The Culture Blend
Latest Blog Posts »
- Alone in a Crowd (Again) — The Second Wave of Expat Isolation 4 days ago If you’ve been an expat for several years and you feel all alone . . . you’re not alone. Surrounded by people and completely isolated. That’s a common sentiment among expat newbies. The introduction INTO an existing team of expats can be an awkward mix of high energy ice-breakers, and...
- 99 Questions for Global Families (digging for gold in your own home) 3 months ago spoiler alert: There is a free ebook at the end of this post. I’m excited about something but not because it’s profound. I’m excited because it’s simple. So simple. Like insanely simple but I’m watching it work already. Here’s the dilemma. I’m a parent AND an expat. If you’re not in...
- Why expats love community — and struggle to find it again 5 months ago
- Asia is the new Illinois: Why I Love Raising Global Kids - Part 1 (of about a million) 5 months ago A little back story . . . I grew up in the largest cornfield in the world. Illinois, (one of 50 United States), is geographically and politically broken into two distinct regions. Chicago and corn. You could literally travel for hours in any direction from my home and never leave the...
- I Could Be Wrong: The Plague of Expat Perfectionism 6 months ago I fear your criticism. I thought I would be better at this. I procrastinate. I sometimes feel like I’m faking it to get by. If people knew ________ they would be SO disappointed. I start things and never finish them. I want you to think I look good. I need you to think I’m smart. […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » The Culture Blend has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!