Latest Blog Posts »
- First Birthday 3 days ago My baby girl, my only girl, my second baby, turned one a week ago. First birthdays, someone told me, are about wine and cake. Sounds good to me. But no one wanted wine. Still water was popular and everyone liked the peach/tomato/mozzarella combo on toasted baguette. The giraffe cake was [...]
- meandering Marais and media mentions 1 week ago Something I forgot to mention – I got interviewed last week. This was a first. For someone who taught ‘Media Studies’ I’m really very short on real-life media experience, so when a journalist from France24 wanted to interview me, about kids and childcare as an expat in...
- Add it to the Mix 1 week ago We’ve added Mum to the mix this week. She’s been stellar at helping out with the kids, the laundry, the dishes, the babysitting… she even ironed. And then we added two of Luuk’s cousins to our house-party, and it got a little crazy; the brief and great fun type of [...]
- in the thick of it 2 weeks ago I’m past half way of this rewrite. In fact, I’ve thrown myself into it rather passionately this past week. Hence the complete absence of new blog posts. But there hasn’t been a lot to tell. There were a few amusing/frustrating/interesting moments. 1. On Thursday morning I finally...
- spot the difference 3 weeks ago On the weekend I picked up a ‘Best of the Muppet Show’ DVD and as it’s a rainy miserable day (three days shy of summer, my eye) I thought this the ideal time to spend the afternoon with our colourful singing puppet friends. And then I discovered it is in [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Amypaulussen.com has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!