as an expat in Cyprus.
11:48 AM November 05, 2012
I love Emma's blog, it's such a real description of the ups and downs of expat life. I can't help but admire her courage raising her young family (and having a baby) in her expat country!
14:06 PM November 05, 2012
Love seeing parenthood across the globe a lovely heart warming blog
21:22 PM December 04, 2012
A great and honestly written blog. While we may be at different stages in our lives, the trials and tribulations of being an expat are the same. Emma writes a fantastic blog about life in Cyprus. Would recommend it in a heartbeat.
18:35 PM December 11, 2012
This is a lovely blog with posts totally relevant to life in Cyprus, published on a consistent basis. Emma is honest in her writing, refreshing and funny. I have enjoyed following her musings over the years and am proud to have her guest blogging in her very own blog section on our website www.mumsincyprus.com. Very deserving!