Latest Blog Posts »
- On bagging teachers 4 months ago I work as a relief teacher. At seven in the morning, or if I’m lucky, at eight in the evening, the night before, I get a call from a surprisingly calm sounding woman who coordinates the relief teachers at one of the high schools nearby, and she asks me if I’m available to teach, and
- A Little Distance 7 months ago Well, it happened again. Insert sensationalist news headline here. Earthquakes are a-quaking. But not right under me. Not here. Not this time. We felt the biggie, sat up in bed, said ‘Is that a… oh shiiiit,” and zig-zagged to the doorway, but all the hundreds of after shocks, all hours, night...
- Top 5 Stupid Reasons to look down your nose at Romance 11 months ago I spent the weekend at the Romance Writers of New Zealand annual conference. And I’ve said so, head held high, to every school parent and friend who has asked how my weekend was. IT WAS AMAZING. This is an incredible group of writers, from beginners struggling to put the final chapters of their...
- On being a great loser 1 year ago For starters, never begin a game of Risk. No good can come of it. Fun, fun, fun, rising blood pressure, glee, despair, fury, philosophical levels of doubt about your value and place in the universe because if you were worth anything you’d surely roll something above a two! I’ve never been great...
- I'm a big girl now 1 year ago Pull-ups, wow! Just me? There was an ad, back in the day. Catchy tune. I’m singing it in my head. Fine, out loud. Oh look, there it is: so that’s a tangent for a start. Gosh. What was I going to say? Right – I had a birthday. I’m now THIRTY-ONE. To my ears, thirty
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Amypaulussen.com has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!