A Welshie in Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Easter in Genova 2 days ago I was up bright and early at 6.15 on Good Friday to catch my train to Genova. I've got the bad (?) habit of booking very early trains when I go away, without thinking about what time I'd then have to get up to catch it. I'd decided to go to Genova more by a series of elimination than anything, I...
- Sunday Classic 1 week ago I heard a clip of this song on the radio this morning and I knew I had to choose it for my post. It's Con il nastro rosa by Lucio Battisti from 1980. It was actually the B side to Una giornata uggiosa, but it quickly became the most popular out of the two songs.
- Adverts from Italy 4 2 weeks ago This, apparently, is how you advertise gelato in Italy.My first thought when I saw this advert was that it looked like one for a dating site or for a new dating app. But no, it's for the much-loved Cornetto. Well, thanks for making me feel like a lonely singleton again Italy. Can't food just be...
- Sunday Classic 2 weeks ago Più di così is taken from Mina's 1984 album Catene. I've chosen this today because the song's sampled in rapper Mondo Marcio's new single A denti stretti. All of the songs on his new album Nella bocca del tigre sample songs by Mina.
- Word of The Week 2 weeks ago Buttare - to throw (away)I've been on a massive and much-needed spring clean today, and I've now got several (!) bin bags worth of old clothes to take to the charity bins and random stuff to buttare. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over time without even realising it!
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on A Welshie in Italy
18:52 PM December 04, 2013
I always enjoy visiting this blog for the great tips and suggestions for exploring Milan. Always current and thoughtfully written.