Janey in Mersin
Latest Blog Posts »
- Taksim Metro Cat 1 week ago Over the past few days a video has gone viral (link to the video at the end of this story), showing up on newsfeed on my various social media more than a few times. That video is the latest kitty internet sensation – Taksim Metro Cat. A cat that gives no shits about you… or […]
- My Inspiration 1 week ago Sunrise is my favourite time of day. I am definitely a morning person and am usually pretty knackered and ready for bed and a good book quite early in the evening. I take a photo of the sunrise from the terrace most mornings. I don’t know why. I guess seeing Mother Nature using her colour...
- Museum of Innocence 2 weeks ago “It was the happiest moment of my life, though I didn’t know it.” I first read the Orhan Pamuk’s novel the Museum of Innocence in 2011. It is the tale of Kemal, the son of one of Istanbul’s richest families and his bordering on creepy love of Furun, who is, of course, from the wrong...
- Istanbul or Bust 3 weeks ago Like most of us, I have a love affair with Istanbul, and I try and visit this beautiful city at least once a year. I always take a list of things I want to see and when in the city, I walk around and tick off the tasks that I’ve completed. Daughter can’t cope with […]
- Starry, Starry Night 1 month ago Anyone who has driven down into Mersin on Akbelen Boulevard has no doubt seen Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” or Johannes Vermeer’s “Girl with a Pearl Earring” painted onto one of the old buildings along the street. If like me, you wondered who did these paintings, I can now give you the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Janey in Mersin has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!