A matter of choice
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Christmas List and the Argos Catalogue 1 week ago As a child the most important part of the run up to Christmas was the writing of The List. It required a great deal of thought especially as I got older and realised it was not so much of a shopping list and rather a few ideas for Santa and Mum and Dad to select from.The Argos catalogue played a...
- Chasing shadows and Sunday afternoon fun. 2 weeks ago Last Sunday, as Aaron was busy getting his latest tattoo I decided to take the boys out for a while. It was a lovely day as this time of year usually is, sunny and warm but without the intense heat of the summer so I decided to take us all down to the harbour in Agia Napa.It's been a long time...
- 3 Days of Halloween... Part 2 - The Weekend! 2 weeks ago After celebrating Halloween a day early with our party and trick or treating at home on Friday, we spent the weekend at what is probably the best family Halloween event in Cyprus.Cyherbia has been running Halloween events now for several years, each with a different theme and attracts families from...
- Three Days of Halloween... Day 1 - The Party 3 weeks ago Halloween is now an official event in our family calendar, despite having never actually been to a Halloween party until 2010 its now something to be celebrated along with Christmas and Easter. I love it, a chance to decorate and dress up and eat far too many sweets - what's not to enjoy!Since...
- Loukas Name Day and a trip to A&E 1 month ago According to the Greek Orthodox Church, every day of the year is dedicated to the memory of at least one (usually more than one) saint or martyr. If someone is named after a saint, then there is a big celebration on his or her name day. Since we have been in Cyprus we always have a small...
Contest Entries »
- Some 'Friendly' Advice Writing Contest October 2012 When you decide to live in another country for no apparent reason other than ‘because you can’ there are obviously lots of things to consider but there is one very important thing you need to do, it’s not deciding where to live, getting a job...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cyprus Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Cyprus!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on A matter of choice
09:55 AM October 21, 2012
A warm and lighthearted blog that is also very informative and relevant to anyone who is not only only an expat but who is also a mum. This blog covers a varied range of subjects inlcuding crafts, helping to get certain documentation organised when in cyprus, motherhood, cooking, and so many others. It also has the lovely touch of the regular flash back friday and silent sunday which I personally love. A very interesting read everytime and always delivered in friendly and strangley comforting manner. Love this blog :)
11:51 AM October 21, 2012
Love Emma's blog. So fresh, informative and fun. Has me laughing out loud and feeling I am there. Brill blog. Look forward to evey one. :-) it brings Cyprus to my lounge in dismal England! I love Emma's memories and the trails and tribulations she faces with a smile in her words.
13:00 PM October 21, 2012
I love this blog, there is always something of interest for everyone. It is informative, down to earth, true to life and covers such a variety of subjects.
15:31 PM October 21, 2012
I think this is a great blog, with a good variety of posts giving a fun and informative view of an expat's life in Cyprus.
18:47 PM October 21, 2012
This is a great blog, informative, funny, real. There is something for everyone there. I love her friendly and down to earth delivery.
23:12 PM October 21, 2012
A great blog. Honest, informative and gives you a real flavour of life in Cypress :)
21:44 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog, very real and interesting.
20:29 PM October 23, 2012
I love this blog, warm, funny and informative. You get a real taste of what it feels like to live as an expat in Cyprus.
11:48 AM November 05, 2012
I love Emma's blog, it's such a real description of the ups and downs of expat life. I can't help but admire her courage raising her young family (and having a baby) in her expat country!
14:06 PM November 05, 2012
Love seeing parenthood across the globe a lovely heart warming blog
21:22 PM December 04, 2012
A great and honestly written blog. While we may be at different stages in our lives, the trials and tribulations of being an expat are the same. Emma writes a fantastic blog about life in Cyprus. Would recommend it in a heartbeat.
18:35 PM December 11, 2012
This is a lovely blog with posts totally relevant to life in Cyprus, published on a consistent basis. Emma is honest in her writing, refreshing and funny. I have enjoyed following her musings over the years and am proud to have her guest blogging in her very own blog section on our website www.mumsincyprus.com. Very deserving!