The Paris Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- May It Be Deliciously Spooky 9 hours ago Happy Halloween from The Paris Blog! The post May It Be Deliciously Spooky appeared first on .
- Don't Get Too Literal 1 day ago To have long teeth, in French parlance, does not equate being long in the tooth. Having long teeth means someone is (idiomatically) ambitious, not old. “Eating on the thumb” and “breaking people’s feet” are two (literally translated) French expressions you will hear more frequently (if...
- The City's Oldest Pastry Shop 2 days ago The baba au rhum dessert was invented at Patisserie Stohrer on rue Montorgueil in the early 1700s. By Louis XIV’s personal pastry chef. The shop is still open, and you can still eat those delicious brioche soaked in booze! The post The City’s Oldest Pastry Shop appeared first on .
- Rethinking La Defense 3 days ago I am not a big fan of modern French architecture, and most of it in Paris is mediocre at best. A few years ago I ventured to La Defense when the first Uniqlo store opened. I didn’t think much of it at the time, just a set of mostly nondescript modern glass towers, which could have been in any...
- Last Week for Outdoor Photo Fest 4 days ago Every summer, the town of La Gacilly on the border of Brittany’s Morbihan and Ile-et-Vilaine departments hosts the Festival Photo, the largest outdoor photo festival in France. If you happen to be in area, the 2014 exhibit runs one more week, until November 2nd! I’ve visited La Gacilly’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Paris Blog
17:17 PM October 18, 2012
I'm on my way to Paris and your information will come in so handy--especially the blog on markets. Merci!