Michael & Graciela
Latest Blog Posts »
- Photo of the Week - Learning English in Bogotá 1 year ago March 2014 By Michael A local Bogotá newspaper caught my eye. The publication written in Spanish had above the fold the big letters of the title written in English. Now I wonder how many of my fellow urban dwellers in this city of over eight million people understood what it said. Well, if all...
- Our House Hunting Experience in Bogotá, Colombia 1 year ago By Michael February 2017 My wife decided it was again time to look at homes in Bogotá. Such is not always an easy task. There aren’t that many of them. The city has the 9th worst population density in the world. When comparing the quantity of apartments to houses the latter is a definite...
- Bogotá Recyclers are More of a Solution Than a Problem 1 year ago October 2016 Soiled hands grasp the ends of wooden 2X4’s rounded off for the purpose. A man wearing an old coat and stained wrinkled blue jeans leans forward. At the same time feet search for traction on the asphalt road. Slowly the car tires of a cart laden with cardboard, plastic and wood...
- Christmas Starting in October - Photo of the Week 1 year ago Michael: It is too early for Christmas. The above photo is a collage of photos taken at a Colombian store in early October 2016 Colombia, obviously, does not have Thanksgiving. They have no holiday that could mark the beginning of the Christmas season. Interesting though is that last year several...
- Chayote - Healthy or Will it Mummify You? 1 year ago September 2016 By Michael For years I passed by the green wrinkled and furrowed looking plant at our local fruit and vegetable market. That is not unusual as there are many plants in Colombia I am still trying to learn. The sign in front of this particular one said, guatila. It was only because of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Michael & Graciela
16:32 PM January 30, 2014
The articles are very enjoyable. To be entertained while learning about Colombia is wonderful. I look forward to each article and ...visiting Colombia now that I know more about the country.
20:50 PM February 03, 2014
Its a blog I like because Mike & Graciela live, explore and enjoy together to inspire, mostly other couples, on how to do it in their own way, in Colombia.
13:45 PM February 05, 2014
It is interesting to read because of what I call the two 2's, two different writers (and sometimes view points) in the same blog and two languages (English and Spanish)
18:34 PM March 26, 2014
Enjoyable reads - Like the restaurant reviews. Nice addition with the list of hotels in Bogotá
15:40 PM March 27, 2014
The site is not just for people thinking of visiting Colombia. The writing itself is enjoyable, especially with two of them writing. And things like art (their art in the park writing) is universal. I never knew that Bogota offered so much. A person can just stop in and wander around reading many different topics. Oh and I should probably mention that it is interesting the way some articles are in Spanish as well as English