Latest Blog Posts »
- (city of) art and light 1 week ago Photos of Paris come in all shapes and sizes. There are the classic post card pics that a thousand people are taking at any one time up at trocadero… Comme ça. And then there are the lesser-seen sides of things. Beneath trocadero there live a lot of fish. Because… it’s [...]
- self determination pep 1 week ago The concept of self-determination first impressed me at university, in a fascinating 400-level history course. I’m sure I had social studies and history teachers who touched on the subject at school, but my brain engaged a little later… Self-determination comes up in NZ history particularly...
- enough 3 weeks ago I never realised how much I overuse the word enough until I started trying to translate myself into French. C’est suffit means That’s enough. But it’s unusual (or just doesn’t work) to say enough in other contexts, ie. ‘there are enough cheerios in Elena’s hair.’ You need to use the...
- Quoi? 1 month ago Officially, POUR QUOI is the way to ask WHY in French. But with the right kind of eyebrow action (and a hand gesture might help) a good QUOI? does the trick. Literally, just WHAT? Perhaps it’s PMS but there seems a lot of stupidity going around this week. Perhaps it’s [...]
- a few of my favourites 2 months ago We will soon be visiting New Zealand, going home for the first time since we moved to France over 18 months ago. We’ve also been talking/thinking about what we want do to when/if our time in Paris is up (in theory, next June). I could be organised and make lists [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Amypaulussen.com has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!