A Brit in Tennessee
Latest Blog Posts »
- Orange 1 day ago In Tennessee the colors of the season are making a show, we seem to be surrounded by orange, browns and reds.The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools. Henry Beston, Northern Farm
- The Durrells In Corfu 3 days ago Our local Public Broadcasting Service station was off the air for ten days......ten long days.The broadcasting tower required maintenance, which apparently can only be undertaken by a few specialized technicians..One thing that appeased it's regular viewers was the offer of watching most of it's...
- Soup's On 4 days ago Our first cold night of the season last night.It's the perfect time to warm up with a hearty bowl of homemade soup.Cabbage and Bean SoupNavy or Northern BeansCabbageOnionsCarrotsCeleryHam HockSmoked sausage or Kielbasa slicedChicken Stock28oz can of whole tomatoesBay LeafSalt and PepperBasil and...
- Scarlet Ball 5 days ago "October gave a party;The leaves by hundreds came-The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,And leaves of every name.The Sunshine spread a carpet,And everything was grand,Miss Weather led the dancing,Professor Wind the band."~ October's Party, George Cooper.
- Older Than Dirt 1 week ago I've been busy giving some of the Blue Willow and Staffordshire Ware pieces a bath.I'm not sure why, it seems I often get the urge to spring clean in the fall.I think it has something to do with the changing seasons, the coolness of the Autumn air, the heady scent of spiced-mix candles magically...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » A Brit in Tennessee has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!