Latest Blog Posts »
- A summer sail! 8 months ago So far this has been a wonderful summer. Blue skies, warm weather, late sunsets, and weekend time for bike rides and friends.And sailing! The Dutch have a long, long history of sailing and I've been wanting to sail here for a long time. Finally our chance came!Tyler was visiting from California...
- A little bit of America in the Vondel Park 8 months ago One thing I love about summertime in Holland is the late, late light. At the height of summer, the sun rises around 5am and sets at 10:30pm or so. That means lots and lots of light. That also means we can start a bbq at 6pm and stay out til 11pm--all with plenty of light.Being American, we thought...
- Czech please! 9 months ago We were lucky to have dear friend Gadiel come visit us before he headed to Switzerland for the rest of the summer. I always love having friends come visit, not only to show them a part of our life in Amsterdam but also to sit and laugh about good times back home--and get my dose of California...
- Vitamin D on the coast of Turkey 10 months ago After some rainy weather in Istanbul, we were ready for sun. Thanks to my loving parents, they offered to give us some of their hotel points so we could stay in the super fancy Sheraton on Cesme, a small beach town near Izmir. We had a spectacular room overlooking the still waters and coastline....
- Best of Istanbul (Part 3/3) 10 months ago Our days in Istanbul were flying by quickly! We tried to balance every day with a major site (or two) in the Sultanhamet, good food, chill-out time at the apartment, and evening outings. It was hard to juggle, but I think in the end we did the best we could. We left carpet-buying and other bazaar...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Netherlands Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Netherlands!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 23 reviews on Dutch Pancake
21:53 PM November 14, 2012
Really like this blog, it is interesting, original, fresh, relaxed but fun and visually very appealing. Well done to the blogger!!
20:12 PM November 18, 2012
Very nice stories about Holland from an expat's perspective!
20:27 PM November 18, 2012
A very real and entertaining style of writing , with stories which one can relate to : make this blog a must follow.
20:53 PM November 18, 2012
Very well written and documented blog on life as an expat which I can relate to. Wonderful photos to further accent the articles - very nice!
22:01 PM November 18, 2012
So enjoy your blog and can't wait to see Paris with some advice from you and now Amsterdam! Kristi A.
23:13 PM November 18, 2012
Well written blog with lovely photography. Seems to be a good resource for travel recommendations around Holland and Europe as well. Well done!
23:37 PM November 18, 2012
Having traveled to the Netherdlands, this blog puts me right back on a bike ride along the canals. The pictures are reflective of real life in Holland, and the narrative is sweet and honest. I have referred many friends to this site when considering their travel plans to Europe. I am an avid Dutch Pancake fan.
23:42 PM November 18, 2012
i love following your adventures on your blog! and the photography is always so beautiful!
01:00 AM November 19, 2012
Vicarious adventures through the lens and heart of one expat are just what the doctor ordered.
01:45 AM November 19, 2012
makes me want to visit!
04:28 AM November 19, 2012
This blog is my FAVORITE. I don't read many blogs, but I stumbled on this one a few months ago and have since gone back to read every entry. It all seems so genuine. I'm stuck here in this office all day, but I'm happy to see someone out there experiencing the world. Go Dutch Pancake!
04:57 AM November 19, 2012
Enjoy hearing about your life in Hollandj
18:07 PM November 19, 2012
I really enjoy this blog because the photos are fantastic, artistic and diverse! I always look forward to updates.
19:34 PM November 19, 2012
Meredith is clearly a great story-teller - what I like most about her blog is the humanism infused in her writing. The stories regard her very active and diverse everyday life, and she is a very accessible person to which it is easy to relate. Even though living abroad may seem daunting, after reading her blog, it seems like something I could do, and something I want to do! Thanks Meredith!
20:35 PM November 19, 2012
I love following your adventure, they always keep me excited to travel. I basically live vicariously through you! Keep up the great work :)!!! xo - P
21:20 PM November 19, 2012
Very inspirational! I am always excited to see a new blog post!
01:36 AM November 20, 2012
A great view of The Netherlands through a newcomer's eyes!
22:11 PM November 20, 2012
Meredith's Dutch Pancake blog is a wonderful dip into the past and present, in perfect alignment with the Netherlands as a whole! The blend of architecture, landscape & human interest photography is magnificent. Her eye for detail & color is extraordinary. And it all fits perfectly into my memories of living in Holland 40 years ago! Meredith, thank you! mary h
18:30 PM November 21, 2012
Such a lovely and informative blog!
04:40 AM November 24, 2012
I love this blog. It's informative, personal, and artsy!
19:13 PM November 25, 2012
As a Californian who adores Europe from afar, I love reading this blog. Meredith's writing is elegant and grounded, and her photos so astutely capture the beauty of daily life in Europe.
13:39 PM November 26, 2012
As someone who has lived away from home for a good part of my life, I can really identify with Meredith's insightful posts. Suddenly the little things in-life become amazing topics to write about and Meredith does it beautifully.
23:46 PM November 26, 2012
My favourite blog in the whole world! Epic!