Janey in Mersin
Latest Blog Posts »
- What Time is it? It's Salça Time! 1 week ago I used to say that making salça (paste) with my SIL was the most fun you could have in the Village with your clothes on. In fact, I even complained a few years back about my SIL’s family taking over my salça making duties and ruining my fun. I take it back now. All of […]
- What Have You Done For Me Lately? 4 weeks ago Hello, it’s me, Janey … in Mersin (in case you forgot). I know I’ve said this in the past but my life has definitely been really busy over these few months. Some days are out of my control and by the time that I get home I’m usually exhausted. It takes all my effort to […]
- Squatty Potty Disaster 4 months ago A public toilet in Türkiye can be one of the most feral places on earth. I guess I could say that about any public toilet around the world but as I live in Türkiye and this is a story about Türkiye then I’m going to say Türkiye. Anyway, you would think that in the thousands […]
- Work at ANZAC Cove 4 months ago For many of us Aussies a pilgrimage to Gelibolu (Gallipoli) is a must do in our lifetime. The area is steeped in history, an ancient history, a pained history and a history of heroism by the boys and men who left home yearning for adventure, ready to fight for their King and country only to lose...
- Spirit in the Sky 5 months ago Mersin is full of so much history and gorgeous scenery and yet, living here, I seldom get further than my front door so the opportunity to join a couple of amateur photographers as they travelled deep into the Tarsus Mountains to explore the ruins of a monastery was an opportunity just too good to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Janey in Mersin has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!