A Welshie in Italy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Italy's Old Rockers 3 days ago I enjoy studying Italian music. Trying to figure out what Italians like and why. Things are very different here when it comes to local artists, and one of the most obvious things for me is those artists who have been around forever. The ever-loved Jovanotti brought rap into the Italian mainstream...
- Sunday Classic 5 days ago This song isn't that much of a classic, but I originally thought it was older by a good few years. Iris (tra le tue poesie) is my favourite song by Biagio Antonacci, and is from 1998.
- Word of The Week 5 days ago il termometro - thermometerIt doesn't take a genius to work out that one eh?My shiny digital termometro has been my friend this week, as the Italian paranoia about la febbre has well and truly rubbed off on me. I've been home ill with been pretty much everything the winter lurgy can throw at you,...
- Word of The Week 1 week ago la noce - walnutInspired by my friend S who I spent Christmas with in deepest darkest Veneto, I bought loose noci at the supermarket for the first time ever this week. She'd heard that eating three every day was good for your health, and I thought why not? In my supermarket they work out at nearly...
- Sunday Classic 1 week ago This week in 1975 national treasure Raffaella Carrà had two songs in the Italian top 10, this one is Rumore. She's still going strong, and returned to our tv screens on Friday night as one of the judges of a new talent show on Rai Uno.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on A Welshie in Italy
18:52 PM December 04, 2013
I always enjoy visiting this blog for the great tips and suggestions for exploring Milan. Always current and thoughtfully written.