Hippie In Heels
Latest Blog Posts »
- 4 Easy Tips on Responsible Travel in India (and Elsewhere) 1 day ago The following article is from Erica, who has a blog focused on responsible and sustainable travel. I get asked about responsible travel in India often and how to support the locals while you travel here - hopefully, this post will give you some insight on what responsible travel means. Erica has...
- Ask Me Anything: Why Are You Still In India & Will You Ever Move? 4 days ago I'm trying to write more of these "Ask Me Anything" series posts since I do get asked similar questions very often. I've been writing them down and slowly will write posts answering them. One thing I get asked a lot is "Why India?" There are a number of reasons I am still living as anThe post Ask...
- 8 Worthwhile Shopping Tours in India & Meeting Local Artisans 6 days ago I am a girl who likes to shop and in the last six years, I have done some serious shopping in India. I spent a month in Karnataka and met many local artisans there where I bought khadi and made clothing. I've met artisans in Arunachal Pradesh who make the most amazing neon prints whichThe post 8...
- 3 Magical Villages to Visit on Lake Atitlan, Guatemala: Yoga, Volcanoes, & Mayan Culture 1 week ago There is so much to do in Guatemala but visiting the local villages is one of the most memorable experiences. I am going to share 3 villages to visit on Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. The first time I visited Lake Atitlan, Guatemala I did a sunrise hike up to one of the tall peaks surrounding theThe post...
- Dream, Dare, Do for International Women's Day with QVC 1 week ago This post is in partnership with QVC for International Women's Day. I was compensated for my time in writing it. Dream, Dare, Do for International Women's Day with QVC Anyone with a dream can take a dare to do it. That's the key message from QVC this Women's Day - and it's one that IThe post Dream,...
Contest Entries »
- Top Ten Differences Between Rural Ohio and Tropical India Expat Blog Awards 2013 Top Ten Differences between Rural Ohio and Tropical IndiaLiving in India is a magical treat for all your senses. At times overwhelming, not a day goes by that you don’t say “Oh my god, did you see that!?” to someone near you. Maybe it’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: India Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in India!Copy and paste code to display the India Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Hippie In Heels
07:57 AM December 01, 2013
Great travel blog. The tips on packing was very useful. Also love the Goa secret beach article.
16:04 PM December 01, 2013
Compared to other sites I have checked yours is right at the top. Good pictures and truthfulness make it real. You realize the cons are actually more important than the pros. Great tips for travel, especially for a site still being developed. Keep up the good work!
18:24 PM December 01, 2013
:) awesome blog. So cool that you get to see so many great places and have all of these awesome experiences
19:37 PM December 02, 2013
Not many people have the guts to quit their job - well lets be serious lots of people quit their jobs! - with the ability to plan out worldwide travels, make it on a ridiculously small budget, and make tons of seemingly random friends. The blog is tons of fun to read!!
10:52 AM December 09, 2013
Great blog handy and practical tips, amazing stories and ideas and makes the least adventurous person to wants to go backpacking around the world :D she is a true traveler soul!
12:29 PM December 09, 2013
I love your blog, it has the right amount of helpful information combined with fun. The photos help bring your travels to life! Your adventures could be a movie but filled with practical and unique travel tips.
08:22 AM December 10, 2013
This blog is very nice, I like to read the articles about India.
18:25 PM December 10, 2013
This blog really inspires women around the world to not be afraid to travel alone. Easy to trust your advice because you definitely have the expertise!
22:17 PM December 10, 2013
I love reading your blog. It is fun and I feel like I get to live a little of your adventure with you. Whenever I actually get to do some traveling (retirement maybe?)I will hopefully get to utilize all the tips.
17:15 PM December 11, 2013
I love this travel blog I can't wait to see what she's going to do next it take me places that I may never go thanks have a great time
12:37 PM December 30, 2013
This blog is one to be kept on the radar! It already boasts a diverse range of travel topics, written by a relatable and highly experienced traveler. Looking forward to future posts.
12:11 PM March 21, 2017
Thank you for your interesting article and colorful photos!