Latest Blog Posts »
- A run through Paris 1 year ago Yes, please! Elliot and his friend from business school signed up for a race through the streets of Paris, sponsored by Nike. What a great excuse to visit friends in Paris and spend the weekend in the city of love. Arnaud and Eloise, and their 2 gorgeous kids, live just outside Paris and were kind...
- Wait, there are islands in the Netherlands? 1 year ago Yes, people, islands. No palm trees, coconuts, or sunshine, but real (and manmade) islands. We had our weekend-long team retreat on Vlieland, the largest of the islands. October isn't the best month for Dutch island-hopping, but we made the best of it. We were there for a potential assignment, so...
- Berlin: poor but sexy 2 years ago First off, what a cool city. Too cool, actually. I headed to Berlin with about 40 other Dutch urban planners, architects, and entrepreneurs on a study trip. My company (read: I) planned the trip and we spent about 3 days examining their strategies around temporary use, among other topics, ie, ...
- Fietsentocht to the fireworks 2 years ago A very Dutch thing to do in the summer is a fietsentocht, or a bike journey. Usually they last a few days or a month. Ours was a couple hours. And we were fine with that. It happened to be the international firework festival in Scheviningen, the beachside town near Den Haag. We rented bikes when we...
- A quick trip to Basel and our first Michelin restaurant 2 years ago [note: this is from July 2013!]Elliot and I headed out to Basel, Switzerland, to visit his sister for a long weekend. It was so much fun! We had great weather, swam in the river, and enjoyed the French Alsace countryside for an afternoon too.We toured the city and took the adorable little ferry...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Netherlands Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Netherlands!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 23 reviews on Dutch Pancake
21:53 PM November 14, 2012
Really like this blog, it is interesting, original, fresh, relaxed but fun and visually very appealing. Well done to the blogger!!
20:12 PM November 18, 2012
Very nice stories about Holland from an expat's perspective!
20:27 PM November 18, 2012
A very real and entertaining style of writing , with stories which one can relate to : make this blog a must follow.
20:53 PM November 18, 2012
Very well written and documented blog on life as an expat which I can relate to. Wonderful photos to further accent the articles - very nice!
22:01 PM November 18, 2012
So enjoy your blog and can't wait to see Paris with some advice from you and now Amsterdam! Kristi A.
23:13 PM November 18, 2012
Well written blog with lovely photography. Seems to be a good resource for travel recommendations around Holland and Europe as well. Well done!
23:37 PM November 18, 2012
Having traveled to the Netherdlands, this blog puts me right back on a bike ride along the canals. The pictures are reflective of real life in Holland, and the narrative is sweet and honest. I have referred many friends to this site when considering their travel plans to Europe. I am an avid Dutch Pancake fan.
23:42 PM November 18, 2012
i love following your adventures on your blog! and the photography is always so beautiful!
01:00 AM November 19, 2012
Vicarious adventures through the lens and heart of one expat are just what the doctor ordered.
01:45 AM November 19, 2012
makes me want to visit!
04:28 AM November 19, 2012
This blog is my FAVORITE. I don't read many blogs, but I stumbled on this one a few months ago and have since gone back to read every entry. It all seems so genuine. I'm stuck here in this office all day, but I'm happy to see someone out there experiencing the world. Go Dutch Pancake!
04:57 AM November 19, 2012
Enjoy hearing about your life in Hollandj
18:07 PM November 19, 2012
I really enjoy this blog because the photos are fantastic, artistic and diverse! I always look forward to updates.
19:34 PM November 19, 2012
Meredith is clearly a great story-teller - what I like most about her blog is the humanism infused in her writing. The stories regard her very active and diverse everyday life, and she is a very accessible person to which it is easy to relate. Even though living abroad may seem daunting, after reading her blog, it seems like something I could do, and something I want to do! Thanks Meredith!
20:35 PM November 19, 2012
I love following your adventure, they always keep me excited to travel. I basically live vicariously through you! Keep up the great work :)!!! xo - P
21:20 PM November 19, 2012
Very inspirational! I am always excited to see a new blog post!
01:36 AM November 20, 2012
A great view of The Netherlands through a newcomer's eyes!
22:11 PM November 20, 2012
Meredith's Dutch Pancake blog is a wonderful dip into the past and present, in perfect alignment with the Netherlands as a whole! The blend of architecture, landscape & human interest photography is magnificent. Her eye for detail & color is extraordinary. And it all fits perfectly into my memories of living in Holland 40 years ago! Meredith, thank you! mary h
18:30 PM November 21, 2012
Such a lovely and informative blog!
04:40 AM November 24, 2012
I love this blog. It's informative, personal, and artsy!
19:13 PM November 25, 2012
As a Californian who adores Europe from afar, I love reading this blog. Meredith's writing is elegant and grounded, and her photos so astutely capture the beauty of daily life in Europe.
13:39 PM November 26, 2012
As someone who has lived away from home for a good part of my life, I can really identify with Meredith's insightful posts. Suddenly the little things in-life become amazing topics to write about and Meredith does it beautifully.
23:46 PM November 26, 2012
My favourite blog in the whole world! Epic!