The Paris Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Nazi Artifact Auction Cancelled 9 hours ago The Nazi Hermann Göring, who died 68 years ago, was in the news again this week. The reason: a Paris auction of 40 Nazi artifacts which included Göring’s passport. The auction, which had been scheduled to be held on April 26, has been called off due to pressure from several Jewish and...
- Rooftop Season Is Here 22 hours ago Le Perchoir opened its doors last summer, filling a gap in the Paris bar and restaurant scene: a place on an open rooftop where guests could enjoy an amazing view of the city. The enviable location of this bar offers a 360-degree view of the City of Light. Le Perchoir is divided into two parts:...
- The Layers Above the Seine 2 days ago Taken from the Pont Saint-Michel, this image shows layers of buildings along the quay; the bouquinistes; the level under the street; the banks of the Seine; and finally the Seine herself. How have I not noticed the walkway under the street level on this south side of the river? What are those open...
- Why Do the French Like Easter? 3 days ago Because it’s a bonne idée.
- Egg-xactly 4 days ago Why do the French make omelets with just one egg? Because one egg is un oeuf! (Check back tomorrow for an Easter-themed jeu de mots.)
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on The Paris Blog
17:17 PM October 18, 2012
I'm on my way to Paris and your information will come in so handy--especially the blog on markets. Merci!